Cleveland boy with fake pistol killed by police

it wasn't a gun you stupid POS

It looked exactly like a gun, so when it comes to perception it basically was one.

Do you think those people being frightened had no right to be afraid, 'cause it's a "toy"?

Who do you think you are?

Doesn't matter how old the kid was. A group of juveniles beat a homeless man to death in that park not long ago. A kid with a gun is just as dangerous as any criminal. The way he was walking around pointing at people, someone else might have shot him if the police hadn't showed up first.
Who did this 12 year old beat the shit out of?

Im a CCW holder. If he pointed that thing at me walking down the street, I would have shot him.
Gratz for that. Why don't you go on a shopping spree handing out these toys to little children for you to kill.

Way back when I was growing up toy guns were very popular, much more popular than today. All the kids had at least one toy gun and actually played with them outside in public not just in their back yards. These toy guns were not marked with orange tips that scream this is a toy. So why were there not more cops shooting kids back then?

How can you say there weren't more police shooting kids playing with guns back then?

There was obviously a big problem back then that brought about the orange plug on the barrel tip law & PSA's about kids playing with toy guns. Just because you you were to young & dumb to read the news, didn't have 24hr cable news or global internet information, doesn't mean these problems didn't exist back when you were a kid. There is also a new gang culture rap thug craze teaching young people to pull guns on police, attack police, don't snitch to police & shoot rival gang members.
As I recall, toy guns then were all shiny, like the Lone Ranger's or Roy Rogers', and didn't look too real.

The accidental shootings started when Mattel came out with the realistic looking toy M-16.

Doesn't matter how old the kid was. A group of juveniles beat a homeless man to death in that park not long ago. A kid with a gun is just as dangerous as any criminal. The way he was walking around pointing at people, someone else might have shot him if the police hadn't showed up first.

Im a CCW holder. If he pointed that thing at me walking down the street, I would have shot him.
Gratz for that. Why don't you go on a shopping spree handing out these toys to little children for you to kill.
You post as though you are having a really crampy period.

You post like you get a hard on for killing little children with scary looking toys.

It looked exactly like a gun, so when it comes to perception it basically was one.

Do you think those people being frightened had no right to be afraid, 'cause it's a "toy"?

No dumb ass, it was a toy. Guns shoot bullets.

They didn't know that.

It looked exactly like a gun?

What the hell were they supposed to think?

"Oh, it looks like a gun and he's pointing it at me. I guess I should pause and not be afraid because I should always assume it must be fake."

Are you kidding me? Lol. Really? You don't see how people might be afraid when something that looks exactly like a gun is pointed at them? Wow. That is some clinical craziness right there. You don't think people have a right to be afraid when it comes to realistic, wielded replicas of lethal weapons being pointed at people.

You post like you get a hard on for killing little children with scary looking toys.
No I don't.

I am appalled this happened, but I blame the kid and his parents, not the cops.

BTW, a John Wayne avatar does not make you tough.

Why would I want to do that?

"Oh no guys, he's just pointing an exact replica of an AK-47 at the schoolchildren. Nothing for them to freak out about here."

Lol. :D

They didn't know that.

"Oh, it looks like a gun and he's pointing it at me. I guess I should pause and not be afraid because I should always assume it must be fake."

Are you kidding me? Lol. Really? You don't see how people might be afraid when something that looks exactly like a gun is pointed at them? Wow. That is some clinical craziness right there. You don't think people have a right to be afraid when it comes to realistic, wielded replicas of lethal weapons being pointed at people.
If you use a toy replica gun to hold up a bank, you still get charged with armed robbery.

Why would I want to do that?
RKM Brown is having a meltdown.

So in this thread, RKM has a mental breakdown over whether it's proper to point a gun at people for fun.

"Nah, it's just a toy, let him terrorize the people and not face any sort of consequences for his actions. Even though it looks exactly like a gun, let's not let this fact get in the way. We should expect and consider this kind of horrific behavior as not only normal, but acceptable. May God damn the caller and cop for responding to someone pointing a gun at people. HARUMPH!"

If I go into a bank to rob it and present myself as having a gun, according to the law I have one whether I actually do or not.

If it was presented as a gun, it doesn't matter under the law. That's been tested where I live. An idiot went to the Law Enforcement Center in the middle of the night. He had made a glue gun look like a real gun. He was killed as he should have been based on his actions. It didn't have to be a real gun only a perceived one.

Greenville police shot at suspect 24 times

This is why you don't terrorize innocent people with gun replicas.

So in this thread, RKM has a mental breakdown over whether it's proper to point a gun at people for fun.

"Nah, it's just a toy, let him terrorize the people and not face any sort of consequences for his actions. Even though it looks exactly like a gun, let's not let this fact get in the way. We should expect and consider this kind of horrific behavior as not only normal, but acceptable. May God damn the caller and cop for responding to someone pointing a gun at people. HARUMPH!"

Could the police tell the difference?

That's true. The cops have to act in a manner that not only protects the public but themselves as well. Point a gun at them and get shot. I dont know what is actually expected of the police in this situation. Wait to be killed?

The specifics are not known though. If this child was suspected of having a weapon (as is the obvious case) were the officers posted behind cover? Were they in the open and approaching the child? How was the initial contact made with the child? How was the 'weapon' brandished (pointed is NOT specific enough at all)? Why was there no safety tip on the weapon? What was the child's overall demeanor before the shooting (threatening, confused etc)? What did the weapon look like? The description in the article is not all that helpful considering that many of these weapons look quite real while others are obviously not guns. All questions that are very important to the situation and whether or not the officers were acting properly or not in the shooting. All things I am sure an investigation is going to look into and it will find if the police were at fault or not.

I think that something is usually lost in these type of conversations: I don't believe for one second that the cops started that day with the idea that they would be killing a 12 year old boy. No one wants to carry that on their conscious. No one wants to deal with that tragedy. They might very well have been overly rash but this is a bad situation all around. A true tragedy.

The other question is how this even happened in the first place? What would make a 12 year old boy think that taking a weapon to the park and threatening people with it was acceptable? Act in that manner and you just might get shot. It is not a matter of 'deserving' as I have seen a few people mention but rather a simple fact of self preservation. Most people are not going to wait for you to prove the real looking weapon being pointed at them is real or not. I know I wont. It is not worth dying over.

They didn't know that.

Your a LYING POS. He didn't point it at the cops.

Did it shoot bullets? Clue: bullets are loud.

The difference between a young child with a toy playing in the park and an adult with a real gun out to kill someone? Clearly this cop could not tell the difference. Some people are stupid like that.

Forum List

Back