CO2 Sensitivity Experiments

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
According to the AGWCult, they have eliminated all the climactic variables except for an additional wisp of CO2.

They hold as fixed out to the 12th decimal place any changes in: Solar output, water vapor, Earth orbit, variation in earth's magnetic field.

OK, let's give that to them. It's CO2 and ONLY CO2 that causes manmade Climate disruption.

We're told that the 120PPM increase in CO2 has both raised Earth's "Average" Temperature by about a degree and lowered the "Average" pH of the oceans from 8.25 down to 8.15

Um, OK. You can have that one too.

I have a simple scientific question: What are the anticipated increases in temperature and reduction in ocean pH for various incremental increases in CO2?

If the recent changes were cause by raising CO2 up to 400PPM, what's the expected temperature at 410, 420, 450? 500PPM?

Will 800PPM CO2 cause a 2 degree temperature increase and lower ocean pH down under 8?

I'm interested in these CO2 Sensitivity Experiments

Can someone please post the results of the Experiments.

I can't find any

"President Obama’s budget request for Fiscal Year 2013 includes $2.6 billion for the U.S. Global Change Research Program, the multiagency federal program that supports climate science research and observing systems. Most of the increase over the current level would go to three agencies: NASA, NOAA, and the Department of Energy."

President?s 2013 budget requests 6% increase for climate and global change research | Climate Science Watch

Frank, you've proudly lied about everything we posted in the past, hence nobody is going to waste any more time on you. You'd simply lie again, so there's no point.

But congratulations on cementing your reputation as a pathological cult liar. Was that the goal you had set out to achieve?

Frank, you've proudly lied about everything we posted in the past, hence nobody is going to waste any more time on you. You'd simply lie again, so there's no point.

But congratulations on cementing your reputation as a pathological cult liar. Was that the goal you had set out to achieve?

^ Not a CO2 Sensitivity Experiment

Does anyone here remember Gore's CO2 experiment from his 24 hour telethon?

So...you got nothing.

And that's no surprise at all.

Well except for the pesky fact no sensitivity experiments are planned, have been conducted and are ever going to be. further if CO2 caused the rise why did it stop in 1998?

You mean the one he and Bill Nye "the science guy" couldn't figure out how to make work...that one?:lol::lol::lol: A priceless moment! Funny...I can't seem to find it on youtube...

If Gore and Nye are so willing to casually lie about a simple experiment, what else would they lie about?

Why didn't anyone from the warmer's side demand a retraction and apology for misinforming the public? Surely one of the 97% of experts would have been embarrassed by an experiment that couldn't work, and then infuriated that it was FAKED to show an impossible result.

Why is there such a lack of ethics in climate science? And why are the few scientists like J Curry treated so badly when they do speak out?

If Gore and Nye are so willing to casually lie about a simple experiment, what else would they lie about?

Why didn't anyone from the warmer's side demand a retraction and apology for misinforming the public? Surely one of the 97% of experts would have been embarrassed by an experiment that couldn't work, and then infuriated that it was FAKED to show an impossible result.

Why is there such a lack of ethics in climate science? And why are the few scientists like J Curry treated so badly when they do speak out?

MONEY! Trumps ethics almost every time.

According to the AGWCult, they have eliminated all the climactic variables except for an additional wisp of CO2.

They hold as fixed out to the 12th decimal place any changes in: Solar output, water vapor, Earth orbit, variation in earth's magnetic field.

OK, let's give that to them. It's CO2 and ONLY CO2 that causes manmade Climate disruption.

We're told that the 120PPM increase in CO2 has both raised Earth's "Average" Temperature by about a degree and lowered the "Average" pH of the oceans from 8.25 down to 8.15

Um, OK. You can have that one too.

I have a simple scientific question: What are the anticipated increases in temperature and reduction in ocean pH for various incremental increases in CO2?

If the recent changes were cause by raising CO2 up to 400PPM, what's the expected temperature at 410, 420, 450? 500PPM?

Will 800PPM CO2 cause a 2 degree temperature increase and lower ocean pH down under 8?

I'm interested in these CO2 Sensitivity Experiments

There's actually little doubt on the RAW warming power of CO2 DECREASING with increasing concentrations. Especially in the presence of Water Vapor. The BIG EVENT is 560ppm because this is the doubling of the pre-industrial level of 280ppm. The manmade contribution is eaten up 30% into the Carbon sinks.

