🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Clarence Thomas and Affirmative Action

I found this article pretty interesting. What say you?

Editorials & Opinion | Clarence Thomas: Poster Boy For Affirmative Action | Seattle Times Newspaper

942917_627416220605011_98863982_n.png

The decision was 7-1, why are you blaming the smartest guy?

Now watch this....What WERE you saying then? lol...Check and Mate

Now count how many times Shroom posted after this question and why he is ignoring it lol

I am saying that race is not as much of a factor in a person's ability to earn a living or to become famous, become rich, to have millions of fans of all races, to achieve in their chosen professions.

Are there racists? Hell yes. There are White Racists, Black Racists, Hispanic Racists, Oriental Racists, Middle Eastern Racists, etc. Just as there are both male and females Sexists.

Being a Racist, bigot, or sexist is not dependent upon a person's skin color or gender. It is a state of mind.

If America was as racist as some of the left would have everyone believe, the NBA would be mostly White instead of Black. The NFL would be mostly White instead of Black. Oprah would never had gotten wealthy and famous. Obama would not have been elected President. Alan West would never have been an Officer in the Military.

Everyone is basically given the same basic chances to succeed. It's how they have taken advantage of those chances and the choices they made in their lives that have a greater affect and effect on the outcome of their lives than another person's racist or sexist mindset.

Black were banned from the NBA at one time. Don't you think that a sort of 'affirmative action' played a role in integrating different sports and the military?

Until such time that this country evolves beyond racial quotas and affirmative action, true integration will never occur, the reliance and claim of racism as an excuse will continue to remain a divisive crutch. One must be judged based on accomplishments and character not ethnicity. When a student is admitted to a University or into a program with marginal credentials over one with outstanding credentials, solely based on quotas, in the name of affirmative action, it results in reverse discrimination and detriment to the advancement of society. The fact that we now have application forms that denote ethnic origin is racism, like it or not. Has not the time come to move forward?

What percentage of hiring do you think is 'Affirmative Action' based? Why is it such a threat when many 'conservatives' claim that "the Blacks" are allegedly unemployed and on a 'democrat plantation' and dependent on government?

The only "Affirmative Action" programs Thomas ever experienced, were when Yale sent more recruiters than usual to his area, because there were a lot of black students there.

Once some of them applied to Yale, though, they got judged strictly on the merits. Race and color were not used at all in the deciding criteria (unlike what Univ. of Texas and Univ. of Michigan do today).

Desperate leftist fanatics will try to pretend Thomas got an unfair boost in getting into Yale, and getting through his classes, even though he got nothing of the kind. The only "boost" he ever got, was more recruiters knocking on his door while he was still in high school. That ceased as soon as he mailed his application.

But it doesn't suit the liberal racists' agenda to admit that, so they lie about it instead, as shown by this thread.

Last edited:
Now count how many times Shroom posted after this question and why he is ignoring it lol

I am saying that race is not as much of a factor in a person's ability to earn a living or to become famous, become rich, to have millions of fans of all races, to achieve in their chosen professions.

Are there racists? Hell yes. There are White Racists, Black Racists, Hispanic Racists, Oriental Racists, Middle Eastern Racists, etc. Just as there are both male and females Sexists.

Being a Racist, bigot, or sexist is not dependent upon a person's skin color or gender. It is a state of mind.

If America was as racist as some of the left would have everyone believe, the NBA would be mostly White instead of Black. The NFL would be mostly White instead of Black. Oprah would never had gotten wealthy and famous. Obama would not have been elected President. Alan West would never have been an Officer in the Military.

Everyone is basically given the same basic chances to succeed. It's how they have taken advantage of those chances and the choices they made in their lives that have a greater affect and effect on the outcome of their lives than another person's racist or sexist mindset.

Black were banned from the NBA at one time. Don't you think that a sort of 'affirmative action' played a role in integrating different sports and the military?

Do I think affirmative action trumped getting the best players into the NBA, MB, NFL, and all the other sports leagues?

Seriously?

