Clearly, the GOP on this board has no idea what the IRS law says. Let me help.

Rdumb, getting schooled in his own thread by being dishonest.

You would think these guys would smarten up.

Rdumb, getting schooled in his own thread by being dishonest.

You would think these guys would smarten up.
They're caught in their own lies and won't admit to it so they have to really sweeten the pot and invent some new ones. They've painted themselves into a corner...no where to go but further down.

Feb 2017 In a coordinated attack, armed IRS agents today stormed the headquarters of Mediamatters, dailykos, tides foundation and the Soros group and all not for profits with progressive in their title arresting approximately 8000 and seizing billions in illegal assets. Attorney general David Koch said he was surprised to hear about this and would look into it

Sent from my Chinese Supercomputer made from XBox parts Bush sent to China

Last edited:
Well, did you all get that?

Now we need to start bowing to GOVERNMENT, for they are our RULERS evidently

and rdean and a few others on this board are their USEFUL TOOL to remind us

Feb 2017 In a coordinated attack, armed IRS agents today stormed the headquarters of Mediamatters, dailykos, tides foundation and the Soros group and all not for profits with progressive in their title arresting approximately 8000 and seizing billions in illegal assets. Attorney general David Koch said he was surprised to hear about this and would look into it

FCC Chairman Rupert Murdoch has determined that the above story is not "Newsworthy" so it is being retracted.

The ones that don't know the law are working for the IRS. They admitted as much saying they were just simply confused about the rules.

So perhaps this training needs to go to them Libs.

While your at it, please try to explain the Oath of Office to Obama as he doesn't seem to understand the meaning of the Constitution. Of course neither do you guys as well.

Seriously do you believe the propaganda you post or are like any of the far left posters that is not above the mentality of a two year old and want someone to prove you wrong?

How can you call the actual law posted directly from the IRS website "propaganda"?

Oh, that's right. Because it's actually part of this reality.

Just like you claiming the Republicans controlled the Senate 2001 to 2002. Like that?

Actually I said Democrats didn't control the Senate. when the body is split 50/50 and the Vice President is Cheney, it doesn't seem like very good control.

Besides, Republicans used "reconciliation" THREE times. Can you tell us for what? Did those policies create the deficit? Come on, you're making this way too easy.

Well you got that part right.

Air Force Unveils Fastest Defense Supercomputer, Made of 1,760 PlayStation 3s | Popular Science

I read the rules for C 4 and they can do political activities so long as they are predominately non profit for the good of the community. Further if a group is found to be unable to be C 4 they can be 527.

4.76.13.2 (03-01-2003)
Background Information

IRC section 501(c)(4) provides for exemption of two very different types of organizations with their own distinct qualification requirements. They are:

"Social welfare organizations" -- Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare

Promotion of social welfare does not include any of the following per Treas. Reg. section 1.501(c)(4)-1(a)(2)(ii):

Direct or indirect participation or intervention in a political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office

Internal Revenue Manual - 4.76.13 Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations, and Local Association of Employees - IRC 501(c)(4)

----------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm slow here. Explain to me what these mean in "regular English".

I read the rules for C 4 and they can do political activities so long as they are predominately non profit for the good of the community. Further if a group is found to be unable to be C 4 they can be 527.

4.76.13.2 (03-01-2003)
Background Information

IRC section 501(c)(4) provides for exemption of two very different types of organizations with their own distinct qualification requirements. They are:

"Social welfare organizations" -- Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare

Promotion of social welfare does not include any of the following per Treas. Reg. section 1.501(c)(4)-1(a)(2)(ii):

Direct or indirect participation or intervention in a political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office

Internal Revenue Manual - 4.76.13 Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations, and Local Association of Employees - IRC 501(c)(4)

----------------------------------------------------------

I guess I'm slow here. Explain to me what these mean in "regular English".

You can quote that all you want it does NOT apply.

FCC Chairman Rupert Murdoch has determined that the above story is not "Newsworthy" so it is being retracted.
:badgrin:

Once again the far left continues to post about things they do not understand, but continue pushing the far left propaganda.

501(c)(4) — Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations, and Local Associations of Employees

501(c)(4) organizations are generally civic leagues and other corporations operated exclusively for the promotion of "social welfare", such as civics and civics issues, or local associations of employees with membership limited to a designated company or people in a particular municipality or neighborhood, and with net earnings devoted exclusively to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.[41] An organization is operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare if it is primarily engaged in promoting the common good and general welfare of the people of the community.[37][42]

501(c)(4) organizations may inform the public on controversial subjects and attempt to influence legislation relevant to its program[43] and, unlike 501(c)(3) organizations, they may also participate in political campaigns and elections, as long as their primary activity is the promotion of social welfare.[44] The tax exemption for 501(c)(4) organizations applies to most of their operations, but contributions may be subject to gift tax, and income spent on political activities – generally the advocacy of a particular candidate in an election – is taxable.[45] An "action" organization generally qualifies as a 501(c)(4) organization.[46] An "action" organization is one whose activities substantially include, or are exclusively,[47] direct lobbying or grass roots lobbying related to advocacy for or against legislation or proposing, supporting, or opposing legislation that is related to its purpose.[48] A 501(c)(4) organization may directly or indirectly support or oppose a candidate for public office as long as such activities are not a substantial amount of its activities.[37][49]

