🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Clarence Thomas and Affirmative Action

For all the liberals here clutching their pearls over Justice Thomas, can we get your reaction on this Democratic racist? We await your condemnation.

A Democratic lawmaker from Minnesota criticized Tuesday’s Supreme Court decision on the Voting Rights Act by calling Justice Clarence Thomas “Uncle Thomas,” then saying he didn’t know “Uncle Tom” was a racist epithet.

On his Twitter account Tuesday, state Rep. Ryan Winkler called the justices’ 5-4 ruling striking down a part of the law racist, and the work of “four accomplices to race discrimination and one Uncle Thomas.” Justice Thomas, who is black, was one of the five justices in the majority.

That tweet was quickly deleted, and Mr. Winkler, who is white and represents some upper middle class suburbs west-southwest of Minneapolis, offered a conditional-tense quasi-apology in subsequent tweets.

He said he “didn’t think it was offensive to suggest that Justice Thomas should be even more concerned about racial discrimination than colleagues. But if such a suggestion is offensive, I apologize.”

However Mr. Winkler, whose website says he has an undergraduate history degree from Harvard and a law degree from the University of Minnesota, seemed to dig the hole deeper in a subsequent tweet, in which he said the racism of the term “Uncle Tom” was disputed and unknown to him..........

Read more: Democratic lawmaker hits justice as 'Uncle Thomas' - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

What happened to not judging people based on color? :eusa_eh: Affirmative action is such a tool that favors that.

If we had a even playing field it would. We don't. How many hidden cameras do we need showing whites getting jobs and housing over blacks and Latinos?

We aren't there yet.

If whites are better educated then what do you expect? The black and latino communities have to work harder in the schooling of their children.

Why shouldn't a business hire the most capable?

I used to volunteer a lot at schools when my children were younger. I was always frustrated by a number of students who refused to speak proper English. I'm not talking about immigrants, but the ones who spoke ebonics. For instance, book bag was pronounced "boobay." When I met the parents, I saw where the children got it from. Many of the children came to school without doing homework and refused to participate in class. So many times, class was rudely interrupted by children who just couldn't behave. I totally blame the parents. It's almost like they make sure their children will fail by not teaching them anything that helps prepare them for school and for life. Then they are the first to complain when their children can't compete with those who were disciplined. At that point, they blame others and demand special treatment. How about letting them know that they need to get their shit together. Why lower the bar when they can make it with some effort?

It's almost like people won't bother to try harder because they know the government is ready to pick up the slack. That is the message they send. Don't knock yourself out trying to get anywhere, just sit tight and we'll do it for you. Oh, and don't forget to vote for liberals because the mean righties will suggest that you do more for yourself. Who needs pride and self-respect anyway?

It's that coddling on government's part that encourages this type of behavior and their solution is always blame the rest of the world and confiscate more of our money to fix the problem.

Any time a minority succeeds, they claim that the liberal programs work. Well, they don't or we wouldn't be discussing this. They don't credit affirmative action for Obama's success, just those on the right.

And if you're a minority, you can't opt out of affirmative action. It's applied in every case and even though many of us know darn well we don't need it, it's shoved at us anyway. And despite the fact that many of us worked hard, we may never get credit because it will be assumed by the left that we'd still be living in the ghetto if not for them. Well, some don't need and don't want your fucking affirmative action, so quit taking credit for the hard work put forth by many minorities.

Last edited:
e
Now your trying your stump speech. Heres what you said

What was your point of responding to Lakhotas statement that the struggle is not over with that? What did that have to do with Lakhotas post?

Better yet....Is the struggle over for blacks?

If you still don't understand what my point is, you never will.

Just like I thought, cant explain yourself and pretend everyone else doesn't get it. Concession noted.

thanks

No concession..

I just refuse to keep arguing a point with a person who is either an idiot or refuses to understand what I am saying.

Your choice as to what you are.

As I have said before... This isn't my first rodeo or Political Board and I know the tricks used by the Lefties to attempt to spin the truth and cause confusion.

Maybe men should spend more time on child care and household chores so we can work more.

And women in the same job working same hours still get paid less on average. If you are a white male you are still more likely to climb the ladder. But it is still the white male who bitch about affirmative action and equal pay.

Just more excuses instead of dealing with the facts... Not surprising.

Behind the numbers: Why do women earn less than men? | Fox News

"Young women in their 20s who don't have children, who are not married, are actually earning more than comparable young men," Hymowitz said.

Farrell said they're actually earning 117 percent more -- meaning women in that group earn 17 cents more on every dollar a man of the same age makes.

"Among the 10 highest paying jobs, the disparity was widest for women physicians and surgeons, who on average, make 64 cents to the dollar compared to their male counterparts."
Women in top-paying jobs still make less than men - Apr. 20, 2010

And more excuses?
You realize that there is data proving that women working full time spend more time on child care and household chores?

