Climate scientist blows the lid off the ‘manufactured consensus’

any climate change of any kind

Greenland

2 million years ago the entire island, including the most northern part, completely unfrozen and brimming with life...

400-800k years ago center of Greenland went from forest to ice age...

Vikings found Greenland and called it GREEN land because the southern tip of Greenland was still all green. As the continent specific ice age glaciers pushed further south, they froze the Viking's farmland, and forced the Vikings to leave. Viking farmland is now under 600 years of ice age glacier

1 million years ago North America was buried under 2+ mile thick ice down to Indiana, which still had glaciers 10k years ago. Over 5 million cubic miles of ice on North America melted in the past few million years.

So Greenland FROZE while North America THAWED at THE SAME TIME....

CLIMATE CHANGE = continent specific

Greenland

2 million years ago the entire island, including the most northern part, completely unfrozen and brimming with life...

400-800k years ago center of Greenland went from forest to ice age...

Vikings found Greenland and called it GREEN land because the southern tip of Greenland was still all green. As the continent specific ice age glaciers pushed further south, they froze the Viking's farmland, and forced the Vikings to leave. Viking farmland is now under 600 years of ice age glacier

1 million years ago North America was buried under 2+ mile thick ice down to Indiana, which still had glaciers 10k years ago. Over 5 million cubic miles of ice on North America melted in the past few million years.

So Greenland FROZE while North America THAWED at THE SAME TIME....

CLIMATE CHANGE = continent specific

I'd like to see your satellite data from 2,000,000 years ago ... or is this balloon data your [sic] using here? ...
Self-siccing, that's gross ...

I'd like to see your satellite data from 2,000,000 years ago ... or is this balloon data your [sic] using here? ...
Self-siccing, that's gross ...

LOL!!!

Translation - cannot refute anything posted, so trolls back to the issue of the raw data of highly correlated satellites and balloons showing NO WARMING in the ATMOSPHERE despite rising Co2

Earth does not warm and cool as a whole. The continent specific ice age theory is the only theory that explains the data.

LOL!!!

Translation - cannot refute anything posted, so trolls back to the issue of the raw data of highly correlated satellites and balloons showing NO WARMING in the ATMOSPHERE despite rising Co2

Earth does not warm and cool as a whole. The continent specific ice age theory is the only theory that explains the data.

Please post your data ... or you have nothing ...

Which satellite band are you using as a proxy for temperature? ...

I get data ... and I don't even want to try to understand why you can't ... go to your local airport and ask some random pilot to show you how to look for weather data ... maybe ask about ground school, that'll get you a better understanding of these climate matters ...
dude, I can get data for individual cities and states around the world, what I can't get is the one that puts the data into one report that says the globe is warming. Where's that one. Post one snap shot of a spreadsheet just one page of it!!

Again, NOAA, doesn't produce a result, I posted awhile back the screenshot of that error message, for one day, July 3, 2023

Please post your data ... or you have nothing ...

Which satellite band are you using as a proxy for temperature? ...
what data are you asking for? the data that doesn't show warming? Why don't you show the data that it is?

The sad part is how willing the scientific community is to play along ... suddenly chemists are total experts at computational fluid dynamics ... or geologists using dt ... it's just unnatural I say ...

My challenge to anybody is point on the globe where climate has changed ... anywhere in the whole world, just one place ... any climate change of any kind ... all I hear is crickets ...
It might not be fair to totally blame the publishing scientists (we'll never hear from the non-publishers) as they'll write up what the grants require. In the U.S. the majority of grants for papers come from the NSF --an agency of the federal government-- and most requests simply assume climate change is as broadcast and they go from there.

It is often said that there is an “overwhelming scientific consensus” that human activity is causing global warming, which is regularly supported by fact-check articles.

However, this slogan has been challenged by a number of prominent scientists over the years. Esteemed physicist and 2022 Nobel Prize winner Dr. John Clauser recently stated he does not believe there is a man-made global warming crisis. Scientist and Weather Channel founder John Coleman also championed his belief that “there is no significant man-made global warming” before his death in 2018.

Most recently, American climatologist Judith Curry of the Georgia Institute of Technology says this so-called scientific consensus is “manufactured.” Published in over a hundred scientific papers, Curry’s decades-long research includes hurricanes, remote sensing, atmospheric modeling, polar climates, air-sea interactions, climate models, and the use of unmanned aerial vehicles for atmospheric research.

