CO Business Says Screw It, We’re Reopening

God Bless him. America is on the brink of revolution, will our government learn or go King George and dig their heels in?

Sedalia knife shop owner Hal Van Herke on Tuesday posted a Declaration of Business Independence on Facebook saying he would reopen CastleGate Knife and Tool Tuesday in defiance of Governor Polis’ stay-at-home order.

Van Herke’s declaration says in part:

“WHEREAS: Small businesses have carried the burden of this effort more heavily than special interests, large corporations and major banks who once again received preferential treatment and largess from the Federal Government at the further cost of small business tax payers, and

WHEREAS: Non-essential Government, Academic, and Corporate staff continue to remain unconscionably fully paid at the same time that Small Business, the Self Employed and the Unemployed suffer, and

WHEREAS: Our attempts at petition and righteous redress, to Our Government has fallen on uncaring ears, and in some cases has been actively suppressed, and

WHEREAS: We refuse to become second-class citizens, beholden to the entitled class for our safety, freedom, and wellbeing, and

WHEREAS: We have the ability to operate our business in such a manner as to reduce and mitigate the risk to our Community, Customers, and Staff, and to adjust operations in a responsible and balanced manner commensurate with local conditions.”
The thread is started by a guy that has the Queens picture on his money. :icon_rolleyes:

And you are a proven liar and a fraud, got a point?

How dare someone question the gov't.

He would make a good Brit. Maybe Tommy's boyfriend.
You can question the government all you want. Breaking laws is breaking laws.

Our nation was conceived by protesting and they broke laws they believed were unjust and they paid the price.

You have a right to protest just like they did against the Vietnam War, just like they did for gay marriage, just like they did for Occupy Wall Street, just like they did for Black Lives Matter, just like they did for Antifa, just like they did when Trump was elected. You are absolutely allowed to protest however you must face the consequences of protesting.

This is why you are a Regressive and not a liberal. Liberals don’t question the right to protest, they may disagree with the cause, however they have always defended the right to question and protest.

This isn't a fucking "cause". This is a PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY.

Stop pretending this is just all politics as usual. The virus doesn't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican.

It depends on your opinion, again I think we need to stay at home however others have a different opinion and they have a right to voice their opinion, it’s called tolerance, something you Regressives know nothing about, it is a liberal trait.

I would gladly be the first person at any restaurant in Maryland provided, for now, there is spacing and servers and cooks are wearing masks. I would not wear a mask
Liberals and control freak governors do not want me to do this because when me and 100 other people do it and get tested and None of us have the virus Beyond a mild case then the Shutdown narrative will be proven the fake it is.

defies the instructions of the government assigned to oversee the general public good.

It doesn't affect my good and I'm very much a member of the public.

He's free to open his business, you're free not to patronize it.

He's free to open his business? Has he talked to his insurance company? They may cancel his insurance if he opens.
How can the legally do that and why would they?

So he doesn't get fucking sued when someone gets sick.

His business has to carry public liability insurance. When he breaks the law, he voids his insurance coverage. If he's operating illegally and someone get's hurt the insurance company will void his policy for being in violation of the law. All business insurance requires to that business be fully licensed and operating in compliance with all laws, by-laws and licensing requirements.

If someone comes into his store and gets sick, and is left with long term damage to their heart, and can't work any more, imagine the amount of money that person could win in a court case.

But by all means. Declare independence. Open your knife store. But this is not likely to end well for the store owner. Remember the Ministers who were going to hold services. One in the South died,, and the guy in Florida lost his insurance.

I'm firmly convinced these ministers who are insisting on live services are doing so for the collection plates. Most churches are live streaming their services to keep parishoners safe. Many churches don't have a lot of money, and it takes a shocking amount of money to pay for your building, utilities and maintenance, and a salary for the minister. I know that a lot of churches are just barely hanging on and getting those dollars every Sunday are needed just to pay the bills.

I can't imagine any other reason why they so stubbornly cling to live services, knowing the risks. It has to be for the cash.
Blah blah blah blah. You’re not an American. Every scientific model has been wrong and how would the employee prove where they got sick? 99% of the illnesses are non life threatening. I do not care about $$$ you evil troll. My kids are done with school for year, done with sports for the year, my niece had to postpone here wedding for the year and it’s all good except we don’t have an end game in sight. We just keep kicking the can down the road in order to save phantom lives. Or are we just prolonging the inevitable that eventually most if not all will get this virus. I got It and I have had much worse. We are upending people’s lives on theories and hunches. So save me your preaching, you hate filled witch.

