🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Clarence Thomas and Affirmative Action

the reason I cited emotion is because you haven't provided this "proof" that its not needed. Therefore I can only assume that the reason you believe its not needed is based in emotions. Logic doesn't explain anything and neither have you.

Logic says its needed. So there! (see?)

I gave reasons in earlier posts, just because you don't like or have not read them is not my issue.

And you have yet to cite the different obstructions it is needed now as opposed to 50 years ago or than things have changed, what has changed and why is it still need as opposed to 50 years ago?

I gave reasons too. You didn't read them either. Here a different obstruction includes hidden racism instead of blatent racism

It's still needed because racism still exists. Understand now? You wont because being on the outside looking in you cant see the dirty floors, sorta speak.

Do you own a bicycle? As an adult, does your bike still have training wheels? If not, at what point was a decision made to take them off and why?

I gave reasons in earlier posts, just because you don't like or have not read them is not my issue.

And you have yet to cite the different obstructions it is needed now as opposed to 50 years ago or than things have changed, what has changed and why is it still need as opposed to 50 years ago?

I gave reasons too. You didn't read them either. Here a different obstruction includes hidden racism instead of blatent racism

It's still needed because racism still exists. Understand now? You wont because being on the outside looking in you cant see the dirty floors, sorta speak.

Do you own a bicycle? As an adult, does your bike still have training wheels? If not, at what point was a decision made to take them off and why?

When balance was achieved. Simple.

Affirmative Action is, in its present form and at the time it was expanded in the past, one of the most backward and covertly racist programs ever. Wasn't Martin Luther King's Dream to have a society where we only judged one's character and didn't need to take into account the color of his or her skin with things like college admissions, hiring, etc.?! He would not approve of a system that literally tells minorities, "you're not capable of doing this on your own, and for no other reason than that you are a minority, you need our help to succed." What better way to communicate to minorities that they are inferior?

I think it's a gross practice with malicious intentions that has evolved into something that actually keeps minorities down, which is really sad. I guess it doesn't surprise me that Democrats still support it; when segregation was no longer an option, they simply moved on to Affirmative Action is their new form of racism.

I guess you only have a superficial 'knowledge of Martin Luther King and his 'Dream' as you call it.

"Myth #1: King wanted only equal rights, not special privileges and would have opposed affirmative action, quotas, reparations, and the other policies pursued by today’s civil rights leadership.

This is probably the most repeated myth about King. Writing on National Review Online, There Heritage Foundation’s Matthew Spalding wrote a piece entitled "Martin Luther King’s Conservative Mind," where he wrote, "An agenda that advocates quotas, counting by race and set-asides takes us away from King's vision."

The problem with this view is that King openly advocated quotas and racial set-asides.
He wrote that the "Negro today is not struggling for some abstract, vague rights, but for concrete improvement in his way of life." When equal opportunity laws failed to achieve this, King looked for other ways. In his book Where Do We Go From Here, he suggested that "A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him, to equip him to compete on a just and equal basis." To do this he expressed support for quotas. In a 1968 Playboy interview, he said, "If a city has a 30% Negro population, then it is logical to assume that Negroes should have at least 30% of the jobs in any particular company, and jobs in all categories rather than only in menial areas." King was more than just talk in this regard. Working through his Operation Breadbasket, King threatened boycotts of businesses that did not hire blacks in proportion to their population.
King was even an early proponent of reparations."

the reason I cited emotion is because you haven't provided this "proof" that its not needed. Therefore I can only assume that the reason you believe its not needed is based in emotions. Logic doesn't explain anything and neither have you.

Logic says its needed. So there! (see?)

I see racism, I see it a lot. I also believe it is tough to keep any of it hidden anymore. I have not worked with a company for over 20 years where race has been an issue in hiring. It is based on ability and attitude.

