Clearing up a misconception atheists have about practicing Christians

Just look at how these Bible thumpers deny global warming, evolution, wearing masks, taking the vaccine.
Keep in mind that many who are "denying global warming" are merely denying that the government can fix it. Meanwhile government is rubbing their hands in delight over another reason to raise taxes and control people. Note how well the government did with the War on Drugs, the War on Poverty, etc. The last thing we need is for the government to star their War on Climate. The cynic in me notes the government is merely saying, "Want more of your money."

Wearing masks: Put masks and virus under a microscope. The weave on masks is much larger than that itty-bitty virus. Or do your own experiment and blow smoke through. People who wish to wear mask absolutely should. Government should not force the issue. Taking the vaccine: I saw a statistic stating one in four will not take the vaccine. My family fits that statistic. My husband and two daughters will (one already has). I will not. That is merely because I react badly to even over-the-counter medications. Went through two natural child-births. When I had my appendix out, took me a full month to recover from being knocked out. (Can't drink, either. :) )

Just saying we shouldn't put everyone in the same box. I have my reasons for opting for no mask, no vaccine. That doesn't mean I think everyone has the same reasons I have. We are not cookie stamps of each other, and it should not bother people when another type of cookie opts for something different than we did.
Notice for how many years you guys denied global warming was real? Now you’re saying you actually knew it was real and your real argument is there’s nothing we can do about it?

I was waiting for the day republicans stopped denying it. Trump denied it. Glad to see you’re giving up your lie for a different argument.

Oh, and isn’t lying wrong?
Very few people deny the climate is changing.

But your side simply hasn't proven man's actions have anything to do with it.

But you take it on faith because you were told to.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but many atheists believe that “religious” people foolishly follow a book of rules, for baseless reasons. For example, because they were raised into a particular religion, or out of fear, or because they were duped into it.

In other words, they believe it’s foolish to live your life following "rules from a book" that was written thousands of years ago, by men. Some atheists also say that Christianity or other religions are simply about controlling people.

Here’s what I believe that atheists and agnostics simply don’t get.

I can't speak for all Christians, but for myself and the Christians that I know, we choose to follow Jesus not because we were raised in a Christian home (I wasn’t) or because we were duped into it (nobody tells me what to think, I have always been an independent thinker) or for other shallow, baseless reasons like that.

When it comes to either being our own boss, or living by God's ways…. the reason that born again Christians choose the latter is because we have been on both sides, and we have seen through life experience that living by God's ways is simply BETTER, wiser, and it WORKS, in a practical sense. There are other reasons as well, but this particular reason is what I wanted to focus on for this thread.

So to sum that up…. Between following the world’s ways or following God’s ways, for some of us we have learned through experience (sometimes the hard way) that the latter is absolutely BETTER and it leads to good things as opposed to bad things. It simply WORKS, even though it can be hard at times, in this fallen world.

I hope I explained that clearly. If it didn’t make sense, please let me know and feel free to share your thoughts!
You nailed it when you pointed out that we have seen both sides. We were all born as little commie atheists, and those of us who are Christians were taught and learned what we believe. The reason why we know what commie atheists think is because that's what we once were. They cannot conceive what WE think, since they have never been Christians. When a commie atheist looks up, all he sees are the moon and stars. When we look up, we see the same moon and stars that they do, but we can also look into the heavens.
I've been on both sides of the faith fence. I was raised indifferently Baptist; my parents never offered to take us to church, but never discouraged us if we wanted to. I was baptized, but I never felt like it took. Eventually, in high school, I decided I was an atheist. I got along well with Christians, including my then-girlfriend, now my wife. I'd go to church with her, and I enjoyed the singing. But I had no faith in God.

That lasted about 10 years, until my wife led me to Christ. And I'm so thankful she never gave up on me. My life is so much better with God in it.

Generally speaking, atheists don't want their misconceptions about Christians corrected.
Atheists have their own dogma which they follow religiously.
It’s called common sense, logic, reason.
Odd. You believe all these people lack logic and reason?

See, this is one of those misconceptions atheists in general and you in particular hold: That Christians are not as smart as atheists, that faith and science are incompatible.

That is simply incorrect.
I see I with my theistic friend. They have cognitive dissonance when it comes to logic and their faith.
"I see I with".

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

But the only cognitive dissonance here is yours. You can't reconcile the reality of Christians who have accomplished amazing things in science with your belief that Christians are simply not smart enough.

Your NUH UH is simply not a credible argument.
Just look at how these Bible thumpers deny global warming, evolution, wearing masks, taking the vaccine.

