CO Business Says Screw It, We’re Reopening

Bill is 56 years old. 40% of the deaths are men over 50. Covid goes for men first. He's free to take his chances, but he's not free to infect anyone else whose chances might be worse than his. Self-quarantine isn't to keep YOU safe. It's to keep ALL of us safe.

So be a selfish asshole. But don't expect this to go well for you. You've not as invincible as you think. Being a good looking white guy doesn't give you any privilege here.

Bill is 56 years old. 40% of the deaths are men over 50. Covid goes for men first. He's free to take his chances, but he's not free to infect anyone else whose chances might be worse than his. Self-quarantine isn't to keep YOU safe. It's to keep ALL of us safe.

So be a selfish asshole. But don't expect this to go well for you. You've not as invincible as you think. Being a good looking white guy doesn't give you any privilege here.
He's not infecting anyone if he doesn't have it dumbass

94% of deaths = those with at least one preexisting condition. Relax snowflake and you’re not an American sorry about Canada.

defies the instructions of the government assigned to oversee the general public good.

It doesn't affect my good and I'm very much a member of the public.

He's free to open his business, you're free not to patronize it.

He's free to open his business? Has he talked to his insurance company? They may cancel his insurance if he opens.
How can the legally do that and why would they?

So he doesn't get fucking sued when someone gets sick.

His business has to carry public liability insurance. When he breaks the law, he voids his insurance coverage. If he's operating illegally and someone get's hurt the insurance company will void his policy for being in violation of the law. All business insurance requires to that business be fully licensed and operating in compliance with all laws, by-laws and licensing requirements.

If someone comes into his store and gets sick, and is left with long term damage to their heart, and can't work any more, imagine the amount of money that person could win in a court case.

But by all means. Declare independence. Open your knife store. But this is not likely to end well for the store owner. Remember the Ministers who were going to hold services. One in the South died,, and the guy in Florida lost his insurance.

I'm firmly convinced these ministers who are insisting on live services are doing so for the collection plates. Most churches are live streaming their services to keep parishoners safe. Many churches don't have a lot of money, and it takes a shocking amount of money to pay for your building, utilities and maintenance, and a salary for the minister. I know that a lot of churches are just barely hanging on and getting those dollars every Sunday are needed just to pay the bills.

I can't imagine any other reason why they so stubbornly cling to live services, knowing the risks. It has to be for the cash.

How does he know he doesn't have it if a large percentage of those who have it won't know without being tested? How does he know the people coming into his store don't have it? How do his customers know? The kind of person who open their store in defiance of the law, doesn't strike me as someone who is going to have taken care not to get infected before he decided to defy the law.

82% of American support the stay at home orders. This support is by-partisan. Republicans want these orders to stay in place just as much as Democrats. Nobody believes Donald Trump knows what he's doing.

50,000 people have died. 85,000 have recovered. More than 750,000 are now known to be sick, despite less than 2% of the American population has been tested. Based on the current rate of death, it's possible more than 250,000 of those currently sick, could die, based on the current rate of deaths among closed cases.

And that's just if there were to be no more new cases after today. The USA will hit 1,000,000 cases sometime this weekend, and 60,000 deaths before the end of this month. There is no sign that either the new cases or the deaths are slowing down. While New York is going down, cases in the mid-west in meat packing plants, prisons, and nursing homes, are picking up the slack.

Trump is denying responsibility and trying to pick fights with everyone. The States can't do this alone. No one is driving the ship. Trump just views the whole pandemic as an opportunity to profit from the disaster.

How does he know he doesn't have it if a large percentage of those who have it won't know without being tested? How does he know the people coming into his store don't have it? How do his customers know? The kind of person who open their store in defiance of the law, doesn't strike me as someone who is going to have taken care not to get infected before he decided to defy the law.

82% of American support the stay at home orders. This support is by-partisan. Republicans want these orders to stay in place just as much as Democrats. Nobody believes Donald Trump knows what he's doing.

50,000 people have died. 85,000 have recovered. More than 750,000 are now known to be sick, despite less than 2% of the American population has been tested. Based on the current rate of death, it's possible more than 250,000 of those currently sick, could die, based on the current rate of deaths among closed cases.

