Clinton to call for at least 20 days of early voting nationwide

She's entitled to her opinion, but it's up to the States to run their elections.
Up to a point. In your state they try and keep people from voting, which is why the Feds are still keeping an eye on them.

No they don't 10 days early voting is fine, I've never waited more than a couple of minutes to vote.
You can say it all you like but it wouldn't be in the courts with the Feds watching if the GOP, who runs Texas, wanted everyone to vote, which they very much don't.

Only thing in the courts in on voter ID which has already been upheld in other States by the supremes and will be in TX. In fact it's already in place and has been since the last midterms.

Clinton to call for at least 20 days of early voting nationwide - The Washington Post

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton plans to call for an early voting period of at least 20 days in every state.

Clinton will call for that standard in remarks Thursday in Texas about voting rights, her campaign said. She will also criticize what her campaign calls deliberate restrictions on voting in several states, including Texas.

The former secretary of state's address at historically-black Texas Southern University in Houston comes as Democrats pursue legal challenges to voting rule changes approved by Republican legislatures in several states.

Clinton and her allies claim the changes are aimed at narrowing the electorate in ways that benefit Republicans.

“This is, I think, a moment when we should be expanding the franchise,” Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta said in an interview. “What we see in state after state is this effort by conservatives to restrict the right to vote.”

Once again, Clinton acts, which will force the GOP to react.

This has been going on for quite a while, now.

Discuss. Is this a good idea, or a bad one?

Democratic candidate Clinton is talking about a 20-day early voting period NATIONALLY.

Why? Is Election Day a secret?

She's entitled to her opinion, but it's up to the States to run their elections.
Up to a point. In your state they try and keep people from voting, which is why the Feds are still keeping an eye on them.

No they don't 10 days early voting is fine, I've never waited more than a couple of minutes to vote.
You can say it all you like but it wouldn't be in the courts with the Feds watching if the GOP, who runs Texas, wanted everyone to vote, which they very much don't.

Only thing in the courts in on voter ID which has already been upheld in other States by the supremes and will be in TX. In fact it's already in place and has been since the last midterms.
I am aware of what is in the courts, and what it is designed to do, keep poor people from voting for Dems.

My Dad cast his last vote from a wheelchair so I have absolutely no fucking sympathy for slackers who can't make it to the polling booth at the appointed time

My Dad cast his last vote from a wheelchair so I have absolutely no fucking sympathy for slackers who can't make it to the polling booth at the appointed time

Twenty more days of annoying Robo calls and Political TV commercials, hell they'd be on steroids.

Use that alone against Clinton and she'd be toast

it's a great idea that's why the cons hate it
the states ploy is only used by them when they are getting their ass handed to them or afraid they will.

I concur with you on this point.

See, even you can write something halfway sane now and then, if only you put some elbow grease into it!

Bravo!

Clinton to call for at least 20 days of early voting nationwide - The Washington Post

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton plans to call for an early voting period of at least 20 days in every state.

Clinton will call for that standard in remarks Thursday in Texas about voting rights, her campaign said. She will also criticize what her campaign calls deliberate restrictions on voting in several states, including Texas.

The former secretary of state's address at historically-black Texas Southern University in Houston comes as Democrats pursue legal challenges to voting rule changes approved by Republican legislatures in several states.

Clinton and her allies claim the changes are aimed at narrowing the electorate in ways that benefit Republicans.

“This is, I think, a moment when we should be expanding the franchise,” Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta said in an interview. “What we see in state after state is this effort by conservatives to restrict the right to vote.”

Once again, Clinton acts, which will force the GOP to react.

This has been going on for quite a while, now.

Discuss. Is this a good idea, or a bad one?

Democratic candidate Clinton is talking about a 20-day early voting period NATIONALLY.

Republicans counter by offering a voting window of 45 minutes

...in the next county...

The call by Hillary for expanded election fraud has already been posted in the "New Hillary Crimes" thread.

it's a great idea that's why the cons hate it
the states ploy is only used by them when they are getting their ass handed to them or afraid they will.

You must enjoy Robo calls. 20 freaking days of political ads on steroids will cause 50% higher suicide rates!!!!!

The way Hillary's going, even 20 weeks aren't going to save her ample ass.

OMG. STOP THE WORLD

the QUEEN SPOKE TO US AND she thinks she can DEMAND the states to kiss her ass because SHE THINKS we should have blaaa blaaa blaaa blaaaa blaaaaa

Forum List

Back