CO2 Has Almost No Effect on Global Temperature, Says Leading Climate Scientist

The rats are starting to abandon ship:

CO2 Has Almost No Effect on Global Temperature, Says Leading Climate Scientist
Forget ā€˜settledā€™ science or ā€˜consensusā€™ ā€“ that is a political construct designed to quash debate in the interests of promoting a command-and-control Net Zero agenda. One of the great drivers of continual changes in the climate is heat exchange within both the atmosphere and the Earthā€™s surface. Current understanding of the entire picture is limited, and it seems the opportunity has been taken to fill this gap by blaming carbon dioxide almost entirely for the recent gentle warming. A new paper on the so-called ā€˜greenhouseā€™ effect highlights the vital role played by oceans and water vapour flows. CO2 is said to have ā€œminimal effectā€ on the Earthā€™s temperature and climate.
The paper has been published by the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) and is written by meteorologist William Kininmonth, a former consultant to the World Meteorological Organisationā€™s Commission for Climatology and former head of the Australian Governmentā€™s National Climate Centre. Kininmonth argues that the oceans are the ā€œvital inertial and thermal flywheelsā€ of the climate system. If one wants to control climate, it will be necessary to control the oceans, he argues. ā€œEfforts to decarbonise in the hope of affecting global temperatures will be in vain,ā€ he adds.
In Kininmonthā€™s view, the recent warming is ā€œprobably simply the result of fluctuations in the ever-changing ocean circulationā€. CO2 ā€œmust be recognisedā€ as a very minor contributor to the observed warming, and one that is unlikely to prolong the warming trend beyond the peak generated by the natural oceanic oscillations, he notes. He explains that the main driver of global temperature is the movement of energy in water, both in the oceans and the atmosphere after evaporation.
As COā‚‚ concentration increases from 0 to 600 parts per million (green bars), the total strength of the greenhouse effect, measured as the energy the greenhouse gases radiate to the Earthā€™s surface, barely changes (orange line). Source: Kininmonth 2022
Hes a leading scientist ? Too bad neither the university heā€™s affiliated with nor the other 20k universities and colleges agree with him. Heā€™s outnumbered 100 to one. Hilarious. You dufus butt boys quote the occasional in bred then dismiss all the others from the university he has degrees from.

You bozos are science illiterate.

First of all, it is not a "phenomenal amount."

Stomata proxies show that these wild swings are not uncommon in the paleo record.

View attachment 749984

Your dire emergency just got smashed into a billion pieces because the current rise is not uncommon or out of the ordinary for our planet's natural variational cycles.

This one fact alone makes any pontifications about CO2 driving anything ludicrous. This is evidence that these wide swings are not uncommon in the climatic records.

That is how fast your AGW lie is destroyed. FACTS... Observed and documents facts. Not conjecture and unsupported modeling crap.
An increase of 30 % in just 50 years has not happened before ever because man has been burning fossil fuels. Fact, not modeling. BTW this from the WPo.

Hes a leading scientist ? Too bad neither the university heā€™s affiliated with nor the other 20k universities and colleges agree with him. Heā€™s outnumbered 100 to one. Hilarious. You dufus butt boys quote the occasional in bred then dismiss all the others from the university he has degrees from.

You bozos are science illiterate.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :spinner::spinner:

Poor lefty is spewing his appeals to authority BS again.

Speaking of illiteracy, did you read up on what the CAGW hypothesis actually is?

An increase of 30 % in just 50 years has not happened before ever because man has been burning fossil fuels. Fact, not modeling. BTW this from the WPo.
:haha:

The stomata proxies prove that not to be true. Sorry Charlie, that one has been disproven. The folks over at the Washington Compost are flinging crap again.

Last edited:
Neither do you but we do know it wasn't caused by man burning fossil fuels.
So what? The 39% increase has had no deleterious effects anyway no matter what the source and, you can't prove it hasn't happened 'ever before.'

So what? The 39% increase has had no deleterious effects anyway no matter what the source and, you can't prove it hasn't happened 'ever before.'
It has, global temperatures have reached records for several years, sea temperature is rising, sea level rising and increased intensity and frequency of weather extremes. Read MSM in the news every other day.

It has, global temperatures have reached records for several years, sea temperature is rising, sea level rising and increased intensity and frequency of weather extremes. Read MSM in the news every other day.
There are other scientists saying none of that is extreme. Fluctuating weather extremes are the norm and you haven't even defined 'extreme'.....how convenient to your argument. You can't prove it's because of CO2 there are at least thousands of climate drivers. Also, my comment referred to your baseless assumption that that particular CO2 rise has never happened before in Earth's history. (that last part you conveniently left out).As I first said, it's all speculation and again, NO deleterious effects can be proven to be happening on a global basis from that particular driver (CO2).

Last edited:
There are other scientists saying none of that is extreme. Fluctuating weather extremes are the norm and you haven't even defined 'extreme'.....how convenient to your argument. You can't prove it's because of CO2 there are at least thousands of climate drivers. Also, my comment referred to your baseless assumption that that particular CO2 rise has never happened before in Earth's history. (that last part you conveniently left out).As I first said, it's all speculation and again, NO deleterious effects can be proven to be happening on a global basis from that particular driver (CO2).
I don't need a scientist to tell me what I need can see for my self, but the overwhelming majority of scientists all agree the changing weather is caused by Global warming.

I don't need a scientist to tell me what I need can see for my self, but the overwhelming majority of scientists all agree the changing weather is caused by Global warming.
Your 'need to see' is not relevant here. Weather changes for many reasons and the Globe is warmed by the Sun.

The MSM is lying to you.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :spinner::spinner:

Poor lefty is spewing his appeals to authority BS again.

Speaking of illiteracy, did you read up on what the CAGW hypothesis actually is?
Youā€™re amazingly ignorant. Have you been picked up by any space invaders recently ?
How about Hillary and the kiddy prostitution ring ?

Counterpoint to what. I've provided the evidence all you have is your belief in" nah it's not happening ". Show me proof climate change is not occurring right now, I'll wait.

You've made a claim ... it is for you to prove it ... what we ask is evidence ... show us carbon dioxide's extraordinary radiative behaviors ... we say these behaviors are strictly ordinary, and cannot cause measurable temperature changes in our atmosphere ... in 2017, 2018 and 2021; temperatures fell while CO2 level rose ... you need to explain these counter-examples ... not us ...

If I (mostly) agree with you on these points ... then it remains to make the connection to carbon dioxide through actual experimentation, because there's a better correlation to population growth, and the associated changed in land use, which in turn change radiative forcing, blah blah blah ... Arizona doesn't have a weather problem, they have a people problem ...

I have not found any changes to intensity or frequency of extreme weather events ... though admittedly I've only worked the number for hurricanes and a few other of the usual claims ... so not an exhaustive search ... I would like to see your numbers, and a link is fine ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back