So raw calculations for each doubling is about 1.2DegC. And the NEXT milestone for a doubling won't be until we reach 1160ppm.. Want to venture a guess at when THAT will happen? Same effect -- about another 1.2DegC. ALTHOUGH --- it's not certain that the doubling estimate isn't quite less than the 1.2DegC because of increased carbon sinking, or increased water vapor. OR that increased TERMITE POPULATION because of the warming isn't gonna approach the anthro levels of contribution..

Maybe. But in this case the fraud is so blatant that any self respecting scientist should be ashamed to let it slide. It wouldn't even have to be a climate scientist. Surely someone like Tyson would only have his public reputation increase by debunking fraud wherever it resides.

Without the scientific community policing itself it will just turn into another area of politics in the public's eye. Perhaps it already has when it comes to climate science.

Maybe. But in this case the fraud is so blatant that any self respecting scientist should be ashamed to let it slide. It wouldn't even have to be a climate scientist. Surely someone like Tyson would only have his public reputation increase by debunking fraud wherever it resides.

Without the scientific community policing itself it will just turn into another area of politics in the public's eye. Perhaps it already has when it comes to climate science.

It's already happening. The publics' view of science, and scientists is at the lowest point in decades thanks to these frauds.

Ian, how about giving us honest and non-quibbling answers to a few questions:

1) Do you believe any experiments have ever been conducted which demonstrate a measurable greenhouse effect from CO2 levels in the same range as presently found in our atmosphere?

2) When atmospheric physicists state that the Earth's average temperature would be about 33C cooler were there no greenhouse gases in our atmosphere, do you believe them?

3) Although it has been the subject of much debate, would you agree that the most commonly held value for the Earth's transient climate sensitivity to CO2 doubling is still approximately 3C?

4) Below are the results of numerous runs of CMIP-5 GCMs, of which sensitivity is an emergent parameter. At least as far as the results here go, would you agree that a value greater than 3 is more likely than a value less than 3?

Frequency_distribution_of_climate_sensitivity%2C_based_on_model_simulations_%28NASA%29.png

And, I'm sorry, but Al Gore ran a telethon?

Last edited:

Ian, how about giving us honest and non-quibbling answers to a few questions:

1) Do you believe any experiments have ever been conducted which demonstrate a measurable greenhouse effect from CO2 levels in the same range as presently found in our atmosphere?

2) When atmospheric physicists state that the Earth's average temperature would be about 33C cooler were there no greenhouse gases in our atmosphere, do you believe them?

3) Although it has been the subject of much debate, would you agree that the most commonly held value for the Earth's transient climate sensitivity to CO2 doubling is still approximately 3C?

4) Below are the results of numerous runs of CMIP-5 GCMs, of which sensitivity is an emergent parameter. At least as far as the results here go, would you agree that a value greater than 3 is more likely than a value less than 3?

Frequency_distribution_of_climate_sensitivity%2C_based_on_model_simulations_%28NASA%29.png

And, I'm sorry, but Al Gore ran a telethon?

if i answer your questions directly will you start to address mine in the same fashion?

1. available data from experimental investigation done on CO2 leads to the prediction of 1C warming for every doubling of [CO2]. if all other factors remain the same.

2. I am OK with 33C as the greenhouse effect, although I believe there is uncertainty involved. I have previously shown that CO2 doubling works out to a reasonable answer if you assume 25% of the GHE is due to CO2 and theoriginal value is 1ppm.

3. why are you asking me to confirm the consensus value? just because they say it, that doesnt make it true.

4. Nic Lewis has done a lot of work on climate sensitivity. you should at least read it. CS estimates derived from reality based data is far less than estimates based on model based data. personally I think the CS will continue to come down because I believe nature always finds a way to 'fix' positive feedback conditions.

I dont really care if you didnt know about Gore's telethon. Gore has had more media time to proclaim his views than all the climate skeptics put together. His movie was shown in schoolrooms and won an Oscar and general approval worldwide. It was full of exaggerations and fallacies, just like his telethon. The CO2 experiment we have been referring to just will not work the way they say it did. Moreover they faked the temperature readings! Actual fraud!! Proven fraud and no one on your side gives a shit.

Do you think that this experiment should have been retracted and an apology issued for fabricating the results?

Still whining about Gore and Nye? I guess if your science all fails, it's a fine deflection. That's right, scientists are supposed to police Al Gore, and it they don't, they're corrupt. You go with that.

Why don't you guys make it official, and collect all the standard denier myths into a denier bible? That would save time. You could just say "Watts 11:5" or "Goddard 3:3", and Westwall, lost in his religious ecstasy, would raise his head to the skies and scream "Amen, brother!".

Forum List

Back