🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
(Reuters) - Scientists are struggling to explain a slowdown in climate change that has exposed gaps in their understanding and defies a rise in global greenhouse gas emissions.

Often focused on century-long trends, most climate models failed to predict that the temperature rise would slow, starting around 2000. Scientists are now intent on figuring out the causes and determining whether the respite will be brief or a more lasting phenomenon

Read more @ Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown | Reuters

This originally came from a so-called right-wing blog so I linked to the original article above.

The Met Office has been a key player in the climate-warming-changing-we-don't-know-but-will-try-to-think-of-a-good-excuse on-going drama.

Who is the Met:

"The Met Office (originally an abbreviation for Meteorological Office, but now the official name in itself), is the United Kingdom's national weather service, and a trading fund of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. Part of the Met Office headquarters at Exeter in Devon is the Met Office College, which handles the training for internal personnel and many forecasters from around the world. The current chief executive is John Hirst. The Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research and the National Meteorological Library and Archive are also parts of the Met Office."
Met Office - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The good people at the Met have been in the news since the beginning of the year for failing to deliver on their global warming predictions. Here are a few of the more recent news articles that appear but google their earlier history and it is clear that accuracy was never their mission.

Has global warming ground to a halt? - environment - 09 January 2013 - New Scientist

Global warming at a standstill, new Met Office figures show - Telegraph

BBC News - Climate model forecast is revised

BBC - Blogs - Weather - Met Office scale back global warming forecast

Really tough to give a shit about so called global warming as I watch 8" of snow fall in the middle of fucking April.
Is the climate changing? Possibly. The climate on the planet has changed many times though-out its 4 billion year history. Man made? Remains to be seen. However, I will not be lectured by the likes of Al Gore on my use of carbons as he burns more carbons heating his mansion than I could burn in 10 years. Average yearly utility cost for Gore hovers around 30K per year. That hypocrite can kiss my ass.

Neither should we strangle our economy by imposing fees for carbon emissions while the Chinese and other developing countries ignore their emissions and take up the slack.

Now enough about that, going to spray some CFC's out in the backyard to help the process along. It's fucking cold outside.

Last edited:
Really tough to give a shit about so called global warming as I watch 8" of snow fall in the middle of fucking April.
Is the climate changing? Possibly. The climate on the planet has changed many times though-out its 4 billion year history. Man made? Remains to be seen. However, I will not be lectured by the likes of Al Gore on my use of carbons as he burns more carbons heating his mansion than I could burn in 10 years. Average yearly utility cost for Gore hovers around 30K per year. That hypocrite can kiss my ass.

Neither should we strangle our economy by imposing fees for carbon emissions while the Chinese and other developing countries ignore their emissions and take up the slack.

Now enough about that, going to spray some CFC's out in the backyard to help the process along. It's fucking cold outside.

Welcome to the forum bro......love the avatar by the way.

This forum is fun......where else can you go and blog and always win. Its a hoot to watch the k00ks bloviate about the "consensus science", yet they assholes havent moved the goalposts a smidge in 20 years.......and with the coming climate legislation fAiL, its just another kicks to the balls.

Petro....Ive been saying "nobody cares about the science anymore" in here for several years. All the evidence is on my side. Doesnt deter the k00ks in here.........which as I said makes this forum such a fucking hoot!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

The Met says denialists have been lying their asses off about what the Met supposedly says.

Met Office in the Media: 29 January 2012 | Met Office News Blog

Hmm, who to trust?

Denialists, who lie more readily than normal humans breathe?

Or one the most respected scientific organizations on the planet.

Golly, tough call.

show me how it is mattering then sweetheart????:2up:

They have no idea what they are talking about. They have no baseline to begin with. Without it, it's all freaking guess work. Trillions of Dollers spent and they got nothing more then a pulling a rabbit out a hat.

Truly amazing how long this fraud has gone on. :banana2:

To all would-be scientist/admiral super geniuses supporting AGW nonsense. You know who you are...

