Climate Change Skeptics Eat Crow

Now, if only someone had said that it wasn't.

:eusa_whistle:

Oh, plenty of people have said that it wasn't. You know that.

So if we're agreed on that, then we also know what increased levels of CO2 do in the atmosphere.

So we're done.

Global warming is the result of human activity.

:eusa_angel:
You're missing just a few things there, kid.

Yes, sure. And yet you can't articulate them. You can only direct people to read material that you don't seem to understand yourself.

Here's an article some folks might find interesting:

RealClimate: How much of the recent CO2 increase is due to human activities?

Why do you pretend you don't see things?

I asked you if you understood the words in bold.
Normally when one says and they want to know what your point is.

What is your point?

The bolded words do nothing to back up your claim. I also suggest you try to comprehend the earlier discussion about falsifiability.

Not necessarily. Sometimes one is trying to hide their failure by pretending not to see. Which is your present situation.

I've seen deniers who denied the science, but you take it to a whole new level. You don't even see words.

This sentence is one I'm asking you to read, and to comment on:

From long-term control runs of climate models, it was found that the probability of the observed trends resulting from natural climate variability, assuming that the models' natural variability is similar to that found in nature, is less than 2 percent for the 1978–98 sea ice trends and less than 0.1 percent for the 1953–98 sea ice trends.

Do you understand what that sentence means?

Do you understand the meaning of those statistics?

For both, please comment.

Climate models, based on a theory using 2-D flat earth mathematics with no electro-magnetic field, and no self generated heat... yeah that's wonderful..:clap2:

Socko, haven't you filled up enough board space with your rambling nonsense yet? No? Good cause now I have a few minutes spend...

Care to explain how an "expert" in the sciences like yourself (cough) can be so ignorant of the latest developments in climate research by some of the more public and outspoken climate scientists?

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Yahoo! News

"NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.
Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA's Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA's Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models."

Wait isn't Spencer one of your guys?

link an abstract of the source publication, I don't have a subscription ot it sadly, and I am not going to lie and pretend I do like many of your pals do...

Remote Sensing | Free Full-Text | On the Misdiagnosis of Surface Temperature Feedbacks from Variations in Earth?s Radiant Energy Balance

"Abstract: The sensitivity of the climate system to an imposed radiative imbalance remains the largest source of uncertainty in projections of future anthropogenic climate change. Here we present further evidence that this uncertainty from an observational perspective is largely due to the masking of the radiative feedback signal by internal radiative forcing, probably due to natural cloud variations. That these internal radiative forcings exist and likely corrupt feedback diagnosis is demonstrated with lag regression analysis of satellite and coupled climate model data, interpreted with a simple forcing-feedback model. While the satellite-based metrics for the period 2000–2010 depart substantially in the direction of lower climate sensitivity from those similarly computed from coupled climate models, we find that, with traditional methods, it is not possible to accurately quantify this discrepancy in terms of the feedbacks which determine climate sensitivity. It is concluded that atmospheric feedback diagnosis of the climate system remains an unsolved problem, due primarily to the inability to distinguish between radiative forcing and radiative feedback in satellite radiative budget observations."

Wow thats pretty damn inconvenient, to borrow from one of yours... What the hell man... Climate models aren't to be trusted after all? Must be true its in a peer reviewed journal... Why according to you consensus and peer review is what science is all about.. Ain't that right? If its in a peer review science journal it must be true and fact..

I can't take credit for this one I believe Wirebender posted it originally, but I felt it may be important later and kept the link... So THX Wire!

Anybody with enough scientific clout or compelling enough research can be published in a science journal, and so-called peer-review is done in time by peers not committee, and its completely regardless of what publication its in or what wannabe science rock star/public speaker backs or brings it...

But please continue showing just how little you actually know, I find fakes to be a good source of amusement..:lol:

BTW you can download the PDF for that link above its just below the title on the page I linked to... that way you can have some real science to fondle while you play expert...

Last edited:
That is an opinion article published in Forbes.

The link goes to a download that I'd rather not download-have you read the link? Can you tell me what it says?

I went to the NASA website to see if they were talking about any holes being blown in the theory, but they don't seem to know about it.

Climate Change: Evidence

You said something about Roy Spencer being "one of our guys".

He's not. He says that little research has been done to determine if warming is natural. That statement isn't true.

The link goes to a download that I'd rather not download-have you read the link? Can you tell me what it says?

I went to the NASA website to see if they were talking about any holes being blown in the theory, but they don't seem to know about it.

AAAAAAAT!

WRONG!!!!

The second link was to the source forbes and yahoo news cited in their article... Its to a ddum dum dum! SCIENCE JOURNAL!

Uh-oh...BUSTED!!!!!!

Whats up with you mr. expert? Don't recognize a science journal when you see one?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Way to go phony... Ya know its so easy to bust you internet fakes.. Really all one has to do is let you continue to talk until you start making absolute statements and then nail you with them.. you morons talk to much and you start believing your own BS.

Thank you for taking up space with your BS for the day... DEL tell em what hes WON!!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I clicked the link, a download started. So I Googled Dr. Spencer, read his cutesy blog, and saw that he claimed that no one had really looked into the possibility that the increase in CO2 was natural. Which is not true. I just posted a link to an article about it.

Dr. Spencer:

Global Warming « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Believe it or not, very little research has ever been funded to search for natural mechanisms of warming…it has simply been assumed that global warming is manmade. This assumption is rather easy for scientists since we do not have enough accurate global data for a long enough period of time to see whether there are natural warming mechanisms at work.