I really don't care what color anyone is when I hire and I don't care what color they are when the do a good job or screw up, the results are the same and I don't know any business owners or managers that don't feel the same way. Results are results and the bottom line is the bottom line. I want workers, I want honesty, I want results and I want everyone treat well, the better you treat those that work around you, the better they respond to you.

I see racism, I see it a lot. I also believe it is tough to keep any of it hidden anymore. I have not worked with a company for over 20 years where race has been an issue in hiring. It is based on ability and attitude.

I really don't care what color anyone is when I hire and I don't care what color they are when the do a good job or screw up, the results are the same and I don't know any business owners or managers that don't feel the same way. Results are results and the bottom line is the bottom line. I want workers, I want honesty, I want results and I want everyone treat well, the better you treat those that work around you, the better they respond to you.

Please stop saying things you don't know and cannot prove. It lowers the discussion

Please stop saying things you don't know and cannot prove. It lowers the discussion

I am telling you my experience for the last 20 plus years in management and hiring people. So I do know, and if you do not want to accept it, fine.

How do you prove your theory of hidden racism preventing people from getting jobs?

I am telling you my experience for the last 20 plus years in management and hiring people. So I do know, and if you do not want to accept it, fine.

How do you prove your theory of hidden racism preventing people from getting jobs?

That's fine if you don't consider race but stop saying that everyone around you does not either unless you have access to their thoughts and feelings, which you don't.

YOU have not considered race in hiring for 20 years is the statement you should make because that is true

That's fine if you don't consider race but stop saying that everyone around you does not either unless you have access to their thoughts and feelings, which you don't.

YOU have not considered race in hiring for 20 years is the statement you should make because that is true

And so the hidden racism is just your opinion because it cannot be proved. Thanks.

And so the hidden racism is just your opinion because it cannot be proved. Thanks.

ClosedCaption knows that if HE were put in a position where he could choose to hire people, race would be a major factor in his decision.

This is one of many reasons CC will never be in such a position....

With all the talk of corporate greed it is tough to imagine a company would hire on the basis of race, it would be more about the bottom line.

Sure that my opinion if you will say that hidden racism doesn't exist. Is that what you're saying? Of course you're not so don't be silly

Hidden racism exists Fact. YOU have not been concerned with race in hiring. Fact

The company you work for doesn't consider race when hiring? Conjecture.

With all the talk of corporate greed it is tough to imagine a company would hire on the basis of race, it would be more about the bottom line.

And CYA.

When I hire someone, I am held responsible for their performance. If they perform poorly, it could cost ME my job. The ONLY thing I give a shit about is how well they do their job.

And CYA.

When I hire someone, I am held responsible for their performance. If they perform poorly, it could cost ME my job. The ONLY thing I give a shit about is how well they do their job.

Don't forget caring about Equal Opportunity laws or you ignore those as well because doggonit you do what you want

Sure that my opinion if you will say that hidden racism doesn't exist. Is that what you're saying? Of course you're not so don't be silly

Hidden racism exists Fact. YOU have not been concerned with race in hiring. Fact

Hidden racism exists? Prove it please.

Hidden racism exists? Prove it please.

Just say that it doesn't so you can look like a fool

We have a black president, black congressmen, governors, mayors, doctors, lawyers, CEO's, college presidents, etc. Why do we still need the training wheels of Affirmative Action in 2013?

Don't forget caring about Equal Opportunity laws or you ignore those as well because doggonit you do what you want

I don't give a fuck about your racist laws.

I care about performing the tasks that make for a profitable enterprise. I don't give a shit what color someone is; I care about their technical skills and what they bring to the team.

You don't grasp this because you've never been in management nor owned a business.

Do yourself a huge favor and check for polyps while you have your head up your ass. It will save you a bundle over having a colonoscopy.

We have a black president, black congressmen, governors, mayors, doctors, lawyers, CEO's, college presidents, etc. Why do we still need the training wheels of Affirmative Action in 2013?

Geez dude, when did you take off your training wheels? When the guy across the street said he was tired of seeing you use them?

Forum List

Back