🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Clarence Thomas and Affirmative Action

I found this article pretty interesting. What say you?

Editorials & Opinion | Clarence Thomas: Poster Boy For Affirmative Action | Seattle Times Newspaper

942917_627416220605011_98863982_n.png
I say Thomas has a grip on reality. I say the article is biased bullshit. I say Thomas and Bill Cosby have it right...punk ass blacks need to wake up and realize that what happened a hundred years ago is not what's happening today.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Seattle Times could disgrace themselves by misspelling the word successful.
It was likely a beneficiary of Affirmative Action the wrote the tag lines.

What the libs will not admit is that Affirmative Action amounts to nothing more than lowering the bar. That does not really help black people. The public school systems has created a lot of undereducated, stupid graduates....black and white.

I work in a field dominated by women. I have been punched in the face, bit, kicked in the stomach while pregnant Etc..
My field is the 2nd most dangerous job in Washington state with only fisherman ranked higher. You were saying?
And we get paid crap.

so the men that do your job get paid more than you do all other things being equal? :eusa_eh:

Actually yes. I can't go into it on the public board, but yes.

have you filed suite?

Who's to say that he wouldn't be on the court without it? You're saying he was picked because of the color of his skin???

Damn

Read his quotes on it back then. I am starting to see a narrative from some 'conservatives' ; "If he's a 'conservative' and he agrees with us, we will give him a pass on receiving the affirmative action we so despise.". :lol:

I don't give two shits as long as they're not hired based on race. :eusa_hand:

So how do you feel about Thomas and how he benefited from AA?

I work in a field dominated by women. I have been punched in the face, bit, kicked in the stomach while pregnant Etc..
My field is the 2nd most dangerous job in Washington state with only fisherman ranked higher. You were saying?
And we get paid crap.

Washington is seriously fucked up if nurse's aide is the most violent job in the state.

Have you ever worked in the field?
Some really have no clue what it is like to take care of the mentally ill.

I have worked with mentally ill, and am happy not to be doing it any more. That doesn't change the fact that there is something seriously wrong when 6 of the 10 most dangerous jobs in the country are common in Washington, and nurse's aide still ranks up that high.

Not to mention doing the really dangerous jobs that are dominated by men.

And we get paid crap.

Washington is seriously fucked up if nurse's aide is the most violent job in the state.

Not too many jobs where you get punched in the face often.
Two months ago I had a lady punch my face and grab my hair in one movement.

Read his quotes on it back then. I am starting to see a narrative from some 'conservatives' ; "If he's a 'conservative' and he agrees with us, we will give him a pass on receiving the affirmative action we so despise.". :lol:

I don't give two shits as long as they're not hired based on race. :eusa_hand:

So how do you feel about Thomas and how he benefited from AA?

Did he get inline in front of someone else with higher grades? That answer your question.:doubt:

Have you ever worked in the field?
Some really have no clue what it is like to take care of the mentally ill.

I have worked with mentally ill, and am happy not to be doing it any more. That doesn't change the fact that there is something seriously wrong when 6 of the 10 most dangerous jobs in the country are common in Washington, and nurse's aide still ranks up that high.

I think they ranked on injury.
As for violence, that is self explanatory when working with mentally ill.

And we get paid crap.

Not too many jobs where you get punched in the face often.
Two months ago I had a lady punch my face and grab my hair in one movement.
So why didn't you cold-cock her on the spot?

Affirmative action is an ugly stain on america and just as egregious.

I think that the institutional discrimination and racism that led to people taking remedial steps to correct those injustice is even more egregious.

:lol:

:lol: Hey, some people like "the good ole' days" when "the Blacks" knew their "place". Some people like to "whitewash" history and want to act like everything was "hunky dory" when "the Blacks" were being discriminated against and treat worse than second class citizens.

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Mar 2, 1987

C-SPAN

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - C-SPAN Video Library

all I could find doing a myriad of searches using key words ala eeoc 1983 etc etc ....its from 87 *shrugs* I don't see a thing here at least that speaks to the OP snippets ala the 83 speech..

interesting, if he did turn around it would have to be between 83 and this taping at least and other information has to be available as it would be astounding, even back then warranting news I would think. .... I would seriously have to see a link, to a transcript of the statements used in the OP, its the only fair way to go....*shrugs*

I think that the institutional discrimination and racism that led to people taking remedial steps to correct those injustice is even more egregious.

:lol:

:lol: Hey, some people like "the good ole' days" when "the Blacks" knew their "place". Some people like to "whitewash" history and want to act like everything was "hunky dory" when "the Blacks" were being discriminated against and treat worse than second class citizens.

Ah so who are these people....? :eusa_eh:are they here?

I answered the question, it's in bold above. I'll answer it in simple terms; Thomas has a right to voice his opinion just like the people who support or oppose him and his ideas have that same right to voice their opinions.

are you at all familiar with say, Michele Obamas ruminations on AA in this context?

I'm not sure, maybe you can give me a quote that demonstrates what you are referring to?

just say no, ok?

Who's to say that he wouldn't be on the court without it? You're saying he was picked because of the color of his skin???

Damn

They are not quotes, they are made up.

They "made them up" in 1995 so they can be used today?

They are not quotes, they are made up.

They "made them up" in 1995 so they can be used today?

My guess is they made them up to use them against him when he was nominated for the Supreme court, but then they found Anita Hill. The fact that they still can be used today because some people believe anything they read on the internet only makes it better. All you have to do to prove me wrong is find the actual speech.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back