RealClimate: How do we know that recent CO2 increases are due to human activities?

Another, quite independent way that we know that fossil fuel burning and land clearing specifically are responsible for the increase in CO2 in the last 150 years is through the measurement of carbon isotopes. Isotopes are simply different atoms with the same chemical behavior (isotope means “same type”) but with different masses. Carbon is composed of three different isotopes, 14C, 13C and 12C. 12C is the most common. 13C is about 1% of the total. 14C accounts for only about 1 in 1 trillion carbon atoms.

CO2 produced from burning fossil fuels or burning forests has quite a different isotopic composition from CO2 in the atmosphere.

Dr. Spencer's not much of an expert, is he?

Oh, plenty of people have said that it wasn't. You know that.

So if we're agreed on that, then we also know what increased levels of CO2 do in the atmosphere.

So we're done.

Global warming is the result of human activity.

:eusa_angel:

Yes, sure. And yet you can't articulate them.

Of course I can't. That's because there IS NO science demonstrating the significance and/or magnitude of man made CO2 on any warming.

You are fascinating.

Some of the articles at that source may be reliable, but if you want a good laugh, look at this other article they have about AGW:

The argument of this paper is that sustainability requires a new worldview-paradigm. It critically evaluates Gore’s liberal-based environmentalism in order to show how “shallow ecologies” are called into question by deeper ecologies.

Sustainability | Free Full-Text | Automobility: Global Warming as Symptomatology

That's kind of funny talk for a scientific article. KWIM?

Some of the articles at that source may be reliable, but if you want a good laugh, look at this other article they have about AGW:

The argument of this paper is that sustainability requires a new worldview-paradigm. It critically evaluates Gore’s liberal-based environmentalism in order to show how “shallow ecologies” are called into question by deeper ecologies.

Sustainability | Free Full-Text | Automobility: Global Warming as Symptomatology

Philosophers aren't scientists.

I clicked the link, a download started. So I Googled Dr. Spencer, read his cutesy blog, and saw that he claimed that no one had really looked into the possibility that the increase in CO2 was natural. Which is not true. I just posted a link to an article about it.

Nice try with diverting there bud... now can we get back to the point here???

Why didn't you know about this? You are such an expert... BTW the download that started, I told you was there moron.. And it was to a science journal.. Your diversion and pretense show how right I am....

Now you want to show some integrity here and admit its a science journal now or continue your nonsense? Fact is a great many things get published and even more end up forgotten after publication. Publication in a science journal is not peer-review nor is it a claim of the studies validity or basis of fact.. Its a published paper and thats it...

Peer review is not a formal committee that stamps a study true or false. Its a loose acceptance of a theory or statement or study as being accurate relative to current knowledge and proper form, records and citations. this acceptance is done individually by various members of the scientific community, over a period of time until the overall community accepts it as either fact, theory or false...

Now please anytime you want to start showing some integrity.. No rush..

Of course I can't. That's because there IS NO science demonstrating the significance and/or magnitude of man made CO2 on any warming.

You are fascinating.

I pointed out that you can never seem to articulate any of your objections, you just mangle some bit of scientific jargon and dodge the point...and you respond by...dodging the point.

AAAAAAAT!

WRONG!!!!

The second link was to the source forbes and yahoo news cited in their article... Its to a ddum dum dum! SCIENCE JOURNAL!

Uh-oh...BUSTED!!!!!!

Whats up with you mr. expert? Don't recognize a science journal when you see one?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Way to go phony... Ya know its so easy to bust you internet fakes.. Really all one has to do is let you continue to talk until you start making absolute statements and then nail you with them.. you morons talk to much and you start believing your own BS.

Thank you for taking up space with your BS for the day... DEL tell em what hes WON!!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

he's won this lovely tin foil hat and a year's subscription to *almost science* magazine, the magazine for people who aren't as think as they smart they are. kudos!

ali2.jpg

scientists have a tremendous sense of humor. you're proof.

http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/
:lmao:

You are fascinating.

I pointed out that you can never seem to articulate any of your objections, you just mangle some bit of scientific jargon and dodge the point...and you respond by...dodging the point.

Dodging???

boy you dodge more than the chrysler corporation.. Man up and face my post! Don't make me take back your prize!

I hope you've been reading the full article that goes with the abstract I posted. You did assure me you had access.

Then, could you share your thoughts on this?

Quantifying the human contribution to global warming

Posted on 3 September 2010 by dana1981

The amount of warming caused by the anthropogenic increase in atmospheric CO2 may be one of the most misunderstood subjects in climate science. Many people think the anthropogenic warming can't be quantified, many others think it must be an insignificant amount. However, climate scientists have indeed quantified the anthropogenic contribution to global warming using empirical observations and fundamental physical equations.

It's another golden opportunity for you. :eusa_angel:

I hope you've been reading the full article that goes with the abstract I posted. You did assure me you had access.

Then, could you share your thoughts on this?

Posted on 3 September 2010 by dana1981

The amount of warming caused by the anthropogenic increase in atmospheric CO2 may be one of the most misunderstood subjects in climate science. Many people think the anthropogenic warming can't be quantified, many others think it must be an insignificant amount. However, climate scientists have indeed quantified the anthropogenic contribution to global warming using empirical observations and fundamental physical equations.

It's another golden opportunity for you. :eusa_angel:

i believe the nobel for physics was awarded to dana1981 in 2008 for her groundbreaking work on duping morons.

or was it mesons?

whatever

Forum List

Back