And that's just if there were to be no more new cases after today. The USA will hit 1,000,000 cases sometime this weekend, and 60,000 deaths before the end of this month. There is no sign that either the new cases or the deaths are slowing down. While New York is going down, cases in the mid-west in meat packing plants, prisons, and nursing homes, are picking up the slack.

Trump is denying responsibility and trying to pick fights with everyone. The States can't do this alone. No one is driving the ship. Trump just views the whole pandemic as an opportunity to profit from the disaster.
How do you know he does....you assume

defies the instructions of the government assigned to oversee the general public good.

He's free to open his business? Has he talked to his insurance company? They may cancel his insurance if he opens.

His business has to carry public liability insurance. When he breaks the law, he voids his insurance coverage. If he's operating illegally and someone get's hurt the insurance company will void his policy for being in violation of the law. All business insurance requires to that business be fully licensed and operating in compliance with all laws, by-laws and licensing requirements.

If someone comes into his store and gets sick, and is left with long term damage to their heart, and can't work any more, imagine the amount of money that person could win in a court case.

But by all means. Declare independence. Open your knife store. But this is not likely to end well for the store owner. Remember the Ministers who were going to hold services. One in the South died,, and the guy in Florida lost his insurance.

I'm firmly convinced these ministers who are insisting on live services are doing so for the collection plates. Most churches are live streaming their services to keep parishoners safe. Many churches don't have a lot of money, and it takes a shocking amount of money to pay for your building, utilities and maintenance, and a salary for the minister. I know that a lot of churches are just barely hanging on and getting those dollars every Sunday are needed just to pay the bills.

I can't imagine any other reason why they so stubbornly cling to live services, knowing the risks. It has to be for the cash.
Blah blah blah blah. You’re not an American. Every scientific model has been wrong and how would the employee prove where they got sick? 99% of the illnesses are non life threatening. I do not care about $$$ you evil troll. My kids are done with school for year, done with sports for the year, my niece had to postpone here wedding for the year and it’s all good except we don’t have an end game in sight. We just keep kicking the can down the road in order to save phantom lives. Or are we just prolonging the inevitable that eventually most if not all will get this virus. I got It and I have had much worse. We are upending people’s lives on theories and hunches. So save me your preaching, you hate filled witch.

From now on the "new normal" is going to the open stores "at your own risk".

If you get sick with the virus because you went to an open restaurant, then you are on you own. You have health insurance then, great. If you don't, do not blame the government.

Do you want to go to a football game? fine, but "at your own risk".

I think the "new normal" is fair.

Blah blah blah blah. You’re not an American. Every scientific model has been wrong and how would the employee prove where they got sick? 99% of the illnesses are non life threatening. I do not care about $$$ you evil troll. My kids are done with school for year, done with sports for the year, my niece had to postpone here wedding for the year and it’s all good except we don’t have an end game in sight. We just keep kicking the can down the road in order to save phantom lives. Or are we just prolonging the inevitable that eventually most if not all will get this virus. I got It and I have had much worse. We are upending people’s lives on theories and hunches. So save me your preaching, you hate filled witch.

Phantom lives?

that was almost as dumb as you saying testing wasn’t important.

You're just throwing out shit and hoping something sticks.

How do you know that the scientific models are wrong? This is not over. Your case numbers are still rising, as are the number of daily deaths. You have 750,000 seriously ill patients in the country, and 52,000 people have already died. That'll be 60,000 by Tuesday. Every day another 50,000 people test positive for this virus, and the "active cases" continue to rise.

82% of American DON'T want the restrictions lifted. Republicans, Democrats, doesn't matter. The smart people want to shut the economy down until there is testing, PPE's, and they can return to work safely. The nations with the lowest rates of death are the nations which are testing early and testing often.

In the USA there is a huge rush to profit off of testing, but there is no rush to get testing for the sake of public health. Unless and until you get a handle on the virus and shut it down, you will never be able to open your economy. People will continue to sicken and die, and sensible people will continue to stay at home and only go out when necessary.