Phantom lives?

that was almost as dumb as you saying testing wasn’t important.
I had the virus and if I had a stroke and died they would say it was due to COVID. Skewed stats. My wife and kids definitely had it but only I was tested. So stats are wrong. We have been lied to by the media and the government and you’re too stupid to see that. 94% of those who die have at least one underlying condition. How many were very old and sick and would have died anyway? We don’t know because those stats aren’t available. You’re such a little lemming.

All the more reason to have rigorous testing in place.

Funny about the whole, “they were just going to die anyway” bullshit. Why support small businesses...90% won’t be here in 5 years?

defies the instructions of the government assigned to oversee the general public good.

He's free to open his business? Has he talked to his insurance company? They may cancel his insurance if he opens.

His business has to carry public liability insurance. When he breaks the law, he voids his insurance coverage. If he's operating illegally and someone get's hurt the insurance company will void his policy for being in violation of the law. All business insurance requires to that business be fully licensed and operating in compliance with all laws, by-laws and licensing requirements.

If someone comes into his store and gets sick, and is left with long term damage to their heart, and can't work any more, imagine the amount of money that person could win in a court case.

But by all means. Declare independence. Open your knife store. But this is not likely to end well for the store owner. Remember the Ministers who were going to hold services. One in the South died,, and the guy in Florida lost his insurance.

I'm firmly convinced these ministers who are insisting on live services are doing so for the collection plates. Most churches are live streaming their services to keep parishoners safe. Many churches don't have a lot of money, and it takes a shocking amount of money to pay for your building, utilities and maintenance, and a salary for the minister. I know that a lot of churches are just barely hanging on and getting those dollars every Sunday are needed just to pay the bills.

I can't imagine any other reason why they so stubbornly cling to live services, knowing the risks. It has to be for the cash.
Blah blah blah blah. You’re not an American. Every scientific model has been wrong and how would the employee prove where they got sick? 99% of the illnesses are non life threatening. I do not care about $$$ you evil troll. My kids are done with school for year, done with sports for the year, my niece had to postpone here wedding for the year and it’s all good except we don’t have an end game in sight. We just keep kicking the can down the road in order to save phantom lives. Or are we just prolonging the inevitable that eventually most if not all will get this virus. I got It and I have had much worse. We are upending people’s lives on theories and hunches. So save me your preaching, you hate filled witch.

Phantom lives?

I had the virus and if I had a stroke and died they would say it was due to COVID. Skewed stats. My wife and kids definitely had it but only I was tested. So stats are wrong. We have been lied to by the media and the government and you’re too stupid to see that. 94% of those who die have at least one underlying condition. How many were very old and sick and would have died anyway? We don’t know because those stats aren’t available. You’re such a little lemming.

Funny about the whole, “they were just going to die anyway” bullshit. Why support small businesses...90% won’t be here in 5 years?
Depends what you mean by "small"...define "rigorous"...

Only God knows the day we die. Open the economy up. This is a hoax pushed by Power Mad Globalists.

The numbers were far overinflated. Just testing New York and finding 2.7 Million had it revises the mortality rate at just 1/2 of a percent.

No deadlier than the flu.
Yes, the governors selfish acts are destroying thousands of lives

Including my neighbor. He expects to lose his business, his house, and his life savings.

Believe me, I feel terrible about that. I have two friends who are small business owners that are in the same boat. Has your friend gotten militant with his creditors? My friends did. And after much phone jockeying and permanent earpiece impressions, it has largely worked for them. I know the whole SBL thing is a nightmare right now but in the end whether it's the left or right, I think they'll do the right thing. No one wants to see this regardless of political leanings. But if things are opened back up too soon, people who go back to work get infected and then aren't able to work. Self defeating at the least.

Let people get sick and update their immunity, and then let those who die thin out the herd.

Update their immunity? Is that like going to the DMV and updating your drivers license?
Sounds like what you are really saying young or old is, 'They are Acceptable Losses".

Only God knows the day we die. Open the economy up. This is a hoax pushed by Power Mad Globalists.

The numbers were far overinflated. Just testing New York and finding 2.7 Million had it revises the mortality rate at just 1/2 of a percent.

No deadlier than the flu.