Our society is smart despite religion. Most religious scientists leave god outside the lab.

Do you know it was arabs who gave us a lot of math and science? That was before Islam took over. Since Islam they haven’t come up with shit.

Christianity used to argue with science that the earth was the center of the universe and everything else was revolving around us.
Ok, so you guys arent that stupid anymore but you’re still pretty stupid.

I notice in religion you believe things without proof. Like Jesus rose from the dead. So I’m not surprised 75% of you believe the election was stolen. Why do you believe? Because your messiah trump told you. This is why republicans prey on religious people. Suckers.
So many misconceptions. I was right -- you don't want them corrected. You bitterly cling to your hatred.
Oh I don’t hate come on. Another misconception

Keep in mind that many who are "denying global warming" are merely denying that the government can fix it. Meanwhile government is rubbing their hands in delight over another reason to raise taxes and control people. Note how well the government did with the War on Drugs, the War on Poverty, etc. The last thing we need is for the government to star their War on Climate. The cynic in me notes the government is merely saying, "Want more of your money."

Wearing masks: Put masks and virus under a microscope. The weave on masks is much larger than that itty-bitty virus. Or do your own experiment and blow smoke through. People who wish to wear mask absolutely should. Government should not force the issue. Taking the vaccine: I saw a statistic stating one in four will not take the vaccine. My family fits that statistic. My husband and two daughters will (one already has). I will not. That is merely because I react badly to even over-the-counter medications. Went through two natural child-births. When I had my appendix out, took me a full month to recover from being knocked out. (Can't drink, either. :) )

Just saying we shouldn't put everyone in the same box. I have my reasons for opting for no mask, no vaccine. That doesn't mean I think everyone has the same reasons I have. We are not cookie stamps of each other, and it should not bother people when another type of cookie opts for something different than we did.
Notice for how many years you guys denied global warming was real? Now you’re saying you actually knew it was real and your real argument is there’s nothing we can do about it?

I was waiting for the day republicans stopped denying it. Trump denied it. Glad to see you’re giving up your lie for a different argument.

Scientific community isn’t lying to you

Correct me if I’m wrong, but many atheists believe that “religious” people foolishly follow a book of rules, for baseless reasons. For example, because they were raised into a particular religion, or out of fear, or because they were duped into it.

In other words, they believe it’s foolish to live your life following "rules from a book" that was written thousands of years ago, by men. Some atheists also say that Christianity or other religions are simply about controlling people.

I can't speak for all Christians, but for myself and the Christians that I know, we choose to follow Jesus not because we were raised in a Christian home (I wasn’t) or because we were duped into it (nobody tells me what to think, I have always been an independent thinker) or for other shallow, baseless reasons like that.

When it comes to either being our own boss, or living by God's ways…. the reason that born again Christians choose the latter is because we have been on both sides, and we have seen through life experience that living by God's ways is simply BETTER, wiser, and it WORKS, in a practical sense. There are other reasons as well, but this particular reason is what I wanted to focus on for this thread.

So to sum that up…. Between following the world’s ways or following God’s ways, for some of us we have learned through experience (sometimes the hard way) that the latter is absolutely BETTER and it leads to good things as opposed to bad things. It simply WORKS, even though it can be hard at times, in this fallen world.

I hope I explained that clearly. If it didn’t make sense, please let me know and feel free to share your thoughts!
You nailed it when you pointed out that we have seen both sides. We were all born as little commie atheists, and those of us who are Christians were taught and learned what we believe. The reason why we know what commie atheists think is because that's what we once were. They cannot conceive what WE think, since they have never been Christians. When a commie atheist looks up, all he sees are the moon and stars. When we look up, we see the same moon and stars that they do, but we can also look into the heavens.
I've been on both sides of the faith fence. I was raised indifferently Baptist; my parents never offered to take us to church, but never discouraged us if we wanted to. I was baptized, but I never felt like it took. Eventually, in high school, I decided I was an atheist. I got along well with Christians, including my then-girlfriend, now my wife. I'd go to church with her, and I enjoyed the singing. But I had no faith in God.

That lasted about 10 years, until my wife led me to Christ. And I'm so thankful she never gave up on me. My life is so much better with God in it.
One doesn't actually need to have faith to be a Christian. There are many folks who don't believe in anything, yet judeo Christian values are a part of them. These values get passed along via family and church, regardless of one's private beliefs.

Generally speaking, atheists don't want their misconceptions about Christians corrected.

See, this is one of those misconceptions atheists in general and you in particular hold: That Christians are not as smart as atheists, that faith and science are incompatible.

