🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Clarence Thomas and Affirmative Action

This is perhaps the clearest example of hidden racism. The fact that so many posters blame or think that AA is for only blacks and only blacks benefit from it AND that it's unfair only for blacks to use it.

The facts mean nothing. Their racism leads them to believe otherwise.

Thank you, for providing a link to the article. I wonder what the criteria to figure out that it was affirmative action that led to the better jobs or positions.

Whether it is women or blacks, Hispanics Asians, Indians, it really doesn't matter to me, it's the results I look at. I want the best person for the job and the one that will help improve my company. I can't see a business making a decision to hurt their company.

Right and breaking the law will make you profitable. Go tell that "I don't care about nothing and do what I want" fairy tale to someone who like smoke blown on their anus

How would breaking the law make me profitable?

You make no sense.

Closed has lost it, he is making no sense.

You never said breaking a law would make you profitable, you never said you would discriminate and you would hire the best person for the job. I don't think you ever said anything about doing what you want.

I think his reading comprehension is not very good at this time.

This is perhaps the clearest example of hidden racism. The fact that so many posters blame or think that AA is for only blacks and only blacks benefit from it AND that it's unfair only for blacks to use it.

I don't think anyone here has said Affirmative Action is for blacks only.

As for what anyone thinks? As you told me earlier, you would have no clue as to what people think and can only speak for yourself.

So again, you have your opinion as to what people think and no facts.

You never said breaking a law would make you profitable, you never said you would discriminate and you would hire the best person for the job. I don't think you ever said anything about doing what you want.

He's been in a government job his whole career, and doesn't grasp how the real world works.

Thank you, for providing a link to the article. I wonder what the criteria to figure out that it was affirmative action that led to the better jobs or positions.

Whether it is women or blacks, Hispanics Asians, Indians, it really doesn't matter to me, it's the results I look at. I want the best person for the job and the one that will help improve my company. I can't see a business making a decision to hurt their company.

Same here. Back in the late 80's/early 90's and what I call the "hey day of Affirmative Action", it was reported that not a few White males would give their wives a stake in the company over say 33% so the company could qualify as a minority owned business thus reaping the benefits of such.

Same here. Back in the late 80's/early 90's and what I call the "hey day of Affirmative Action", it was reported that not a few White males would give their wives a stake in the company over say 33% so the company could qualify as a minority owned business thus reaping the benefits of such.

My businesses were 50/50 with my wife, because in all reality...it was. Lol!

Here's an interesting article from 1996:

Michael D'Ampolo is feeling better, too. The owner of a small Massachusetts bus company, M & L Transportation, D'Ampolo considered making his wife president of his company three years ago after being turned down for several federal loan programs and losing a bid for a corporate shuttle bus route because, he says, his business wasn't owned by a minority or a woman.

Here's an excerpt from another article, read the comments section and you will see other people discussing what I was referring to in my other response.

"According to the Times, 17 percent of these firms merely acted as “middlemen” and subcontracted the work to others."

U.S. Acts to Open Minority Program to White Bidders

"More work reserved for disadvantaged businesses is going instead to white-owned companies that are controlled -- at least in name -- by women."

That doesn't negate the fact that White males DID work to circumvent and circumvented those requirements by either propping up their wives as "business owners" and or having a 'minority' as an 'owner' so they could qualify for government contracts. Twenty years ago, I had two white guys try to do that with me and my company;they wanted to be partners (their 66% to my 33% effectively) so we could qualify for minority contracts but I told them no thank you because that would mean that they could run my company.

That doesn't negate the fact that White males DID work to circumvent and circumvented those requirements by either propping up their wives as "business owners" and or having a 'minority' as an 'owner' so they could qualify for government contracts. Twenty years ago, I had two white guys try to do that with me and my company;they wanted to be partners (their 66% to my 33% effectively) so we could qualify for minority contracts but I told them no thank you because that would mean that they could run my company.

So what you're saying is that Affirmative Racism is rife with fraud? :eek:

And so the hidden racism is just your opinion because it cannot be proved. Thanks.

ClosedCaption knows that if HE were put in a position where he could choose to hire people, race would be a major factor in his decision.

This is one of many reasons CC will never be in such a position....

the truth is that CC would never hire a black person because he thinks they are all drug addicts and thugs, so he believes everyone feels the same way.