I'm not actually 'blaming' him, I just ran across that picture and thought that it would make an interesting discussion. I do find it funny that on one hand he was praising it's virtues when he was benefiting from it and then turns around and says those negative things about it. It helped him get where he is today.

Do I think that there is still a need for 'Affirmative Action'? I (surprisingly to some of you folks) don't think that there is a need for racial hiring quotas and other similar quotas for the most part. I say "for the most part" because maybe someone can come up with a valid argument that may make me change my mind a little. I think a LOT of people , for various reasons, tend to over dramatize that 'evil' Affirmative Action.

The only "Affirmative Action" programs Thomas ever experienced, were when Yale sent more recruiters than usual to his area, because there were a lot of black students there.

Once some of them applied to Yale, though, they got judged strictly on the merits. Race and color were not used at all in the deciding criteria (unlike what Univ. of Texas and Univ. of Michigan do today).

Desperate leftist fanatics will try to pretend Thomas got an unfair boost in getting into Yale, and getting through his classes, even though he got nothing of the kind. The only "boost" he ever got, was more recruiters knocking on his door while he was still in high school. That ceased as soon as he mailed his application.

But it doesn't suit the liberal racists' agenda to admit that, so they lie about it instead, as shown by this thread.

If this is true why did Thomas say AA was critical and said he wouldn't know where he would be without it?

How did he afford the tuition? Do you have a source to back up your claims?

For starters maybe you should speak to college admissions directors. Then check the ethnicity and of those incoming students receiving academic scholarships.

Did you not read the article or his opinion on affirmative action?
She isn't blaming him, she is pointing out his hypocrisy.

No, she is pointing out the lies that make it look like he is a hypocrite.

There is no evidence that Thomas ever said the quotes attributed to him outside the progressive blogoshere. By the way, both of the quotes allegedly came from a single speech.

During the time he was the head of the EEOC he was routinely vilified by black leaders because he moved the agency from concentrating on class actions suits to pursuing individual cases of discrimination. He also criticized them for complaining about the destruction of the race instead of working with Reagan to alleviate teenage pregnancy, unemployment, and illiteracy.

He is also famous for consistently opposing affirmative action because he earned his place at Yale, and people thought he only got there because of his skin color.

That makes her a dupe, or a liar, just like you.

I'm not actually 'blaming' him, I just ran across that picture and thought that it would make an interesting discussion. I do find it funny that on one hand he was praising it's virtues when he was benefiting from it and then turns around and says those negative things about it. It helped him get where he is today.

Do I think that there is still a need for 'Affirmative Action'? I (surprisingly to some of you folks) don't think that there is a need for racial hiring quotas and other similar quotas for the most part. I say "for the most part" because maybe someone can come up with a valid argument that may make me change my mind a little. I think a LOT of people , for various reasons, tend to over dramatize that 'evil' Affirmative Action.

The picture is a lie, he never said anything positive about it. Unless you can prove he only got into Holy Cross because he is black, which you cannot, you cannot claim he benefited from it either, which makes all the things he says about it now all the more poignant because, even today, people think he only got there because of his skin color.

And most of them are the liberals that supposedly are not racists.

The picture is a lie, he never said anything positive about it. Unless you can prove he only got into Holy Cross because he is black, which you cannot, you cannot claim he benefited from it either, which makes all the things he says about it now all the more poignant because, even today, people think he only got there because of his skin color.

And most of them are the liberals that supposedly are not racists.

"Prove the Unprovable" he squeals in delight

What happened to not judging people based on color? :eusa_eh: Affirmative action is such a tool that favors that.

If we had a even playing field it would. We don't. How many hidden cameras do we need showing whites getting jobs and housing over blacks and Latinos?

We aren't there yet.

If whites are better educated then what do you expect? The black and latino communities have to work harder in the schooling of their children.

Why shouldn't a business hire the most capable?

Is it even possible for minorities to avoid being "helped" by affirmative action? Even if one thinks it's stupid, companies are required by law to fill quotas. I think many would make it just fine on their own and we may never know because such programs are forced on us.

Forum List

Back