CNN: 80% of Americans Saw Trump Speech As 'Positive'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
I guess that means 20% of the nation are a bunch of butt-hurt snowflakes...

upload_2017-3-1_14-16-31.jpeg

CNN Poll: 4 out of 5 Americans Saw Trump Speech as 'Positive'

"A CNN poll of Americans who watched President Donald Trump’s first address to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday evening showed that nearly four out of five had a “positive reaction” to the speech

In addition, 69% of viewers thought that the speech “would move the country in the right direction" (As opposed to where Obama had us going...)

Last edited:
I'm amazed at how many lib reporters are saying positive things about Trump after the speech.

I am disgusted with the behavior of the Dems for not showing respect for police or military. They must have decided beforehand to show disrespect no matter what was said. I guess it's too much to expect them to listen or behave like adults.

I guess that means 20% of the nation are a bunch of butt-hurt snowflakes...

View attachment 114857

CNN Poll: 4 out of 5 Americans Saw Trump Speech as 'Positive'

"A CNN poll of Americans who watched President Donald Trump’s first address to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday evening showed that nearly four out of five had a “positive reaction” to the speech

In addition, 69% of viewers thought that the speech “would move the country in the right direction" (As opposed to where Obama had us going...)

Most of the 20% are in states that legalized marijuana and they didn't know there was a speech. That leaves the small percent of big mouth radicals who are keeping up the riots in the streets.

I guess CNN is not fake news for today at least but it shouldn't be to long before their Trump bashing starts up again.
I have to admit at this point that I do not put much stock in polls, as their results can so easily be manipulated to say whatever they want, but if CNN says it, it must be true. :p

I'm amazed at how many lib reporters are saying positive things about Trump after the speech.

I am disgusted with the behavior of the Dems for not showing respect for police or military. They must have decided beforehand to show disrespect no matter what was said. I guess it's too much to expect them to listen or behave like adults.

Are you under orders to lie?

Trump quoting Lincoln on protectionism, and Eisenhower on infrastructure probably makes a lot of liberals slightly more optimistic.

Then again, who in their right mind believes anything Trump says from one day to the next?

I guess CNN is not fake news for today at least but it shouldn't be to long before their Trump bashing starts up again.

Aha, so it's only fake news if it's negative about Trump.

That means you think Trump can do no wrong, which makes you a fine little cult member.
I bet you don't even begin to see the irony in that response especially from some who worshipped at the temple of Obama for eight years.

That means you think Trump can do no wrong, which makes you a fine little cult member.
I bet you don't even begin to see the irony in that response especially from some who worshipped at the temple of Obama for eight years.

lol, I haven't forgotten how much you RWnuts RIDICULED Obama for making good speeches.

Why aren't you ridiculing Trump for the same?

"While the 57% who said they had a very positive reaction to Trump's speech outpaces the marks received by his predecessor for any of his recent State of the Union addresses, they fell below the reviews either Barack Obama or George W. Bush received for either of their initial addresses to Congress. In 2009, 68% had a very positive reaction to Obama, while 66% gave Bush very positive reviews in 2001. Likewise, the 69% of speech-watchers who thought Trump's policies would move the nation in the right direction lagged behind the share who felt that way about Obama's or Bush's policies in the first year, and ranks around their low-marks on this score. Obama's low-mark on that score was 68% last year and his high was 88% in 2009. Bush topped out at 91% in 2002 and hit a low mark of 67% in the final year of his presidency."
7 in 10 Speech-Watchers Say Trump Boosted Optimism - CNNPolitics.com

Oh and they point out:

"People who choose to watch a political speech such as this one tend to be more supportive of the speaker. In this case, the pool of speech-watchers was about eight points more Republican than the population as a whole."

Breitphart is Yellow Journalism.

No but you sure seem to be.

Progressives/Democrats are in full meltdown! They were panning the speech before it was delivered hoping for a raucous, "campaign" speech from President Donald Trump.

Instead, they got a thoughtful, heartfelt speech even the honest far left Progressives had to say was a great speech that introduced the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

"While the 57% who said they had a very positive reaction to Trump's speech outpaces the marks received by his predecessor for any of his recent State of the Union addresses, they fell below the reviews either Barack Obama or George W. Bush received for either of their initial addresses to Congress. In 2009, 68% had a very positive reaction to Obama, while 66% gave Bush very positive reviews in 2001. Likewise, the 69% of speech-watchers who thought Trump's policies would move the nation in the right direction lagged behind the share who felt that way about Obama's or Bush's policies in the first year, and ranks around their low-marks on this score. Obama's low-mark on that score was 68% last year and his high was 88% in 2009. Bush topped out at 91% in 2002 and hit a low mark of 67% in the final year of his presidency."
7 in 10 Speech-Watchers Say Trump Boosted Optimism - CNNPolitics.com

Oh and they point out:

"People who choose to watch a political speech such as this one tend to be more supportive of the speaker. In this case, the pool of speech-watchers was about eight points more Republican than the population as a whole."

Breitphart is Yellow Journalism.

ecbadf46-aefd-4dd3-a939-36afabdf4f42_zpsyxsoyfds.png

Forum List

Back