CO Business Says Screw It, We’re Reopening

God Bless him. America is on the brink of revolution, will our government learn or go King George and dig their heels in?

Sedalia knife shop owner Hal Van Herke on Tuesday posted a Declaration of Business Independence on Facebook saying he would reopen CastleGate Knife and Tool Tuesday in defiance of Governor Polis’ stay-at-home order.

Van Herke’s declaration says in part:

“WHEREAS: Small businesses have carried the burden of this effort more heavily than special interests, large corporations and major banks who once again received preferential treatment and largess from the Federal Government at the further cost of small business tax payers, and

WHEREAS: Non-essential Government, Academic, and Corporate staff continue to remain unconscionably fully paid at the same time that Small Business, the Self Employed and the Unemployed suffer, and

WHEREAS: Our attempts at petition and righteous redress, to Our Government has fallen on uncaring ears, and in some cases has been actively suppressed, and

WHEREAS: We refuse to become second-class citizens, beholden to the entitled class for our safety, freedom, and wellbeing, and

WHEREAS: We have the ability to operate our business in such a manner as to reduce and mitigate the risk to our Community, Customers, and Staff, and to adjust operations in a responsible and balanced manner commensurate with local conditions.”
Good for him! It's hard to believe this happened in the heavily Dem-infested state of Colorado.

I live in the most Red area in the state. Newsflash, Bucky: Most people support the long term closure and distancing here. Only "The Party of the Rump" wants to go in the direction of opening up things too early just because some fruitcake wants to.

You're full of it.... The whole country is going back to work.... It's happening here in Massachusetts.

Jo

No it isn't. You have towns like Chelsea and Revere where the virus is growing like bunnies mating...constantly. You have a Republican governor who I have to say is handling this disaster well. I'm a Independent and I'd vote for the guy over any Democrat opponent.
Charlie Baker explains why Massachusetts hasn’t considered lifting coronavirus shutdown orders yet
I didn't say it was with his permission.I work in Revere..... Still going strong.

Jo
Revere is no joke. Tough area.
Yeah....it is.

Jo

How dare someone question the gov't.

He would make a good Brit. Maybe Tommy's boyfriend.
You can question the government all you want. Breaking laws is breaking laws.

Wow..... totalitarians are coming out.

Oh btw..... Fuck you

Jo

Hey asshole. We're just trying to get through this in one piece. It would be easier if we didn't have to constantly stop people like you from drinking bleach but you can't choose your family, so to speak.
Making more friends I see. I had the virus. It’s overrated. It has killed the economy. That is true.

Why the hell would I want your opinion on the virus?
Why the hell would you not want it?

Because you’re not very smart.
Opinions vary. 94% of deaths consist of those with at least one preexisting condition. I had none. Survived COVID. Never missed a day of work. Pretty smart in my book. But you’re entitled to your Leftist and deranged opinion. So you stated the ad Hominem battle. Get ready to cry.
Having the virus does not impart any superior knowledge. It does not make you smart.

You’re an easy target for manipulation, like how you believe internet conspiracies about the virus being engineered in a lab.
Bullshit. See now you’re stupid again. Not a surprise. I stay in excellent physical shape to fight off potential diseases. Voila! You’re fat and probably have asthma so you should be very careful. Boo!

Good lord. You just sound like a parody of yourself.
You’re dodging. You’re a lonely old man who has wasted his life and are lashing out by calling more successful people dumb and or privileged. You are the epitome of weak sauce. Pathetic

Im younger than you and more successful than you and did so without the privileges you were born with.

You sound extremely insecure, otherwise you wouldn’t be constantly trying to impress me.

God Bless him. America is on the brink of revolution, will our government learn or go King George and dig their heels in?

Sedalia knife shop owner Hal Van Herke on Tuesday posted a Declaration of Business Independence on Facebook saying he would reopen CastleGate Knife and Tool Tuesday in defiance of Governor Polis’ stay-at-home order.

“WHEREAS: Small businesses have carried the burden of this effort more heavily than special interests, large corporations and major banks who once again received preferential treatment and largess from the Federal Government at the further cost of small business tax payers, and

WHEREAS: Non-essential Government, Academic, and Corporate staff continue to remain unconscionably fully paid at the same time that Small Business, the Self Employed and the Unemployed suffer, and

WHEREAS: Our attempts at petition and righteous redress, to Our Government has fallen on uncaring ears, and in some cases has been actively suppressed, and

WHEREAS: We refuse to become second-class citizens, beholden to the entitled class for our safety, freedom, and wellbeing, and

WHEREAS: We have the ability to operate our business in such a manner as to reduce and mitigate the risk to our Community, Customers, and Staff, and to adjust operations in a responsible and balanced manner commensurate with local conditions.”