This is no different than Russian Collusion
Ukraine Confusion

And now we have Virus Delusion

Acceptable Losses. Whoever dies...dies. Some of you may die, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. :)
MAGA..MAWA......yeah...MASA.
94% of deaths = people with preexisting conditions. So you want to punish 99% of the population to protect 1%? OK
They are bankrupting the country over a flu virus that has not infected even 1% of the country, and that only has 1/2% mortality rate.

You cant sue people for an act of God.

How dare someone question the gov't.

He would make a good Brit. Maybe Tommy's boyfriend.
You can question the government all you want. Breaking laws is breaking laws.

Our nation was conceived by protesting and they broke laws they believed were unjust and they paid the price.

You have a right to protest just like they did against the Vietnam War, just like they did for gay marriage, just like they did for Occupy Wall Street, just like they did for Black Lives Matter, just like they did for Antifa, just like they did when Trump was elected. You are absolutely allowed to protest however you must face the consequences of protesting.

This is why you are a Regressive and not a liberal. Liberals don’t question the right to protest, they may disagree with the cause, however they have always defended the right to question and protest.

This isn't a fucking "cause". This is a PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY.

Stop pretending this is just all politics as usual. The virus doesn't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican.

It depends on your opinion, again I think we need to stay at home however others have a different opinion and they have a right to voice their opinion, it’s called tolerance, something you Regressives know nothing about, it is a liberal trait.
No its actually a drooling moron trait.

God Bless him. America is on the brink of revolution, will our government learn or go King George and dig their heels in?

Sedalia knife shop owner Hal Van Herke on Tuesday posted a Declaration of Business Independence on Facebook saying he would reopen CastleGate Knife and Tool Tuesday in defiance of Governor Polis’ stay-at-home order.

“WHEREAS: Small businesses have carried the burden of this effort more heavily than special interests, large corporations and major banks who once again received preferential treatment and largess from the Federal Government at the further cost of small business tax payers, and

WHEREAS: Non-essential Government, Academic, and Corporate staff continue to remain unconscionably fully paid at the same time that Small Business, the Self Employed and the Unemployed suffer, and

WHEREAS: Our attempts at petition and righteous redress, to Our Government has fallen on uncaring ears, and in some cases has been actively suppressed, and

WHEREAS: We refuse to become second-class citizens, beholden to the entitled class for our safety, freedom, and wellbeing, and

WHEREAS: We have the ability to operate our business in such a manner as to reduce and mitigate the risk to our Community, Customers, and Staff, and to adjust operations in a responsible and balanced manner commensurate with local conditions.”

Interesting. So some "patriot" declares his own manifesto and defies the instructions of the government assigned to oversee the general public good.

Don't you right wingers refer to that as sedition? :)
VirusBootlicck.png

Got so invested in this that there is no easy way out. Governors waiting for someone else to take the first step.

Phantom lives?

Why have "rigorous testing"?....We're all dead in the long run.

Cuts both ways, fucking dunce.

Got so invested in this that there is no easy way out. Governors waiting for someone else to take the first step.

The President declared a “National Emergency”, and then told the states to look after it. The whole point of declaring a national emergency is to coordinate a national response.
We have a Federalist System. Utah and NY should not be treated the same.

Interesting. So some "patriot" declares his own manifesto and defies the instructions of the government assigned to oversee the general public good.

Don't you right wingers refer to that as sedition? :)
Typical leftist traitor numbskull who thinks the government actually has the ability to "oversee the general public good", whatever the fuck that means.

Phantom lives?

Why have "rigorous testing"?....We're all dead in the long run.

Cuts both ways, fucking dunce.
We're all dead in about 10 years anyway according to their other chicken little theory. It's always something with these people

Lawmakers havent given up a damn thing. Of course that could all change in November!
It's even worse....Just recall all the media weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth during the times when a whopping 15% of the federal gubmint was "shut down"....You'd have sworn it was the end of civilization as we know it.

Quite the opposite. Today in Georgia business mostly stayed closed even though they were told by the governor to open. Customers are staying home too because most Americans are not uneducated backwater hicks Republicans.

The President declared a “National Emergency”, and then told the states to look after it. The whole point of declaring a national emergency is to coordinate a national response.
We have a Federalist System. Utah and NY should not be treated the same.

Then you don’t really have a country. You share a flag. Time for the states to go it alone. They’ll be better off.

Forum List

Back