Curry argues this false slogan about an “overwhelming consensus” has been fueled by scientists who pursue “fame and fortune.” Scientists who study man-made global warming are more likely to be quoted in popular culture while receiving celebrity-like status and lucrative grants from the federal government.

This has created “climate hysteria” among the general public, it but isn’t believed by scientists like Curry.

Comment:
The Left uses Climate Change fear to control dumb people.
There is no scientific consensus.
There is no climate crisis.
Consensus is a political narrative.

dude, I can get data for individual cities and states around the world, what I can't get is the one that puts the data into one report that says the globe is warming. Where's that one. Post one snap shot of a spreadsheet just one page of it!!

Again, NOAA, doesn't produce a result, I posted awhile back the screenshot of that error message, for one day, July 3, 2023

Do you know how to program a spreadsheet with a del operator? ...

NOAA uses what's called a gradient for both pressure and temperature ... and that's a thing of calculus ... i.e. college science ... you're welcome to read through the Wikipedia article on the del operator, and work out your own theoretical solutions ... or just download the software yourself and run your own simulation, Billy_Bob has experience doing this ...

The simple answer to your question is we run the dynamic models in static mode ... giving the computer model weeks or months to in-fill all the data needed to calculate an average ... and the models owned by NOAA are free to download and use yourself ... just boot up in Linex ... see if you get different results ...

It might not be fair to totally blame the publishing scientists (we'll never hear from the non-publishers) as they'll write up what the grants require. In the U.S. the majority of grants for papers come from the NSF --an agency of the federal government-- and most requests simply assume climate change is as broadcast and they go from there.

It take more to publish in the scientific media than fulfilling any preconceived results ... these preconceived results have to be correct ... and that's more than tongue-in-cheek humor ... any preconceived results that can't be proved aren't published ... most atmospheric scientists publish 6- to 120-hour weather forecasts anyway and we don't like talking about accuracy ...

The study of climate would go on whether or not any Climate Hysteria ... and this research is long overdue ... this will follow the same track as the Asteroid Attacks Hysteria ... we'll do the research and learn that, yeah, just like common sense said, there's no immediate threat from asteroid collisions, not for the next 300 years ... plus now we have a really good inventory of the contents of our solar system and all the new research being done learning about our space environment ...

In 20 or 30 years, we'll see a greener more prosporous Earth ... hunger is over, all human needs are met, no more war, there will be an explosion of creative talent and all the advanced technologies we could ever dream up ... warmer and wetter is always better ... burn that oil, suckers, I dare you ...

Do you know how to program a spreadsheet with a del operator? ...

NOAA uses what's called a gradient for both pressure and temperature ... and that's a thing of calculus ... i.e. college science ... you're welcome to read through the Wikipedia article on the del operator, and work out your own theoretical solutions ... or just download the software yourself and run your own simulation, Billy_Bob has experience doing this ...

The simple answer to your question is we run the dynamic models in static mode ... giving the computer model weeks or months to in-fill all the data needed to calculate an average ... and the models owned by NOAA are free to download and use yourself ... just boot up in Linex ... see if you get different results ...
Dude, they have drop down boxes and you input date an hours. Nothing about any apps, their own program returned no data

It take more to publish in the scientific media than fulfilling any preconceived results ... these preconceived results have to be correct ... and that's more than tongue-in-cheek humor ... any preconceived results that can't be proved aren't published ... most atmospheric scientists publish 6- to 120-hour weather forecasts anyway and we don't like talking about accuracy ...

The study of climate would go on whether or not any Climate Hysteria ... and this research is long overdue ... this will follow the same track as the Asteroid Attacks Hysteria ... we'll do the research and learn that, yeah, just like common sense said, there's no immediate threat from asteroid collisions, not for the next 300 years ... plus now we have a really good inventory of the contents of our solar system and all the new research being done learning about our space environment ...

In 20 or 30 years, we'll see a greener more prosporous Earth ... hunger is over, all human needs are met, no more war, there will be an explosion of creative talent and all the advanced technologies we could ever dream up ... warmer and wetter is always better ... burn that oil, suckers, I dare you ...
Maybe, or not. Sure, there are lots of global so-called "temperature" histories where we can see the latest anomalies, but actual temperatures on local weather sites show no change. Don't get me wrong, there may be global warming but the data is politicized. That, and 71% of the earth is water so it's ocean temps we need to be looking at.

