Cochran primary won by Black Democrats

I dunno that is was open a dialogue. I do find it amusing that TPM in Miss, and on this board, call Cochran a RINO. Cochran hasn't changed in 30 years; it's the same ole Thad, nice guy bring home the bacon. Now he's not a Republican? Whatever. But then they get pissed when democrats (9 out of 10 of whom are African American) vote for him. LOL

Yeah, Teapers are the most ridiculous idiots to ever hit the political playing field. It is so obvious they are a hate group...but they have lied to themselves and everyone else so much, they are too stupid to see their own hate.

I don't think there was any intent for a racist message from the national groups like freedom works and club for growth that outspent Cochran in the election before 6-3. Most of his financial support dried up after that. I don't know why that was.

There was this notion down here, that 150K votes was maybe McDaniel's top out, but he did get another 25K or so, which certainly shows a dissatisfaction by some voters. There was no doubt that Cochran had failed to get his vote out, but there was a huge doubt that he could do it for the runoff. People who want federal funds for education came out and voted.

This whole education thing may be code speak too.

You have a special talent for weaseling and rationalization.

It takes a lot of money to convince people you aren't a racist scumbag...that is why McDaniel's money dried up. Apparently, Mississippians were smart enough to see through his hate. Teapers are failing all across America...their racist and anti-Government nonsense is coming to an end and the Tea Party will go down in history as a footnote...if that.

Well, look, those 175K folks who voted for McDaniel didn't get convinced he wasn't a racist. They were either racists themselves or just didn't think that fact was enough to outweigh his TPM views. That's the Mississippi angle on this.

Again, there's a lot I agree with the TPM on. Perpetual welfare and paying people to stay where there are no jobs. The military spending in Mississippi is obscene .... unless other states don't have bases, and we just get more of them. Which I doubt is the case.

But, you're right in a larger sense that the TPM seems to require a rigid and no compromise view. And that seems to attract Todd Akins Richard Mordoch and McDaniel types, who all have some extremist view.

I do think this election will nudge the state party on spending issues. But the state gop is committed to education and attracting jobs.

None of you fellow traveller assholes has a shred of evidence that McDaniels is a racist. Playing the race card is what you do when you haven't got any facts or logic to support your case, which is nearly all the time.

It takes a lot of money to convince people you aren't a racist scumbag...that is why McDaniel's money dried up. Apparently, Mississippians were smart enough to see through his hate. Teapers are failing all across America...their racist and anti-Government nonsense is coming to an end and the Tea Party will go down in history as a footnote...if that.

Well, look, those 175K folks who voted for McDaniel didn't get convinced he wasn't a racist. They were either racists themselves or just didn't think that fact was enough to outweigh his TPM views. That's the Mississippi angle on this.

Again, there's a lot I agree with the TPM on. Perpetual welfare and paying people to stay where there are no jobs. The military spending in Mississippi is obscene .... unless other states don't have bases, and we just get more of them. Which I doubt is the case.

But, you're right in a larger sense that the TPM seems to require a rigid and no compromise view. And that seems to attract Todd Akins Richard Mordoch and McDaniel types, who all have some extremist view.

I do think this election will nudge the state party on spending issues. But the state gop is committed to education and attracting jobs.

None of you fellow traveller assholes has a shred of evidence that McDaniels is a racist. Playing the race card is what you do when you haven't got any facts or logic to support your case, which is nearly all the time.

Have you taken time to investigate the allegations?

The only views that are unique to the Tea Party are hate and ant-Government. Take away those two factors and you have a conservative Republican.

In the case of a Democrat, take away hatred of capitalism, freedom and the human race, and you have nothing left at all.

It was a Republican primary runoff election in the state of Mississippi. A runoff is the result of no candidate getting 50% plus 1 vote in the Republican primary election held on June 3rd.

Yes, indeed, it was a GOP primary runoff in a state that does NOT do voter registration by party affiliation and therefore cannot do closed primaries, so it has some really arcane rules on the books about who can vote.

This means that for the runoff, any Democrat who did not already vote in the DEM primary on June 3rd was theoretically eligible to vote in the runoff, precisely because this state does NOT do voter registration by party affiliation - which means the Mississipians do not have to declare a party when they register.

Your beef should not be with Mississippi Democrats. It should be with the downside of Federalism in this case.

I don't really have a 'beef' with that since I used to vote (before they changed the state law) for the weakest Democrat in the primary hoping he would win and the Republican would then be able to defeat him. I try not to be a hypocrite.

