Clarence Thomas and Affirmative Action

When women represent the majority of the work force but still get paid less than men. That means the struggle is not over.
Gotta love white men complaining how unfair it is.

Blacks are much better off since the 1960s - but the struggle for equality is far from over.

Yeah...

It's not like a black man or woman has ever been President or CEO of a Company, had stars on their shoulders, had millions of fans, made millions of dollars, been elected to Governorships, State legislative bodies, Congress, or even the Presidency.

Right?

Oh shit good point, racism doesn't exist :doubt:

If I had said that you may have a point.

But since I didn't, that only leaves two options for the reason as to why you posted this.

1 - You are a liar.

2 - You can't comprehend simple English.

Yeah...

It's not like a black man or woman has ever been President or CEO of a Company, had stars on their shoulders, had millions of fans, made millions of dollars, been elected to Governorships, State legislative bodies, Congress, or even the Presidency.

Right?

But since I didn't, that only leaves two options for the reason as to why you posted this.

1 - You are a liar.

You were trying to prove the struggle for equality was over. I don't think you can comprehend how racism effects equality.

Yeah...

Right?

1 - You are a liar.

Now watch this....What WERE you saying then? lol...Check and Mate

Haven't seen so many white Democrats attacking a black man like this since 1965

Herman Cain.

And what's the problem? Should we not call him out because he is black?

I am sure the answer will be something about liberals thinking right wingers are racist for not voting for Obama.?

When women represent the majority of the work force but still get paid less than men. That means the struggle is not over.

When women work in exactly the same percentage of each job, working exactly the same number of hours each week/month/year with exactly the same amount of time away from the work place as men, then you may have a point.

But as long as women work in lesser paying jobs, wanting to work less hours each day, week, month, year, and want more time away from the work place, it is not unreasonable to expect to see that women, in general, make less than men do.

When women work in exactly the same percentage of each job, working exactly the same number of hours each week/month/year with exactly the same amount of time away from the work place as men, then you may have a point.

But as long as women work in lesser paying jobs, wanting to work less hours each day, week, month, year, and want more time away from the work place, it is not unreasonable to expect to see that women, in general, make less than men do.

Maybe men should spend more time on child care and household chores so we can work more.

And women in the same job working same hours still get paid less on average. If you are a white male you are still more likely to climb the ladder. But it is still the white male who bitch about affirmative action and equal pay.

Maybe men should spend more time on child care and household chores so we can work more.

And women in the same job working same hours still get paid less on average. If you are a white male you are still more likely to climb the ladder. But it is still the white male who bitch about affirmative action and equal pay.

Just more excuses instead of dealing with the facts... Not surprising.

Behind the numbers: Why do women earn less than men? | Fox News

"Young women in their 20s who don't have children, who are not married, are actually earning more than comparable young men," Hymowitz said.

Farrell said they're actually earning 117 percent more -- meaning women in that group earn 17 cents more on every dollar a man of the same age makes.

BTW,

I will grant that women who work for Obama do earn less than the men who do.

Women paid significantly less in Obama White House than their male counterparts | Mail Online

All of President Barack Obama's employees may not be treated equally in the White House, as recently released financial records show that female employees earn significantly less than their male counterparts.

Using the 2011 annual report of White House staff salaries that was submitted to Congress, an $11,000 difference is clear between the median female employee salary and the median male employee salary.

1 - You are a liar.

Now count how many times Shroom posted after this question and why he is ignoring it lol

1 - You are a liar.

Now count how many times Shroom posted after this question and why he is ignoring it lol

I am saying that race is not as much of a factor in a person's ability to earn a living or to become famous, become rich, to have millions of fans of all races, to achieve in their chosen professions.

Are there racists? Hell yes. There are White Racists, Black Racists, Hispanic Racists, Oriental Racists, Middle Eastern Racists, etc. Just as there are both male and females Sexists.

Being a Racist, bigot, or sexist is not dependent upon a person's skin color or gender. It is a state of mind.

If America was as racist as some of the left would have everyone believe, the NBA would be mostly White instead of Black. The NFL would be mostly White instead of Black. Oprah would never had gotten wealthy and famous. Obama would not have been elected President. Alan West would never have been an Officer in the Military.

Everyone is basically given the same basic chances to succeed. It's how they have taken advantage of those chances and the choices they made in their lives that have a greater affect and effect on the outcome of their lives than another person's racist or sexist mindset.

I am saying that race is not as much of a factor in a person's ability to earn a living or to become famous, become rich, to have millions of fans of all races, to achieve in their chosen professions.

Are there racists? Hell yes. There are White Racists, Black Racists, Hispanic Racists, Oriental Racists, Middle Eastern Racists, etc. Just as there are both male and females Sexists.

Being a Racist, bigot, or sexist is not dependent upon a person's skin color or gender. It is a state of mind.

If America was as racist as some of the left would have everyone believe, the NBA would be mostly White instead of Black. The NFL would be mostly White instead of Black. Oprah would never had gotten wealthy and famous. Obama would not have been elected President. Alan West would never have been an Officer in the Military.

Everyone is basically given the same basic chances to succeed. It's how they have taken advantage of those chances and the choices they made in their lives that have a greater affect and effect on the outcome of their lives than another person's racist or sexist mindset.

Now your trying your stump speech. Heres what you said

Blacks are much better off since the 1960s - but the struggle for equality is far from over.

Yeah...

Right?

What was your point of responding to Lakhotas statement that the struggle is not over with that? What did that have to do with Lakhotas post?

Better yet....Is the struggle over for blacks?

"Young women in their 20s who don't have children, who are not married, are actually earning more than comparable young men," Hymowitz said.

Farrell said they're actually earning 117 percent more -- meaning women in that group earn 17 cents more on every dollar a man of the same age makes.

"Among the 10 highest paying jobs, the disparity was widest for women physicians and surgeons, who on average, make 64 cents to the dollar compared to their male counterparts."
http://money.cnn.com/2010/04/20/news/economy/highest_paying_jobs_for_women/

And more excuses?
You realize that there is data proving that women working full time spend more time on child care and household chores?

e

Yeah...

Right?

What was your point of responding to Lakhotas statement that the struggle is not over with that? What did that have to do with Lakhotas post?

If you still don't understand what my point is, you never will.

e

If you still don't understand what my point is, you never will.

Just like I thought, cant explain yourself and pretend everyone else doesn't get it. Concession noted.

thanks

First off where is the data to back up the claims made in the article?

And all your other statement proves is younger women work more than their male counterparts. Notice the way it is worded? It has nothing to do with salary or hourly wage.
Of course I earn more than my child's father, I work he doesn't.

Haven't seen so many white Democrats attacking a black man like this since 1965

Herman Cain.

And what's the problem? Should we not call him out because he is black?

I am sure the answer will be something about liberals thinking right wingers are racist for not voting for Obama.?

I'm personally glad to learn that you realize you live under a double standard.

Until such time that this country evolves beyond racial quotas and affirmative action, true integration will never occur, the reliance and claim of racism as an excuse will continue to remain a divisive crutch. One must be judged based on accomplishments and character not ethnicity. When a student is admitted to a University or into a program with marginal credentials over one with outstanding credentials, solely based on quotas, in the name of affirmative action, it results in reverse discrimination and detriment to the advancement of society. The fact that we now have application forms that denote ethnic origin is racism, like it or not. Has not the time come to move forward?

Forum List

Back