Cleveland police ask for open carry ban

Oh just wait until the board lets the cops know how they know their job better than the cops

So the rule is unless you are actually part of something, you can't comment on it or criticize about it?

So basically that leaves you only being able to comment on being a bigoted twat. Kind of limits your range there, doesn't it?

Only if you defined who I am, sadly you dont. You have no power here

I heard the guy this morning. I don't think he's wacky, there's no way to determine who's who and many on the left are filled with hate. He says he's very pro-2nd, he's just worried about a powder keg blowing up on their watch.

Lots of open carry in Dallas caused a lot of confusion and many are dead now.

Not a single person was killed by the people open carrying at the protest (we don't know if the shooter was part of the open carry group or not), and none of them were shot by cops. They did what they should have done, they did not go looking for the guy, or get in the way of the police.

They caused a lot of confusion with the police.

Do we have any concrete evidence of that?

Remember when they thought there were 3 shooters? They took lots of people into custody that were not involved. It caused a lot of confusion.
You must be perpetually dizzy.........

I heard the guy this morning. I don't think he's wacky, there's no way to determine who's who and many on the left are filled with hate. He says he's very pro-2nd, he's just worried about a powder keg blowing up on their watch.

Not a single person was killed by the people open carrying at the protest (we don't know if the shooter was part of the open carry group or not), and none of them were shot by cops. They did what they should have done, they did not go looking for the guy, or get in the way of the police.

You missed the points, it makes it difficult for the cops to tell good people with guns versus bad people with guns.

Dallas police chief: Open carry makes things confusing during mass shootings

Oh just wait until the board lets the cops know how they know their job better than the cops

So the rule is unless you are actually part of something, you can't comment on it or criticize about it?

So basically that leaves you only being able to comment on being a bigoted twat. Kind of limits your range there, doesn't it?

I evidently have the power to call out a bigoted twat such as yourself, such as when you make a statement, get a retort, then proceed to ignore the statement.

I evidently have the power to call out a bigoted twat such as yourself, such as when you make a statement, get a retort, then proceed to ignore the statement.

No you have the power of accusation but thats weak.

You missed the points, it makes it difficult for the cops to tell good people with guns versus bad people with guns.

Actually, considering Texas has shall issue concealed carry, they have to assume anyone could be concealed carrying as well. In the end, none of these people got shot, and they didn't shoot anyone, so I doubt the confusion they caused was any greater than the confusion of unarmed people fleeing the area, and of course, the confusion caused by the shooter.

It doesn't take much to call out a moron like you.

No it doesnt, all you have to do is be able to type bullshit. You're able to type and to bullshit. Congrats

No it doesnt, all you have to do is be able to type bullshit. You're able to type and to bullshit. Congrats

No bullshit on my end, but plenty of chickenshit from yours.

The Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association is asking the governor to suspend state law allowing the open carry of firearms for the duration of Republican National Convention.

Gov. John Kasich does not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state laws, spokeswoman Emmalee Kalmbach said.
Cleveland police union appeals for weapons ban

Not having the power to suspend state/constitutional rights would not stop -some- governors. Good job, John.

“We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something — I don’t care if it’s constitutional or not at this point,” Cleveland Police Union president Stephen Loomis told CNN.
Yes... lets just suspend rights whenever we think it is a good idea.

This is not unusual if anyone knows a little about history. It was even common in the good ole Wild West when nearly all people owned guns. Nor is it a suspension of the second amendment as some have suggested. And I own guns.
Did the Wild West Have More Gun Control Than We Do Today?

Except....you know....it didn't......considering none of the guys with the slung rifles was shot.........during and active shooter attack.....

Face it twit....nothing you guys have ever said about people carrying concealed or open weapons in a mass shooting happened....you were wrong.....

Actually, considering Texas has shall issue concealed carry, they have to assume anyone could be concealed carrying as well. In the end, none of these people got shot, and they didn't shoot anyone, so I doubt the confusion they caused was any greater than the confusion of unarmed people fleeing the area, and of course, the confusion caused by the shooter.

If I had to choose, I'll take the police chiefs opinion over yours. He is clearly more qualified to make the call.

The 'shall issue' comes only after the permit applicant completes a training course and pays the permit fee. Until recently open carry in Texas applied only to longarms now it applies to sidearms but only if the person openly carrying a sidearm has a CC permit.

The Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association is asking the governor to suspend state law allowing the open carry of firearms for the duration of Republican National Convention.

Gov. John Kasich does not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state laws, spokeswoman Emmalee Kalmbach said.
Cleveland police union appeals for weapons ban

Not having the power to suspend state/constitutional rights would not stop -some- governors. Good job, John.

“We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something — I don’t care if it’s constitutional or not at this point,” Cleveland Police Union president Stephen Loomis told CNN.
Yes... lets just suspend rights whenever we think it is a good idea.

This is not unusual if anyone knows a little about history. It was even common in the good ole Wild West when nearly all people owned guns. Nor is it a suspension of the second amendment as some have suggested. And I own guns.
Did the Wild West Have More Gun Control Than We Do Today?

Yeah......and the one thing they don't do in that link....look at how well actual criminals followed those laws....but for you.....I did just that......