You don't have an end game in sight, because you don't have a plan to battle the pandemic. You have 50 state governors with no pandemic experience making this up as they go along with little to no guidance from Washington. On top of which Trump is a fucking incompetent and dangerous person to have in charge of this fiasco.

Until we trust that we can safely leave our homes, we won't do it, for one simple reason: We're not stupid.

Now you can rant, and you can rave, and you can carry on about your rights, but until you sit down, shut up, and stay the fuck at home, people will not heed your pleas to reopen the economy. Trump has lied to people too many times, and with such catastrophic results that he has lost all credibility.

How dare someone question the gov't.

He would make a good Brit. Maybe Tommy's boyfriend.
You can question the government all you want. Breaking laws is breaking laws.

Our nation was conceived by protesting and they broke laws they believed were unjust and they paid the price.

You have a right to protest just like they did against the Vietnam War, just like they did for gay marriage, just like they did for Occupy Wall Street, just like they did for Black Lives Matter, just like they did for Antifa, just like they did when Trump was elected. You are absolutely allowed to protest however you must face the consequences of protesting.

This is why you are a Regressive and not a liberal. Liberals don’t question the right to protest, they may disagree with the cause, however they have always defended the right to question and protest.

God Bless him. America is on the brink of revolution, will our government learn or go King George and dig their heels in?

Sedalia knife shop owner Hal Van Herke on Tuesday posted a Declaration of Business Independence on Facebook saying he would reopen CastleGate Knife and Tool Tuesday in defiance of Governor Polis’ stay-at-home order.

Van Herke’s declaration says in part:

“WHEREAS: Small businesses have carried the burden of this effort more heavily than special interests, large corporations and major banks who once again received preferential treatment and largess from the Federal Government at the further cost of small business tax payers, and

WHEREAS: Non-essential Government, Academic, and Corporate staff continue to remain unconscionably fully paid at the same time that Small Business, the Self Employed and the Unemployed suffer, and

WHEREAS: Our attempts at petition and righteous redress, to Our Government has fallen on uncaring ears, and in some cases has been actively suppressed, and

WHEREAS: We refuse to become second-class citizens, beholden to the entitled class for our safety, freedom, and wellbeing, and

WHEREAS: We have the ability to operate our business in such a manner as to reduce and mitigate the risk to our Community, Customers, and Staff, and to adjust operations in a responsible and balanced manner commensurate with local conditions.”
The thread is started by a guy that has the Queens picture on his money. :icon_rolleyes:

It's funny how the owner doesn't mention he has an on-line store, and he quotes Reagan, who like the asswipePINO crashed the economy.

God Bless him. America is on the brink of revolution, will our government learn or go King George and dig their heels in?

Sedalia knife shop owner Hal Van Herke on Tuesday posted a Declaration of Business Independence on Facebook saying he would reopen CastleGate Knife and Tool Tuesday in defiance of Governor Polis’ stay-at-home order.

“WHEREAS: Small businesses have carried the burden of this effort more heavily than special interests, large corporations and major banks who once again received preferential treatment and largess from the Federal Government at the further cost of small business tax payers, and

WHEREAS: Non-essential Government, Academic, and Corporate staff continue to remain unconscionably fully paid at the same time that Small Business, the Self Employed and the Unemployed suffer, and

WHEREAS: Our attempts at petition and righteous redress, to Our Government has fallen on uncaring ears, and in some cases has been actively suppressed, and

WHEREAS: We refuse to become second-class citizens, beholden to the entitled class for our safety, freedom, and wellbeing, and

WHEREAS: We have the ability to operate our business in such a manner as to reduce and mitigate the risk to our Community, Customers, and Staff, and to adjust operations in a responsible and balanced manner commensurate with local conditions.”
This is going viral.... I can see this one lighting up the whole mess in areas who want the damage to continue.
That's the point. The guy is using a pandemic to promote his online business. Brilliant I SAY!!!!

How dare someone question the gov't.

He would make a good Brit. Maybe Tommy's boyfriend.
You can question the government all you want. Breaking laws is breaking laws.