Most Christians are pro choice or have had abortions Themselves. A lot of Christians aren’t “real” Christians. But you’ll take them. You’re just glad they say they believe the Jesus story. All the other stories are allegories but Mary really was a virgin.
Everyone is a sinner. Me, you, gays, straights, Christians, Jews, atheists, agnostics. Everybody. And everyone's sins are between them and God. I think the world would be a lot better place if everyone at least tried to sin less, but humans are...human. We make mistakes, and we choose to do wrong.

I don't claim anyone is not a "real" Christian. That's way above my pay grade.

You seem to have a lot of bitterness and rage towards Christians. Why?
Everyone is a sinner.
the cornerstone of christianity and who are not, sinners - they persecute and victimize even if only by thought of such being true is enough to compel them over the centuries to extract their displeasure through cruelty against them as the 1st century religious itinerant they claim then otherwise not to have understood.
Everyone is a sinner. I don't know what's so hard to accept about that simple statement.
Everyone is a sinner. I don't know what's so hard to accept about that simple statement.
- because you have resigned yourself to perish when your physiology expires.
You may have. I have not. I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.
the cornerstone of christianity and who are not, sinners - they persecute and victimize even if only by thought of such being true is enough to compel them over the centuries to extract their displeasure through cruelty against them
no sinner, those you persecute will ... but not you.

good luck to get a second chance - after renouncing your book of forgeries and fallacies.

you have to be kidding ...
1613153669024.png

sure, nature is just a disposable commodity for christians ...

View attachment 456296
And they don’t believe religion is making them stupid. Tons of evidence for man made global warming, they don’t see any of it. No evidence for Jesus, not a problem. In fact they’ve seen evidence for Jesus when there was none. Hint. It’s all in their heads.

But they still need more evidence for man made global warming. The jury’s out on that but Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead? Totally believable.

You're wrong (buttercup)....
I'm an atheist and I and many others see religion as a social club-------everyone needs something to believe in and wants to feel like they belong. The religion one chooses is usually the one that they were born into as they imprinted on as a child. It's hard to convince people who weren't brainwashed as kids that there are talking snakes and eating a magical knowledge fruit is somehow evil while a vicious punishing vindictive god is somehow good when he smites people all over the place.

Atheism is its own Arrogant Condescending Club. Atheist High Priest Richard Dawkins calls himself and his sheep "brights" and insists that all of you are so very smart, so scientific, so *rational* and *logical* that you must SURELY be *right*. This is the Fallacy of the Argument From Authority. You atheists call yourselves authorities on everything and so you claim to be *right* about everything.

Your premise is incorrect and your conclusion is incorrect.

If atheism is so brilliant, so logical, so rational, then why do atheists abandon their religion more frequently than any other group?

US religious retention rates.jpg

LMAO :laughing0301: .

It's the atheist scientific community. Sure, they are and you aren't the most trustworthy poster. Your posts are mostly ad hominem attacks against the believers and creation science.

And they don’t believe religion is making them stupid. Tons of evidence for man made global warming, they don’t see any of it. No evidence for Jesus, not a problem. In fact they’ve seen evidence for Jesus when there was none. Hint. It’s all in their heads.

This is what I mean. There are not tons of evidence for "man made" global warming. I don't think anyone denies the climate changes. OTOH, the YEC believers and creation scientists have presented plenty of evidence for God such as God as creator of the big bang and spacetime before it. We also presented what the Bible says and its history. History proves Jesus.

As for the rest, it's all in your head and the atheist scientists. Who cares if they end up in the bad place? They turned against the Bible.

Last edited:
And they don’t believe religion is making them stupid.....

No evidence for Jesus, not a problem.....
Global warming is going to make me the best possible version of myself it is possible to be.
Evidence that the world is round is going to make me the best possible version of myself it is possible to be.
Because there is evidence of both I can now live a most fulfilling life. All because of the evidence of global warming, of plate tectonics, etc.

Oh, and if there were physical evidence of Jesus walking on water or changing water into wine, my life would be instantly better. Those two events are going to make me the best possible version of myself it is possible to be.

People of faith are not looking for evidence, we are listening to teachings to guide us through our own personal journeys. Put God first. Love others as you love yourself. You are the salt of the earth. Your sins are forgiven. Blessed are periods of mourning. Blessed are those who bring peace to those around them. Forgive as you wish to be forgiven. And a plenitude more.

Can you honestly say, "I am the best person I can possibly be due to the fact I see evidence for man-made climate change." That's all it took for me to become the great person I am today.

lol scientists will take money to say anything about anything, from toothpaste to climate change. They lie a lot more than they tell the truth. Some estimates are than in universities alone some 35% minimum of doctoral theses use faked data in their 'science'.

