Climategate U-Turn! Guess what, folks?

Al gore makes a statment

Worse Than We Thought February 12, 2010 : 7:08 PM

More evidence of the climate crisis is unfolding before our eyes. The situation in the Arctic is worse than data from satellite pictures have told us:

"For scientists studying the health of Arctic sea ice, satellite observations are absolutely essential for providing the big picture. It was satellites that revealed in September 2007 a record minimum ice coverage in the region -- the result of a massive summer melt. And it was satellites that showed in 2008 and 2009 the modest recovery of late-summer Arctic ice that suggested to some that the specter of a totally ice-free polar ocean might be somewhat less imminent than feared."

"But those high-altitude observations need occasional reality checks from scientists down on the surface. It was during one such on-the-ground research expedition last fall that David Barber, an Arctic climatologist at the University of Manitoba, got an unwelcome surprise."

"Barber was aboard the Canadian research icebreaker Amundsen, checking on ice in the Beaufort Sea north of Alaska and Western Canada. The ship was well inside a region the satellites said should be choked with thick, multiyear-old ice. "That's pretty much a no-go zone for an icebreaker of the Amundsen's size," says Barber. But the ship kept going, at a brisk 13 knots -- its top speed in open water is 13.7 knots -- and even when it finally reached thick ice, he says, "we could still penetrate it easily.""

"In short, as Barber and his colleagues explain in a recent paper in Geophysical Review Letters, the analysis of what the satellites were seeing was wrong. Some of what satellites identified as thick, melt-resistant multiyear ice turned out to be, in Barber's words, "full of holes, like Swiss cheese. We haven't seen this sort of thing before.""

Al's Journal

Show me PROOF that the polar ice caps are LARGER and THICKER than they were 15 years ago.....I know you CAN'T because no such data exists.......HOWEVER, data DOES exist that shows that polar ice has SHRUNK in both total area covered AND thickness. HMMMM I wonder WHY!?

I wonder why it's RAINING in Toronto Canada? Shouldn't it be SNOWING!!!???

Please tell us what it was like last year? We had record snows north of you last year, and just like the year before. Yet one year is proof positive that it's global warming?

OH OH OH OH NO YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it IS proof positive that record snow fall in DC DISproves global warming. YEAH great argument!!!

Please tell us what it was like last year? We had record snows north of you last year, and just like the year before. Yet one year is proof positive that it's global warming?

OH OH OH OH NO YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it IS proof positive that record snow fall in DC DISproves global warming. YEAH great argument!!!

Please read my post #36, and quit your damn projecting. Grow up, sonny, and quit showing your anger. :lol::lol:

No, that's just us having fun at your expense.

BULLSHIT I have seen NUMEROUS posters who see ONE FUCKING snowflake fall and use it to claim that GW is not real!!!

BULLSHIT I have seen NUMEROUS posters who see ONE FUCKING snowflake fall and use it to claim that GW is not real!!!

Yet, you see a rain storm and infer that it's due to global warming. see the irony?

Show me PROOF that the polar ice caps are LARGER and THICKER than they were 15 years ago.....I know you CAN'T because no such data exists.......HOWEVER, data DOES exist that shows that polar ice has SHRUNK in both total area covered AND thickness. HMMMM I wonder WHY!?

Show me the PROOF the ice caps are smaller now then in the mid 40's after a 20 year heat wave at the caps. Ohh wait you can not because no one has those records. All you have is roughly 30 years worth of records to make ignorant claims with.

Please read my post #36, and quit your damn projecting. Grow up, sonny, and quit showing your anger. :lol::lol:

:eusa_whistle:

You should click the link, below, and read the entire thing, not just these highlights. But for now, the highlights are cool, too:

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

By Jonathan Petre
Last updated at 5:12 PM on 14th February 2010

* Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing
* There has been no global warming since 1995
* Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

Data: [picture caption] Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as it should be' [Do'oh!]

The academic at the centre of the ‘Climategate’ affair, whose raw data is crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble ‘keeping track’ of the information. [DO'OH!]

Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant papers. [Do'oh!]

Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be’. [Duh!]

The data is crucial to the famous ‘hockey stick graph’ used by climate change advocates to support the theory.

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon. [No shit, Sherlock!]

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Mail Online

Highlighting, re-sizing, color and bracketed editorial commentary all mine! :lol:

So...there is no climate change occuring because the dog ate the data? Or this one scientist is disorganized? Did you recently have a stroke?

You should click the link, below, and read the entire thing, not just these highlights. But for now, the highlights are cool, too:

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

By Jonathan Petre
Last updated at 5:12 PM on 14th February 2010

* Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing
* There has been no global warming since 1995
* Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

Data: [picture caption] Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as it should be' [Do'oh!]

The academic at the centre of the ‘Climategate’ affair, whose raw data is crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble ‘keeping track’ of the information. [DO'OH!]

Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant papers. [Do'oh!]

Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be’. [Duh!]

The data is crucial to the famous ‘hockey stick graph’ used by climate change advocates to support the theory.

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon. [No shit, Sherlock!]

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Mail Online

Highlighting, re-sizing, color and bracketed editorial commentary all mine! :lol:

So...there is no climate change occuring because the dog ate the data? Or this one scientist is disorganized? Did you recently have a stroke?

OR, he didn't have the evidence.....you forgot that one, Huggy. You didn't have a stroke recently did you?

Forum List

Back