So what you're saying is that Affirmative Racism is rife with fraud? :eek:

I never said that it was "rife with fraud".

Right and breaking the law will make you profitable. Go tell that "I don't care about nothing and do what I want" fairy tale to someone who like smoke blown on their anus

How would breaking the law make me profitable?

You make no sense.

Let me go back since you missed it. Uncensored said that he doesnt care about racist laws he only cares about being profitable. I told him he has to care about laws no matter if he thinks their racist or not. If he ignores the laws, he wont be profitable.

For some reason he either forgot he said he didnt care about laws or he bumped his head.

Your welcome

As for what anyone thinks? As you told me earlier, you would have no clue as to what people think and can only speak for yourself.

Ok thats fair. No one has said AA is for blacks only. Lets see. Can you think of or find ANY POSTER IN THIS THREAD...ANYONE...Who mentions ANY OTHER GROUP OF PEOPLE when talking about AA.

While its true no one said black ONLY. Blacks are the ONLY GROUP talked about when it comes to AA.

Btw, thanks for at least saying I was correct in the bolded. Late is better than never but you fought like hell when I said the same.

PS...Did you happen to miss the "hidden racism" you requested? I posted a pic then everyone ignored it after asking for it. I knew that would happen anyway. Facts yanno...ask for them, then ignore them and claim you never saw it

I knew companies that the wife owned 51% of a company to gain an advantage and then when they divorced, it threw the business into chaos. I knew guys that found minorities to become partners with, it was a bad decision.

I had a brother who was a partner and my son, two partners that I got along with and made decisions together to benefit the business.

You, like myself made decisions to benefit the business, not tear it down. That is why I believe Affirmative Action is not necessary, maybe I see it differently. I would think most business people would want the best, regardless of sex or color.

Ok thats fair. No one has said AA is for blacks only. Lets see. Can you think of or find ANY POSTER IN THIS THREAD...ANYONE...Who mentions ANY OTHER GROUP OF PEOPLE when talking about AA.

While its true no one said black ONLY. Blacks are the ONLY GROUP talked about when it comes to AA.

Btw, thanks for at least saying I was correct in the bolded. Late is better than never but you fought like hell when I said the same.

PS...Did you happen to miss the "hidden racism" you requested? I posted a pic then everyone ignored it after asking for it. I knew that would happen anyway. Facts yanno...ask for them, then ignore them and claim you never saw it

Of course the context of this thread is about Clarence Thomas and his using Affirmative Action. Now if the thread was about a woman and her using Affirmative Action, I would think women would be the topic of discussion.

I'll look for your pic, my I-phone with this app doesn't treat picture well and are hard for me to see, but I'll go back and look.

Last edited:
Okay, looked at the pic, that is pretty blatant racism to me.

BTW! It is disgusting, I dislike Obama's polices. I don't dislike Obama and people that hate because of skin color are low life scum. We have a couple on this board, I won't acknowledge them.

Maybe because he's seen the full effects of it.

Blacks are no better off then they were in the 1960's. Their public schools suck more than ever. Their families are disunited and denigrated. They have lost hope. They thought Obama was that hope, now the awake blacks are realizing they were sold out and used by Obama himself.

^^ This was the first comment on the 2nd page about blacks Papa. While your correct about the subject I've been here for a long time and NEVER EVER EVER have I, or you, seen any mention of AA having NEGATIVE affects on Women or Asians. For some strange reason...AA ONLY (because no one mentioned any other group) has Negative effects for BLACKS. Not the people who benefit the most (White women) or the second group who benefits most, Asians.

Now if you had to deduce what was going on, why do you think no one ever mentions white women or asians community being fucked up because of AA and ONLY blacks?

Okay, looked at the pic, that is pretty blatant racism to me.

BTW! It is disgusting, I dislike Obama's polices. I don't dislike Obama and people that hate because of skin color are low life scum. We have a couple on this board, I won't acknowledge them.

Oh but CC is kraaaazzyzzy. At least you saw it. Others asked for it then ignored it and came right back like it never happened.

Thats how hidden racism works. Ignore the blatent racism or call it something else.

The only time in this entire thread I have mentioned race was in reference to a single person.

Forum List

Back