It is especially bad in fields that attract mentally ill sociopaths and sexual deviants, like 'Psychology' and Psychiatry.

Last edited:

It's the atheist scientific community. Sure, they are and you aren't the most trustworthy poster. Your posts are mostly ad hominem attacks against the believers and creation science.

This is what I mean. There are not tons of evidence for "man made" global warming. I don't think anyone denies the climate changes. OTOH, the YEC believers and creation scientists have presented plenty of evidence for God such as God as creator of the big bang and spacetime before it. We also presented what the Bible says and its history. History proves Jesus.

As for the rest, it's all in your head and the atheist scientists. Who cares if they end up in the bad place? They turned against the Bible.
what would be their motive if they never read the bible - irregardless of knowing its history of persecution and victimization of the innocent for not reading it.

what would be their motive if they never read the bible - irregardless of knowing its history of persecution and victimization of the innocent for not reading it.

You take things I said out of context, so you are lying by omission.

It is a scientific and religious battle over creation by the Christian God vs evolution between the creation scientists and atheist scientists. I can't help it if you side with the atheist ones. Why you argue against Jesus as the Messiah and the Bible is just plain wrong.

As for those who won't, haven't read the Bible, or go against Jesus, it is their choice not to by free will. It means they will go into the Lake of Fire and lose their perfect spiritual selves according to the Bible. It is what it is.

due to the fact I see evidence for man-made climate change.

Usually, we agree more than disagree, but there is no evidence for man-made climate change. While the Earth is considered a closed system and entropy usually increases, there is heat inducted into the Earth's system from the sun as well as being radiated out. We have various times of Earth heating as well as cooling with this ebb and flow of heat between Earth and space.

I see I with my theistic friend. They have cognitive dissonance when it comes to logic and their faith.
"I see I with".

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

But the only cognitive dissonance here is yours. You can't reconcile the reality of Christians who have accomplished amazing things in science with your belief that Christians are simply not smart enough.

Your NUH UH is simply not a credible argument.

Our society is smart despite religion. Most religious scientists leave god outside the lab.

Do you know it was arabs who gave us a lot of math and science? That was before Islam took over. Since Islam they haven’t come up with shit.

Christianity used to argue with science that the earth was the center of the universe and everything else was revolving around us.
Ok, so you guys arent that stupid anymore but you’re still pretty stupid.

I notice in religion you believe things without proof. Like Jesus rose from the dead. So I’m not surprised 75% of you believe the election was stolen. Why do you believe? Because your messiah trump told you. This is why republicans prey on religious people. Suckers.
So many misconceptions. I was right -- you don't want them corrected. You bitterly cling to your hatred.
Oh I don’t hate come on. Another misconception
Yeah, that's not credible.

I wonder why all the "solutions" to this "problem" turn out to be world socialism?

One doesn't actually need to have faith to be a Christian. There are many folks who don't believe in anything, yet judeo Christian values are a part of them. These values get passed along via family and church, regardless of one's private beliefs.
Faith in God and His Son is a prerequisite to Christianity. That's why it's called that.

Most Christians are pro choice or have had abortions Themselves. A lot of Christians aren’t “real” Christians. But you’ll take them. You’re just glad they say they believe the Jesus story. All the other stories are allegories but Mary really was a virgin.
Everyone is a sinner. Me, you, gays, straights, Christians, Jews, atheists, agnostics. Everybody. And everyone's sins are between them and God. I think the world would be a lot better place if everyone at least tried to sin less, but humans are...human. We make mistakes, and we choose to do wrong.

I don't claim anyone is not a "real" Christian. That's way above my pay grade.

You seem to have a lot of bitterness and rage towards Christians. Why?
Everyone is a sinner.
the cornerstone of christianity and who are not, sinners - they persecute and victimize even if only by thought of such being true is enough to compel them over the centuries to extract their displeasure through cruelty against them as the 1st century religious itinerant they claim then otherwise not to have understood.
the cornerstone of christianity and who are not, sinners - they persecute and victimize even if only by thought of such being true is enough to compel them over the centuries to extract their displeasure through cruelty against them
no sinner, those you persecute will ... but not you.

good luck to get a second chance - after renouncing your book of forgeries and fallacies.
I don't persecute anybody.

And you don't get to dictate what I believe.

Kinda sounds like you want to persecute Christians.

View attachment 456296
Anyone with any familiarity with the scientific method knows how climate "science" has been bastardized to support a predetermined conclusion.

Forum List

Back