Interesting. So some "patriot" declares his own manifesto and defies the instructions of the government assigned to oversee the general public good.

Don't you right wingers refer to that as sedition? :)
Right wingers don't like government overreach...never have. Sedition? I can live with that.

Yet the right wing uses the courts and legislation to reach into just about every facet of the average citizens life to impose their values and belief systems.
So the courts must be stacked with conservatives and all citizens must conform to the belief systems of white heterosexual Christians?

Cause that's pretty much what we are down to.
You mean to Conserve the values we've had for 200 years?

That's what Conservative do.

Except Conservatives....haven't "conserved" anything. Not my money. Not the environment. Not my safety. Not an individuals right to choose.
There are no real conservatives left. They've been replaced by the Tea Party=>Trump Supporters=>Astroturfers.

Oh btw..... Fuck you

Jo

Hey asshole. We're just trying to get through this in one piece. It would be easier if we didn't have to constantly stop people like you from drinking bleach but you can't choose your family, so to speak.
Making more friends I see. I had the virus. It’s overrated. It has killed the economy. That is true.

Opinions vary. 94% of deaths consist of those with at least one preexisting condition. I had none. Survived COVID. Never missed a day of work. Pretty smart in my book. But you’re entitled to your Leftist and deranged opinion. So you stated the ad Hominem battle. Get ready to cry.
Having the virus does not impart any superior knowledge. It does not make you smart.

You’re an easy target for manipulation, like how you believe internet conspiracies about the virus being engineered in a lab.
Bullshit. See now you’re stupid again. Not a surprise. I stay in excellent physical shape to fight off potential diseases. Voila! You’re fat and probably have asthma so you should be very careful. Boo!

You’re dodging. You’re a lonely old man who has wasted his life and are lashing out by calling more successful people dumb and or privileged. You are the epitome of weak sauce. Pathetic

Im younger than you and more successful than you and did so without the privileges you were born with.

You sound extremely insecure, otherwise you wouldn’t be constantly trying to impress me.
Privileges? Son of immigrants who didn’t speak the language? How old are you? How are you more successful? You earn less and you don’t even have a family. You’re nuts.

Except Conservatives....haven't "conserved" anything. Not my money. Not the environment. Not my safety. Not an individuals right to choose.
There are no real conservatives left. They've been replaced by the Tea Party=>Trump Supporters=>Astroturfers.
Well...that's one opinion.

I live in a beautiful state. I make a comfortable living. I have my rights. The unborn have a pretty good shot at making it. Don't they have rights too? I can open or conceal carry. The state just renewed a statewide soil and water tax by statewide vote. We even overturned a right to work lawby state referendum...in one of the Redest states in the union. We are keeping Wuhan Virus managed and the state is scheduled to reopen May 1st.

I'm relatively happy...considering the circumstances.

So...perhaps the problem is yours and not conservatives.

Oh btw..... Fuck you

Jo

Privileges? Son of immigrants who didn’t speak the language? How old are you? How are you more successful? You earn less and you don’t even have a family. You’re nuts.
Don’t pretend your parents struggle was your struggle. I wasn’t born to rich or highly educated parents.

How much do you make a year? 100-200k? Hope this economy hasn’t whacked you too bad.

There’s nothing just about a pandemic. One person’s selfish actions can harm many innocents.
Yes, the governors selfish acts are destroying thousands of lives

But I though you patriots believed in states rights? Are you now saying that the states don't have a right to decide their policies?

And the citizens of those states have the right to protest them.
Protest sure.

Violate them?

Dr.King and others did such a thing. They were arrested quite hastily For it too. In your opinion...shouldn’t those who violate these current ordinances be

Only God knows the day we die. Open the economy up. This is a hoax pushed by Power Mad Globalists.

The numbers were far overinflated. Just testing New York and finding 2.7 Million had it revises the mortality rate at just 1/2 of a percent.

No deadlier than the flu.

Including my neighbor. He expects to lose his business, his house, and his life savings.

