Clinton: 'I Wouldn't Keep Any School Open That Wasn't Doing A Better Than Average Job'

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Talk about senior moments: Clinton just proved she's even dumber than Obama, who thinks we have 57 states.

Clinton: 'I Wouldn't Keep Any School Open That Wasn't Doing A Better Than Average Job'

Hillary Clinton may be planning to close a lot of schools. At a town hall event today in Keota, Iowa, Clinton said she would keep open "better than average" schools:

"This school district and these schools throughout Iowa are doing a better than average job," Clinton told the crowd. "Now, I wouldn't keep any school open that wasn't doing a better than average job. If a school's not doing a good job, then you know it may not be good for the kids.

"But when you have a district that's doing a good job it seems kind of counterproductive to impose financial burdens on it."

She expects schools to fix screwed up kids who come from messed up parents. Impossible job. But hey blame the teachers for it. Those who cry like the little stupid petty people they are about schools should be willing to sacrifice their pay big time and go into the inner city schools and teach. But they aren't capable.

She expects schools to fix screwed up kids who come from messed up parents. Impossible job. But hey blame the teachers for it. Those who cry like the little stupid petty people they are about schools should be willing to sacrifice their pay big time and go into the inner city schools and teach. But they aren't capable.

Apparently you're as stupid as Clinton. If you close all the schools that are below average, you're going to close half of all schools. Then you'll have a new average, and you have to close half the remaining schools - and so on, and so on, until you have no schools left.

You don't like that you have to pay a few bucks so kids have a school because you shouldn't have to pay for someone else's kid to go to first grade correct? Time to step up, give up you pay for peanuts and teach. I put the blame on the parents 90 percent and schools ten percent.

You don't like that you have to pay a few bucks so kids have a school because you shouldn't have to pay for someone else's kid to go to first grade correct? Time to step up, give up you pay for peanuts and teach. I put the blame on the parents 90 percent and schools ten percent.

All you proved is that you still don't understand what is stupid about what Hillary said.

Apparently you're as stupid as Clinton. If you close all the schools that are below average, you're going to close half of all schools. Then you'll have a new average, and you have to close half the remaining schools - and so on, and so on, until you have no schools left.

Even if you only do it once, you create a huge disaster where probably more than half the children using public schools in this country suddenly have no schools to go to.

And it would be probably be nearly all the black ones.

And no way they would fire that many union teachers.

I am not into Hillary very much, but as a parent who's son just graduated last year, why would you give money to a school that isn't teaching the children?
I know my son's school works their ass off to give the kids a good chance to be successful for college and life.

A teacher can open or close doors for a child's love of learning..I have seen both with his education.

When I posted this same thread elsewhere, I pointed out that her own kid went to a private school.

But, here's the main point - what the hell does a president have to do with schools at all!!! They belong to local school districts. Is she claiming federal authority over schools? Tyranny at its worse.

Yes I do understand. I think what she said was out there and I am no fan of hers. As of now I am sitting this election out. There isn't a viable candidate running right now.

That is the problem with Hill's statement. Someone who failed 6th grade math wants to have total control schools. It is frightening which is scarier, or more depressing

I am not into Hillary very much, but as a parent who's son just graduated last year, why would you give money to a school that isn't teaching the children?
I know my son's school works their ass off to give the kids a good chance to be successful for college and life.

A teacher can open or close doors for a child's love of learning..I have seen both with his education.

Because "below average" would include plenty of schools that ARE teaching the children, as well as they can with the problems that the kids bring to school with them.

Keep in mind "Below Average" would include thousands of schools that just barely fail to be average.

Those schools might need some reform. Or maybe we should address the problems in the outside society that are screwing up the school. But mass closing half the public schools is obviously NOT the answer.

If we want great engineers and scientists becoming teachers then as a nation we are going to have to start paying them what they can make in the private sector.

When I posted this same thread elsewhere, I pointed out that her own kid went to a private school.

But, here's the main point - what the hell does a president have to do with schools at all!!! They belong to local school districts. Is she claiming federal authority over schools? Tyranny at its worse.
U.S. Department of Education Budget Office

ED currently administers a budget of $67.1 billion in discretionary appropriations (including discretionary Pell Grant funding) and operates programs that touch on every area and level of education. The Department's elementary and secondary programs annually serve nearly 16,900 school districts and approximately 50 million students attending more than 98,000 public schools and 28,000 private schools. Department programs also provide grant, loan, and work-study assistance to more than 13 million postsecondary students.

How do you know they are not teaching? The children aren't learning. That old saying about leading a horse to water applies.

If we want great engineers and scientists becoming teachers then as a nation we are going to have to start paying them what they can make in the private sector.

There are certainly steps that could be taken to improve the schools.

Like ending TRuacy laws.

BUT the primary cause of our poor education outcomes is the massive dysfunction at home, ie high levels of Illegitimacy making it nearly impossible for the ONE parent to be able to mentor their children effectively.

How do you know they are not teaching? The children aren't learning. That old saying about leading a horse to water applies.

Right-o~ Star testing is a big deal to see how the children are learning.

Sounds conservative

No, it doesn't.

Now, if she said, close those schools and give the parents the money in voucher forms to shop for good private schools....

YOu might be getting to a viable conservative policy.

Better yet if you start at the bottom 5%, not HALF.

Because "below average" would include plenty of schools that ARE teaching the children, as well as they can with the problems that the kids bring to school with them.

Keep in mind "Below Average" would include thousands of schools that just barely fail to be average.

Those schools might need some reform. Or maybe we should address the problems in the outside society that are screwing up the school. But mass closing half the public schools is obviously NOT the answer.

Hopefully if they see a school that is struggling in that case , hopefully they take it into consideration. Some teachers are so gifted they can reach the struggling kids with a bad home experience..

Exactly WHAT Authority would she use to close said schools? Executive Authority?

Some Americans will just believe anything wont they?

Forum List

Back