Dude, they have drop down boxes and you input date an hours. Nothing about any apps, their own program returned no data

I can't help you there ... you said you could access station data ... that's all you need to work out the averages ... add all the temperature reports and divide by the number of reports ... I sure as hell ain't doing all that work for a ...

... single ...

... degree ...

... Celsius ...

... just not going to happen ...

I can't help you there ... you said you could access station data ... that's all you need to work out the averages ... add all the temperature reports and divide by the number of reports ... I sure as hell ain't doing all that work for a ...

... single ...

... degree ...

... Celsius ...

... just not going to happen ...
Never said any such thing

Maybe, or not. Sure, there are lots of global so-called "temperature" histories where we can see the latest anomalies, but actual temperatures on local weather sites show no change. Don't get me wrong, there may be global warming but the data is politicized. That, and 71% of the earth is water so it's ocean temps we need to be looking at.

Are you suggesting that trained and educated meteorologists can't go out and read a thermometer every hour and an airport? ... we've been generally considering that as our empirical data, what we measure directly in nature ... starting in 1880 ... we've had all these basic instruments since before then ... just 1880 is when we organized and standardized all the data we use ... and NOAA posts the average temperature ... be careful with the pull-down menus, they don't seem to work ...

The weather stations I checked show this same curve, or reasonably close ... but that's very few stations to be sure ... I would ask which station doesn't show the same warming as the trace linked to above ... give or take a half degree C or a full degree F ... these differences are at the very edge of instrumentation error ... and there's meteorological reasons why we don't use more accurate thermometers ...

The ocean will moderate any change, plus carbon dioxide becomes less effective at raising temperature as the concentration increases ... there are better reasons to curtail our use of fossil fuels ...

<voice_of_Sauron>

90% fewer passenger cars ...
90% less airline travel ...
90% less meat consumption

</voice_of_Sauron>

Are you suggesting that trained and educated meteorologists can't go out and read a thermometer every hour and an airport? ... we've been generally considering that as our empirical data, what we measure directly in nature ... starting in 1880 ... we've had all these basic instruments since before then ... just 1880 is when we organized and standardized all the data we use ... and NOAA posts the average temperature ... be careful with the pull-down menus, they don't seem to work ...

The weather stations I checked show this same curve, or reasonably close ... but that's very few stations to be sure ... I would ask which station doesn't show the same warming as the trace linked to above ... give or take a half degree C or a full degree F ... these differences are at the very edge of instrumentation error ... and there's meteorological reasons why we don't use more accurate thermometers ...

The ocean will moderate any change, plus carbon dioxide becomes less effective at raising temperature as the concentration increases ... there are better reasons to curtail our use of fossil fuels ...

<voice_of_Sauron>

90% fewer passenger cars ...
90% less airline travel ...
90% less meat consumption

</voice_of_Sauron>
Get rid of demofks

It is often said that there is an “overwhelming scientific consensus” that human activity is causing global warming, which is regularly supported by fact-check articles.

However, this slogan has been challenged by a number of prominent scientists over the years. Esteemed physicist and 2022 Nobel Prize winner Dr. John Clauser recently stated he does not believe there is a man-made global warming crisis. Scientist and Weather Channel founder John Coleman also championed his belief that “there is no significant man-made global warming” before his death in 2018.

Most recently, American climatologist Judith Curry of the Georgia Institute of Technology says this so-called scientific consensus is “manufactured.” Published in over a hundred scientific papers, Curry’s decades-long research includes hurricanes, remote sensing, atmospheric modeling, polar climates, air-sea interactions, climate models, and the use of unmanned aerial vehicles for atmospheric research.

Curry argues this false slogan about an “overwhelming consensus” has been fueled by scientists who pursue “fame and fortune.” Scientists who study man-made global warming are more likely to be quoted in popular culture while receiving celebrity-like status and lucrative grants from the federal government.

This has created “climate hysteria” among the general public, it but isn’t believed by scientists like Curry.

Comment:
The Left uses Climate Change fear to control dumb people.
There is no scientific consensus.
There is no climate crisis.

I am not a fan of the AGW narrative.

However, for the purposes of this thread, did she argue that there is no AGW or just that the so-called "concensus" is manufactured ?

Like so many things, I believe the serious people get frustrated with the attention whores in any area. And that is what this sounds like. She'd like to conduct research without this crap....so that if she finds a counter narrative, she does not have to deal with the backlash.

I don't blame her.

But I didn't see her say no climate change. Did I miss something ?

Forum List

Back