Believe me, I feel terrible about that. I have two friends who are small business owners that are in the same boat. Has your friend gotten militant with his creditors? My friends did. And after much phone jockeying and permanent earpiece impressions, it has largely worked for them. I know the whole SBL thing is a nightmare right now but in the end whether it's the left or right, I think they'll do the right thing. No one wants to see this regardless of political leanings. But if things are opened back up too soon, people who go back to work get infected and then aren't able to work. Self defeating at the least.

Let people get sick and update their immunity, and then let those who die thin out the herd.

Update their immunity? Is that like going to the DMV and updating your drivers license?
Sounds like what you are really saying young or old is, 'They are Acceptable Losses".

Only God knows the day we die. Open the economy up. This is a hoax pushed by Power Mad Globalists.

The numbers were far overinflated. Just testing New York and finding 2.7 Million had it revises the mortality rate at just 1/2 of a percent.

This is no different than Russian Collusion
Ukraine Confusion

And now we have Virus Delusion

Acceptable Losses. Whoever dies...dies. Some of you may die, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. :)
MAGA..MAWA......yeah...MASA.

Oh btw..... Fuck you

Jo

Don’t pretend your parents struggle was your struggle. I wasn’t born to rich or highly educated parents.

How much do you make a year? 100-200k? Hope this economy hasn’t whacked you too bad.
Except it was. I could not afford to live in Brookline making that $$$. Doesn’t matter as you won’t believe me anyway. I work in management consulting and I Banking. Figure it out, Leftist. What do you do? LOL. The economy on a downturn can be beneficial but it sucks because the work is not as fun.

Including my neighbor. He expects to lose his business, his house, and his life savings.

Believe me, I feel terrible about that. I have two friends who are small business owners that are in the same boat. Has your friend gotten militant with his creditors? My friends did. And after much phone jockeying and permanent earpiece impressions, it has largely worked for them. I know the whole SBL thing is a nightmare right now but in the end whether it's the left or right, I think they'll do the right thing. No one wants to see this regardless of political leanings. But if things are opened back up too soon, people who go back to work get infected and then aren't able to work. Self defeating at the least.

Let people get sick and update their immunity, and then let those who die thin out the herd.

Update their immunity? Is that like going to the DMV and updating your drivers license?
Sounds like what you are really saying young or old is, 'They are Acceptable Losses".

This is no different than Russian Collusion
Ukraine Confusion

And now we have Virus Delusion

Acceptable Losses. Whoever dies...dies. Some of you may die, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. :)
MAGA..MAWA......yeah...MASA.
94% of deaths = people with preexisting conditions. So you want to punish 99% of the population to protect 1%? OK

Interesting. So some "patriot" declares his own manifesto and defies the instructions of the government assigned to oversee the general public good.

Don't you right wingers refer to that as sedition? :)

The question is how long do you want the economy to stay closed?

The Government of Colorado will either force the person to close and the person might settle this in court and could win or lose...

But

When it is all over and the virus is still around should we keep the economy closed forever to make you feel safe or just after the November Elections?

Oh btw..... Fuck you

Jo

Except it was. I could not afford to live in Brookline making that $$$. Doesn’t matter as you won’t believe me anyway. I work in management consulting and I Banking. Figure it out, Leftist. What do you do? LOL. The economy on a downturn can be beneficial but it sucks because the work is not as fun.

You aren’t an immigrant. You didn’t move here without speaking he language. They did. Not you

The number one predictor of socioeconomic status is the wealth of one’s parents. Being born to successful parents granted you privileges. That’s not an opinion. That’s what the data shows.

How many employees do you have?

A constitution gives people the right to abolish a government if it does not meet the people’s expectations. As written in the Constitution, “whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.”

1587786039870.png

Oh btw..... Fuck you

Jo

You aren’t an immigrant. You didn’t move here without speaking he language. They did. Not you

The number one predictor of socioeconomic status is the wealth of one’s parents. Being born to successful parents granted you privileges. That’s not an opinion. That’s what the data shows.

How many employees do you have?
Who said they were wealthy? By the time they became “wealthy” I was in college. I grew up in a two bedroom apartment most of my life. Why the 20 questions? You share zero about yourself. One way conversations don’t work.

defies the instructions of the government assigned to oversee the general public good.

It doesn't affect my good and I'm very much a member of the public.

He's free to open his business, you're free not to patronize it.

He's free to open his business? Has he talked to his insurance company? They may cancel his insurance if he opens.

Forum List

Back