Tombstone is usually a place where they also make the claim about gun control in the old west......sadly for the anti gunners there was a famous shooting there...and a chronicle of the events that led up to that shooting......and how often the actual criminals ignored those laws when they simply decided not to obey them.......

The Shootout at the O.K. Corral didn't happen because criminals were obeying the gun laws twit...

Here you go...read up on the actual Tombstone situation and how the criminals actually ignored the gun control laws....killing land wounding the Earps....

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of many people who ignored Tombstone gun control....and he was a good guy....

Joyce ordered Holliday removed from the saloon but would not return Holliday's revolver. But Holliday returned carrying a double-action revolver. Milt brandished a pistol and threatened Holliday, but Holliday shot Joyce in the palm, disarming him, and then shot Joyce's business partner William Parker in the big toe

-----

Boyle later testified he noticed Ike was armed and covered his gun for him. Boyle later said that Ike told him, "'As soon as the Earps and Doc Holliday showed themselves on the street, the ball would open—that they would have to fight'...

------

Later in the morning, Ike picked up his rifle and revolver from the West End Corral, where he had deposited his weapons and stabled his wagon and team after entering town.

By noon that day, Ike was still drinking and once-again armed in violation of the city ordinance against carrying firearms in the city.

--------

Tom McLaury's concealed weapon[edit]

Outside the court house where Ike was being fined, Wyatt almost walked into 28 year-old Tom McLaury as the two men were brought up short nose-to-nose. Tom, who had arrived in town the day before, was required by the well-known city ordinance to deposit his pistol when he first arrived in town. When Wyatt demanded, "Are you heeled or not?", McLaury said he was not armed. Wyatt testified that he saw arevolver in plain sight on the right hip of Tom's pants

----------

Billy and Frank stopped first at the Grand Hotel on Allen Street, and were greeted by Doc Holliday. They learned immediately after of their brothers' beatings by the Earps within the previous two hours. The incidents had generated a lot of talk in town. Angrily, Frank said he would not drink, and he and Billy left the saloon immediately to seek Tom.

By law, both Frank and Billy should have left their firearms at the Grand Hotel. Instead, they remained fully armed.[2]:49[57]:190

--------

Virgil testified afterward that he thought he saw all four men, Ike Clanton, Billy Clanton, Frank McLaury, and Tom McLaury, buying cartridges.[79] Wyatt said that he saw Billy Clanton and Frank McLaury in Spangenberger's gun and hardware store on 4th Street filling theirgun belts with cartridges

Hmmmmmmmm...doesn't seem like the Tombstone gun control laws worked so far...

Virgil initially avoided a confrontation with the newly arrived Frank McLaury and Billy Clanton, who had not yet deposited their weapons at a hotel or stable as the law required.

------------

At about 2:30 pm he saw Ike, Frank, Tom, and Billy gathered off Fremont street. Behan attempted to persuade Frank McLaury to give up his weapons, but Frank insisted that he would only give up his guns after City Marshal Virgil Earp and his brothers were disarmed.[81]

-----------

Citizens reported to Virgil on the Cowboys' movements that Ike and Tom had left their livery stable and returned to town while armed, in violation of the city ordinance.

Gun control only works for those who will obey the laws...law abiding citizens....so any gun control will completely fail at disarming criminals and mass shooters.

The 'shall issue' comes only after the permit applicant completes a training course and pays the permit fee. Until recently open carry in Texas applied only to longarms now it applies to sidearms but only if the person openly carrying a sidearm has a CC permit.
If that's true it's named wrong. That's 'may issue'. We are a shall issue state, no felonies and they have to issue it in 30 days once you pay.

Except....you know....it didn't......considering none of the guys with the slung rifles was shot.........during and active shooter attack.....

Face it twit....nothing you guys have ever said about people carrying concealed or open weapons in a mass shooting happened....you were wrong.....

I wasn't wrong about anything I said, I simply pointed out that the police say it makes their job more difficult in those situation. And as I posted already, suspending open carry is not a suspension of the 2nd Amendment, nor is it unprecedented even in the Wild West. Here is some history that might help you- Did the Wild West Have More Gun Control Than We Do Today?

You miss the point.
State law allows open carry.
State law cannot simply be suspended just because it might be a good idea.

I wasn't wrong about anything I said, I simply pointed out that the police say it makes their job more difficult in those situation. And as I posted already, suspending open carry is not a suspension of the 2nd Amendment, nor is it unprecedented even in the Wild West. Here is some history that might help you- Did the Wild West Have More Gun Control Than We Do Today?

Exactly.....so all protest during the convention should be suspended as well...right? They should also terminate all internet traffic in Ohio during the convention as well.....it isn't a suspension of the 1st Amendment nor is it unprecedented even in nazi Germany......

You were wrong and you link is dumb........Chicago has tighter gun control laws than the Tombstone and even more shootings....criminals do not obey gun control laws......you guys do not seem to be able to understand that.........

If I had to choose, I'll take the police chiefs opinion over yours. He is clearly more qualified to make the call.

That is your choice to make, however appeal to authority is usually one of the more basic logical fallacies out there.

Forum List

Back