Contributions to 501(c)(4) organizations are usually not deductible as charitable contributions for U.S. federal income tax, with a few exceptions.[50] Dues or contributions to 501(c)(4) organizations may be deductible as a business expense under IRC 162, although amounts paid for intervention or participation in any political campaign, direct lobbying, grass roots lobbying, and contact with certain federal officials are not deductible.[51] If a 501(c)(4) engages in a substantial amount of these activities, then only the amount of dues or contributions that can be attributed to other activities may be deductible as a business expense.[52] The organization should provide a notice to its members containing a reasonable estimate of the amount related to lobbying and political campaign expenditures, or else the organization is subject to a proxy tax on its lobbying and political campaign expenditures.[51] The organization should also provide an express statement that contributions to the organization are not deductible as charitable contributions during fundraising solicitations.[51]

501(c)(4) organizations are not required to disclose their donors publicly.[53] The lack of disclosure has led to extensive use of the 501(c)(4) provisions for organizations that are actively involved in lobbying, and has become controversial.[54][55] Criticized as "dark money", spending from these organizations on political TV ads has exceeded spending from Super PACs.[56][57]

The origins of 501(c)(4) organizations date back to the Revenue Act of 1913, which created a new group of tax-exempt organizations dedicated to social welfare in a precursor to what is now Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(4).[58]

501(c) organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another far left thread fail.

Direct or indirect participation or intervention in a political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office,

Operating a social club for the pleasure, benefit or recreation of its members,

Carrying on a business with the general public in a manner similar to organizations operated for profit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, yea, let's see. Which one fails? The one directly from the IRS or the one from Wikipedia?
You fucking can't read, can you?

Wow, rdean again proven to be dishonest, the guy just can't stop lying and twisting facts. A real sad act.

If the I.R.S. did nothing wrong why did they apologize for their actions? Why did the President call the targeting a outrage? Why has Lois Lerner pleaded the 5th not one but two times?

That's an opinion article.

There is the law that comes from congress.

There are so called rules written by the IRS.

LAW written and passed by congress trumps IRS rules. It always does. It always has. No one can just "rewrite" the law.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“The original statute passed by Congress requires 501(c)(4) organizations engaged exclusively in social welfare activities,” said Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland. “But in 1959, Treasury Department issued a regulation that requires these entities only to be primarily engaged in social welfare activities. As a result, many groups now believe they can spend up to 49% of their funds on campaign-related activities.”

At the House Ways and Means Committee hearing Friday, Rep. Lloyd Doggett of Texas name-checked O’Donnell and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) for their attention to this matter.

“The IRS in 1959 without authority from Congress changed Congress’ intent in 501(c)(4) organizations, and they suddenly had to be primarily for social welfare, which meant from that day forward, IRS agents somewhere, Washington or Cincinnati or somewhere were going to have to evaluate how much politics a 501(c)(4) applicant was going to engage in,” said O’Donnell. “And so, the real scandal here is not that the applications were delayed, but that they were ever approved.”

"Exclusively" vs. "primarily": IRS law a "disaster waiting to happen" | NBC News

Last edited by a moderator:
If the I.R.S. did nothing wrong why did they apologize for their actions? Why did the President call the targeting a outrage? Why has Lois Lerner pleaded the 5th not one but two times?

Why did George Zimmerman plead the 5th?

Then his lawyers told his story.

Lois pleaded the fifth and her lawyer was about to tell her story but Issa ended the proceedings. Probably to keep her story off the record.

Remember the right wing smear of Shirley Sherrod?

Timeline of Breitbart's Sherrod smear | Research

Fox & Friends Whitewashes Problems With O'Keefe's NPR Video | Research

That's what the right wing does. They lie, they cheat, they suppress. It's who they are. Remember, Issa was furious because Cummings released full transcripts. Why? Because it destroyed Issa's narrative.

The right, which lies so much is constantly calling others "liars".

Lois pleaded the fifth and her lawyer was about to tell her story but Issa ended the proceedings. Probably to keep her story off the record.

That's what the right wing does. They lie, they cheat, they suppress. It's who they are. Remember, Issa was furious because Cummings released full transcripts. Why? Because it destroyed Issa's narrative.

you lie too Dean.....remember your thread titled...."Republicans HATE Education and want to END it".....remember that one Dean?....and then when you read the link you provided.....no where in there was anything like that even mentioned....:dunno:....was that you just being dishonest?....we all did laugh at your justification for the title though,only someone like you would have came up with something like you came up with....only you Dean....well maybe your girlfriend "Dottie" would have ....

Zimmerman didn't plead the 5th, you lying sack of shit. He spent hours talking to police officers and detectives without having a lawyer present.

Sent from my NWO shill phone using TapYourLine II

Zimmerman didn't plead the 5th, you lying sack of shit. He spent hours talking to police officers and detectives without having a lawyer present.

Sent from my NWO shill phone using TapYourLine II
Facts are beyond deans understanding like the fact this was the second time Lerner took the fifth I'm sure dean has a excuse for why Lerner's attorney did not tell her story the first time she took the fifth and Issa did not end the proceedings.

Forum List

Back