From your own article...

Still, she says, gender bias may not be entirely responsible for the unaccounted-for part of the gap. Women may work fewer hours than men or may not be as aggressive in negotiating salaries, said Spence.

e

If you still don't understand what my point is, you never will.

Just like I thought, cant explain yourself and pretend everyone else doesn't get it. Concession noted.

thanks

No concession..

I just refuse to keep arguing a point with a person who is either an idiot or refuses to understand what I am saying.

As I have said before... This isn't my first rodeo or Political Board and I know the tricks used by the Lefties to attempt to spin the truth and cause confusion.

That's what I said, Concession.

Is it even possible for minorities to avoid being "helped" by affirmative action? Even if one thinks it's stupid, companies are required by law to fill quotas. I think many would make it just fine on their own and we may never know because such programs are forced on us.

Are all companies required to fill those "quotas"?

thanks

No concession..

That's what I said, Concession.

You can call it what you want... Liberals usually do.

Unfortuantely for you the facts are that I have conceded nothing. I simply won't waste my time with a person who refuses to see those facts, let alone acknowledge them.

I found this article pretty interesting. What say you?

Editorials & Opinion | Clarence Thomas: Poster Boy For Affirmative Action | Seattle Times Newspaper

942917_627416220605011_98863982_n.png

:eusa_think:I found this article pretty interesting. What say you?

The decision was 7-1, why are you blaming the smartest guy?

Did you not read the article or his opinion on affirmative action?
She isn't blaming him, she is pointing out his hypocrisy.

No, she is pointing out the lies that make it look like he is a hypocrite.

There is no evidence that Thomas ever said the quotes attributed to him outside the progressive blogoshere. By the way, both of the quotes allegedly came from a single speech.

During the time he was the head of the EEOC he was routinely vilified by black leaders because he moved the agency from concentrating on class actions suits to pursuing individual cases of discrimination. He also criticized them for complaining about the destruction of the race instead of working with Reagan to alleviate teenage pregnancy, unemployment, and illiteracy.

He is also famous for consistently opposing affirmative action because he earned his place at Yale, and people thought he only got there because of his skin color.

That makes her a dupe, or a liar, just like you.

So an article from 1995 is suddenly part of the "progressive blogosphere"? :lol:
JeffCohen.org Media Beat Clarence Thomas: Affirmative Action Success Story

Who's to say that he wouldn't be on the court without it? You're saying he was picked because of the color of his skin???

Damn

Read his quotes on it back then. I am starting to see a narrative from some 'conservatives' ; "If he's a 'conservative' and he agrees with us, we will give him a pass on receiving the affirmative action we so despise.". :lol:

Is it hypocritical to admit that the programs that advanced you simply because of your skin color are wrong and need to be shut down?

HMMMMMMM?

He said it equated to slavery, is he a slave? He benefited from that 'discrimination' and 'segregation', he wasn't complaining about it then. Did you see those quotes he made that touted the benefits of Affirmative Action?

sooo, he should basically what, shut up?

Who's to say that he wouldn't be on the court without it? You're saying he was picked because of the color of his skin???

Damn

Read his quotes on it back then. I am starting to see a narrative from some 'conservatives' ; "If he's a 'conservative' and he agrees with us, we will give him a pass on receiving the affirmative action we so despise.". :lol:

your strawman is burning...:rolleyes:

Is it hypocritical to admit that the programs that advanced you simply because of your skin color are wrong and need to be shut down?

HMMMMMMM?

He said it equated to slavery, is he a slave? He benefited from that 'discrimination' and 'segregation', he wasn't complaining about it then. Did you see those quotes he made that touted the benefits of Affirmative Action?

You must be mistaking me for a republican 'conservative'. I am a Liberal and I believe in the free and open exchange of ideas and opinions.

Damn

What hypothetical "strawman" is burning? His own words? His hypocrisy on the issue? What?

You must be mistaking me for a republican 'conservative'. I am a Liberal and I believe in the free and open exchange of ideas and opinions.

is the question to tough for you? :eusa_eh:

just say so....

What hypothetical "strawman" is burning? His own words? His hypocrisy on the issue? What?

so, your 'point' is, he what;

-took advantage of it then spoke against?

-took advantage of it, said he favored it then spoke against it?

-???

and the strawman refers to "the affirmative action we so despise", maybe in your mind there is some QED here, but I don't see it....

is the question to tough for you? :eusa_eh:

just say so....

I answered the question, it's in bold above. I'll answer it in simple terms; Thomas has a right to voice his opinion just like the people who support or oppose him and his ideas have that same right to voice their opinions.

Forum List

Back