CNN poll shows support for Obamacare down to 39%

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Gee, fewer people are supporting Obamacare. I guess people are finally realizing what a train wreck it is. I bet some people expected free or cheap healthcare. Instead they are finding out that they have to pay hefty premiums or face an "unnecessary tax."

Now, SCOTUS upheld Obamacare because it was a tax. They would not have upheld it if it were simply a matter of forcing people to participate in commerce, since government does not have the right to force us to do that. Obamacare itself is not the tax, rather the penalty for not purchasing it is, as the current ads call it, an unnecessary tax. Yet, the penalty "tax" was not passed in the house, as our constitution requires. It sure took a lot of lies to pass and uphold Obamacare.

So, Obama tells the people it's not a tax. He tells SCOTUS it is a tax. Obamacare is not a tax, but merely forcing people to participate in commerce, which is unconstitutional. However, government is allowed to punish us by way of a fine which arbitrarily called a tax.

If Obama had the courage to take questions from real reporters, he would be pressed on this and asked to explain how it can be a tax and not a tax at the same time and how taxes can now be used as punishment for citizens who do not obey government.

I don't think it is sitting well with the majority of the country that congress, the president, the IRS and unions want out of this. Only a crooked salesman will sell something to people that he would never use himself. Shame that lemon laws don't apply to hair brained government policies.

Is it any wonder it's losing support? The more you know, the less you like Obamacare.

CNN Poll: Support for Obamacare Drops Below 40%

Well what we have now ain't so great, why ambulance chasers sue the second a medicine is released or operation is performed.
Doctors want 200 + an hour to work and most are incompetent.

I think that what's really sickening is that we are the only western nation in which its citizens can go into bankruptcy because of health care needed and received.
Since corporate America doesn't want to contribute, it's long overdue to have a national health care system. You walk into a medical facility and not pay out of pocket, just higher taxes to cover it.

Fortunately I have the VA to fall back on.But I have known people that have lost everything over medical bills, and some policies do not cover all costs of a major health problem.

Healthcare costs every single person living in the US approximately $700,000 over their lifetime. That is half of the lifetime earnings of many people. If you want to know what is wrong, take a long hard look at those numbers.

Tell me. Do you really want OUR GOVT in charge of your HC?? Seriously??

Our Govt that has never run anything cheaply or well in charge of YOUR HC??

Good God. What a horror show that would be.

Last edited:
Gee, fewer people are supporting Obamacare. I guess people are finally realizing what a train wreck it is. I bet some people expected free or cheap healthcare. Instead they are finding out that they have to pay hefty premiums or face an "unnecessary tax."

Now, SCOTUS upheld Obamacare because it was a tax. They would not have upheld it if it were simply a matter of forcing people to participate in commerce, since government does not have the right to force us to do that. Obamacare itself is not the tax, rather the penalty for not purchasing it is, as the current ads call it, an unnecessary tax. Yet, the penalty "tax" was not passed in the house, as our constitution requires. It sure took a lot of lies to pass and uphold Obamacare.

So, Obama tells the people it's not a tax. He tells SCOTUS it is a tax. Obamacare is not a tax, but merely forcing people to participate in commerce, which is unconstitutional. However, government is allowed to punish us by way of a fine which arbitrarily called a tax.

If Obama had the courage to take questions from real reporters, he would be pressed on this and asked to explain how it can be a tax and not a tax at the same time and how taxes can now be used as punishment for citizens who do not obey government.

I don't think it is sitting well with the majority of the country that congress, the president, the IRS and unions want out of this. Only a crooked salesman will sell something to people that he would never use himself. Shame that lemon laws don't apply to hair brained government policies.

Is it any wonder it's losing support? The more you know, the less you like Obamacare.

CNN Poll: Support for Obamacare Drops Below 40%

To bad the voters in the last election didn't remember how much they hated Obamacare.

They re-elected that jackass and put a period to any way to get rid of this POS bill.

We are now stuck with it and if anyone thinks its going to be cheaper or better then they are living in la la land.

There is absolutely nothing in this POS bill that addresses costs. They THINK the exchanges will be cheaper. I'm sure it will for those we taxpayer will be forced to "subsidize." Everyone else will be paying more.

Obama And Congressional Support

He wants Congressional Support to Punish Syria.

(ObamaCare became law when the Dems had a majority in both houses.)

At this point in time, he will not get Congress to support Obamacare. Their constituents have made it very clear that they do not want it.

Forum List

Back