First, the word is "denier".. There is no such thing as a "denialist" it's a made-up word coined by "ecomentalists" (made up word, Ironic don't ya think?) who are too ignorant to know any better... Stop if you want to continue the pretense of education and understanding you claim...

Claiming yourself smarter and more knowledgeable therefore correct, and then using a make -believe word like that contradicts your own BS...

Here ends the PSA...

To all would-be scientist/admiral super geniuses supporting AGW nonsense. You know who you are...
As if anyone sensible imagines that you are a human being !

Nothing ever shows up under your avatar but silly insults and non sequiturs that show that you are nothing but a bunch of pre-recorded foolishness on a computer that is set up to pretend to be conscious.

Decadal-average-temperatures-ls2.jpg

As if anyone sensible imagines that you are a human being !

Nothing ever shows up under your avatar but silly insults and non sequiturs that show that you are nothing but a bunch of pre-recorded foolishness on a computer that is set up to pretend to be conscious.

Decadal-average-temperatures-ls2.jpg

Let me guess.... RED HERRING!

Right? Called didn't I...:clap2:

Sorry flake, no such luck for you. I have some down time tonight, got my reports in early, went to see my son pitch 10-0 win for his High School team, and now I can relax and spank you fakes for a while... No need to thank me, just doing my part to prevent the spread of BS...

And the word is "Denier"...

Go on, try it on for size...

The real global warming will begin in a few billion years when our sun burns the last of it's fuel and swells into a red giant and engulfs the Earth. More likely though we will suffer a collision from an object from the outer reaches of the solar system far sooner than that. The Earth will survive human activity as we are just puny specks of nothing in an infinite violent universe. At some point the Earth will die due to that very nature of the universe as everything does. Our concentration should be to expand our existence off this rock.

I'm informed that the "missing CO2" issue has been solved.

Apparently plant plankton is now absorbing more CO2 than it previously had.

Yeah yeah, I know, it makes little sense to me, either.

OTOH, the rate of mutations in microscopic plants with a life cycle of only a brief period of time might explain it.

More CO2 absorbed in the ocean would mean that those plant plankton which can take advantage of that extra CO2 might be thriving.

Last edited:
Editec -

I haven't heard that. The last I heard scientists were expecting that the deeper ocean would prove to be the smoking gun.

Do you have a link for that?

Apparently plant plankton is now absorbing more CO2 than it previously had.

Yeah yeah, I know, it makes little sense to me, either.

OTOH, the rate of mutations in microscopic plants with a life cycle of only a brief period of time might explain it.

More CO2 absorbed in the ocean would mean that those plant plankton which can take advantage of that extra CO2 might be thriving.

Now if they could only find their missing heat. Good luck with that...finding something that never existed in the first place.

Apparently plant plankton is now absorbing more CO2 than it previously had....

At least, until the increasing acidification of the oceans destroys them?

Make cyanobacteria while the Sun shines -- for tomorrow they die!

Apparently plant plankton is now absorbing more CO2 than it previously had....

At least, until the increasing acidification of the oceans destroys them?

Make cyanobacteria while the Sun shines -- for tomorrow they die!

AAAAHHHHH! WRONG!!!!

The ocean acidification claims have been proven alarmist nonsense. A while ago now. Turns out the life they claimed was in danger by it wasn't and the claimed catastrophic highs of CO2/ocean content were nothing of the kind not even close..

Since the information was released the claims for this have gone silent...

Better update you shtick socko...

Last edited:
'

Thank you for your update, CIA chatterbot. · · :D

No problem socko... Yes I am a CIA robot... You caught me. I was sent here to monitor stupidity and bullshit in the web forum subculture. They specified you as the mastermind of the rash of ignorance plaguing this forum specifically.

It's my duty to stop your ignorance..

Gslack -

If you are going to make claims - be prepared to back them up.

The ocean acidification claims have been proven alarmist nonsense

Either present some solid science which backs this up, or do what an honest person would do and retract the claim.

Between 1751 and 1994 surface ocean pH is estimated to have decreased from approximately 8.25 to 8.14, representing an increase of almost 30% in H+ ion concentration in the world's oceans.

Again - please try and post in coherent English.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back