Our nation was conceived by protesting and they broke laws they believed were unjust and they paid the price.

You have a right to protest just like they did against the Vietnam War, just like they did for gay marriage, just like they did for Occupy Wall Street, just like they did for Black Lives Matter, just like they did for Antifa, just like they did when Trump was elected. You are absolutely allowed to protest however you must face the consequences of protesting.

This is why you are a Regressive and not a liberal. Liberals don’t question the right to protest, they may disagree with the cause, however they have always defended the right to question and protest.

This isn't a fucking "cause". This is a PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY.

Stop pretending this is just all politics as usual. The virus doesn't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican.

Phantom lives?

I had the virus and if I had a stroke and died they would say it was due to COVID. Skewed stats. My wife and kids definitely had it but only I was tested. So stats are wrong. We have been lied to by the media and the government and you’re too stupid to see that. 94% of those who die have at least one underlying condition. How many were very old and sick and would have died anyway? We don’t know because those stats aren’t available. You’re such a little lemming.

The thread is started by a guy that has the Queens picture on his money. :icon_rolleyes:

Have any PROOF of this steaming pile of horseshit, kid?

Phantom lives?

I had the virus and if I had a stroke and died they would say it was due to COVID. Skewed stats. My wife and kids definitely had it but only I was tested. So stats are wrong. We have been lied to by the media and the government and you’re too stupid to see that. 94% of those who die have at least one underlying condition. How many were very old and sick and would have died anyway? We don’t know because those stats aren’t available. You’re such a little lemming.

Nobody in your family got seriously ill or died. Congratulations.

Back in the 1970's the government was paying people to put urea formadehyde foam insulation in their houses. It was a quick, cheap fix to older, poor insulated homes during a time of oil shortages, and skyrocketing prices. Less than 10 years later, they were paying people to take it out of their homes, and to this day in Canada you have to swear an affidavit that your house has never been insulated with UFFI when you sell it.

I did a real estate deal for a family with a UFFI house. They lived in that house for 15 years and nobody in their family ever got sick. This is just government bullshit, and it was really hard to find someone who would even consider buying their house. They didn't get anywhere near what their neighbours sold their places for.

I lived in a UFFI house for 6 months in the late 1970's. The sicker I got, the more time I spent at home. They literally carried me out of there. By the time they carried me out, I had lost 30 lbs., and had dangerous life threatening asthma and allergies. It took me years to recover, and my asthma is a lingering reminder of that 6 months.

You got very, very lucky, be grateful. But don't think because it turned out well for you, that this thing is a hoax or isn't killing tens of thousands of people, or sickening hundreds of thousands more.

Phantom lives?

Nobody in your family got seriously ill or died. Congratulations.

Back in the 1970's the government was paying people to put urea formadehyde foam insulation in their houses. It was a quick, cheap fix to older, poor insulated homes during a time of oil shortages, and skyrocketing prices. Less than 10 years later, they were paying people to take it out of their homes, and to this day in Canada you have to swear an affidavit that your house has never been insulated with UFFI when you sell it.

I did a real estate deal for a family with a UFFI house. They lived in that house for 15 years and nobody in their family ever got sick. This is just government bullshit, and it was really hard to find someone who would even consider buying their house. They didn't get anywhere near what their neighbours sold their places for.

I lived in a UFFI house for 6 months in the late 1970's. The sicker I got, the more time I spent at home. They literally carried me out of there. By the time they carried me out, I had lost 30 lbs., and had dangerous life threatening asthma and allergies. It took me years to recover, and my asthma is a lingering reminder of that 6 months.

You got very, very lucky, be grateful. But don't think because it turned out well for you, that this thing is a hoax or isn't killing tens of thousands of people, or sickening hundreds of thousands more.
70s? I was born in 1980. Don't care. I was not lucky. I do not smoke and exercise regularly as does my wife. 94% of those afflicted had some sort of underlying conditions. Italy and Spain were hit hard because of the large % of smokers. It has zero to do with luck and everything to do with life style choices. Sorry for your disease. Stay home. I want to live my life.

Forum List

Back