Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.

We lied. Many people including American soldiers were maimed and killed. Meh, I guess, collateral damage. And for what?
I remember listening to NPR on the way to work, shaking my head, and wondering why are we attacking Iraq when the terrorist in Afghanistan were the ones who attacked us on 9/11. The WMD was a joke. Bush and his like were determined to see regime change in Iraq.

I remember reading on another message board, "Even if they have WMD, how are they going to deliver them to the US...on an ox cart?"

Colin Powell was a man of integrity, but due to the lies he was fed, he went to the UN and defended the falsehood.

I have to think this will get interesting. Thomas has taken a ton of trips paid for by a billionaire campaign donor.

On the surface this appears to be in violations of federal law when he reported none of them.

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.....................................

.....................These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures. His failure to report the flights appears to violate a law passed after Watergate that requires justices, judges, members of Congress and federal officials to disclose most gifts, two ethics law experts said. He also should have disclosed his trips on the yacht, these experts said.

Clarence Thomas Secretly Accepted Luxury Trips From Major GOP Donor

A bought and paid for Supreme Court judge. That's the very definition of a banana republic.
What cases has this billionaire businessman ever had heard by the court? None. There’s no bribery here.

This man and Thomas have been close friends for many years.

It's funny that the Trumptards whine about Hunter Biden while their tribe takes literally billions in bribes

LOL

How can any interaction between Mr. Crow and Justice Thomas be construed as a "bribe"? Mr. Crow has never had a case before the Supreme Court.

The fact that Crow is a wealthy fellow who treats his friends well is his business, not yours.

www.axios.com › 2023/04/13 › thomas-property-salesThomas didn’t disclose he sold property to Republican ...

11 hours ago · Justice Clarence Thomas allegedly sold properties in Savannah, Georgia, to Texas billionaire and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow in 2014 and did not report the transactions in

A company owned by Crow purchased multiple properties in Savannah owned by Thomas and his family members, according to state tax documents and a deed filed at the Chatham County courthouse in October 2014.

• That year, Thomas did not reveal the transactions in financial disclosure forms and potentially violated a post-Watergate federal law that requires justices and other officials to disclose most real estate sales over $1,000.
  • One of the properties Crow purchased was the home of Thomas’ mother, where the justice spent some of his childhood. Thomas' mother still lives in the home, neighbors told ProPublica, but thousands of dollars worth of improvements were made to the residence after Crow bought it.
  • Crow bought the properties through a Texas company, Savannah Historic Developments LLC, which shares a Dallas address with Crow Holdings, the multi-billion dollar real estate investment and development firm founded by Crow's father.

Forum List

Back