My 'beef' is with the Mississippi counties that refuse to allow a check of the voting rolls to determine if any of the voters did vote in the Democrat primary and then violated state law and voted again in the Republican runoff.

Is that legal? Those are public records.

What's most distressing to the RWnuts here is that the Cochran win proves once again that the well worn conservative line that moving to the right is the best way to win elections

is a big fat myth.

No, what is most distressing is that a GOP candidate would appeal to democrats to win.

If he hadn't had their support he would not have won.

We'll fix that problem.

There is no reason for us to be distressed.

The fact that you morons keep blathering about how old the GOP is and yet we keep running 40 something's (conservative 40 somethings) only gives us heart and hope.

But you keep believing your little fairy tales.

Nonsense, it's not 'distressing,' it's encouraging – democrats and republicans need to work together more often to realize a common goal; keeping an unqualified, reckless, rightwing extremist out of office is an excellent place to start.

Indeed, what's distressing is the increasing partisan divide, and the inability of lawmakers to pursue sound and responsible governance.

Whenever Democrats and Republicans work together, it's to the detriment of the country.

If the DNC didn't violate Mississippi law, then they should encourage a legal challenge to show everyone in the country on how they never rig elections......................

They should endorse it to prove how they are little angels and never do anything that would be considered dishonest.

That way, they can say.............See, we told you we didn't have Dems illegally voting in Mississippi...................

If they have done no wrong then what could go wrong.............

Have you taken time to investigate the allegations?

Yep. Go ahead and post your evidence.

If the DNC didn't violate Mississippi law, then they should encourage a legal challenge to show everyone in the country on how they never rig elections......................

They should endorse it to prove how they are little angels and never do anything that would be considered dishonest.

That way, they can say.............See, we told you we didn't have Dems illegally voting in Mississippi...................

The DNC has absolutely nothing to do with this situation.

Yes, indeed, it was a GOP primary runoff in a state that does NOT do voter registration by party affiliation and therefore cannot do closed primaries, so it has some really arcane rules on the books about who can vote.

This means that for the runoff, any Democrat who did not already vote in the DEM primary on June 3rd was theoretically eligible to vote in the runoff, precisely because this state does NOT do voter registration by party affiliation - which means the Mississipians do not have to declare a party when they register.

Your beef should not be with Mississippi Democrats. It should be with the downside of Federalism in this case.

I don't really have a 'beef' with that since I used to vote (before they changed the state law) for the weakest Democrat in the primary hoping he would win and the Republican would then be able to defeat him. I try not to be a hypocrite.

My 'beef' is with the Mississippi counties that refuse to allow a check of the voting rolls to determine if any of the voters did vote in the Democrat primary and then violated state law and voted again in the Republican runoff.

Is that legal? Those are public records.

No counties have "refused" anything. The rolls need to be redacted before they are "checked" by the campaign - SSNs, etc have to be blacked out. When that's done, the records will be available to "check".

Well, they are saying they Dems didn't vote illegally and McDaniels is saying it's possible that this isn't the case..........

So what your saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is ,,,,,,,,,,,,that if they check the votes they will not find votes in violation of Mississippi law...........

That would vindicate the Dems now wouldn't it...................

Well, they are saying they Dems didn't vote illegally and McDaniels is saying it's possible that this isn't the case..........

So what your saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is ,,,,,,,,,,,,that if they check the votes they will not find votes in violation of Mississippi law...........

The DNC isn't responsible for the actions of people who are registered as Democrats.

The DNC isn't responsible for the actions of people who are registered as Democrats.

Of course they aren't. They never never never do anything that would rig anything. They are innocent angels among us....................Anything wrong that ever happens in this world is never the Dems fault............

Anyway, this would justify that the election is honest...............Cochran shouldn't fear the checks to ensure...............

Of course they aren't. They never never never do anything that would rig anything. They are innocent angels among us....................Anything wrong that ever happens in this world is never the Dems fault............

Anyway, this would justify that the election is honest...............Cochran shouldn't fear the checks to ensure...............

So, you're convinced that the Democratic National Committee is involved with this, just because it feels right to you?

So, you're convinced that the Democratic National Committee is involved with this, just because it feels right to you?

Given their history of Rotten ACORN, absolutely............

I believe they encouraged Dems to do a double tap to give Cochran a win.

Why do you believe that?

Just cause you want it to be true?

(The DNC didn't have anything to do with ACORN, either)

Did it ever occur to you that maybe a good number of moderates and liberals in Mississippi might not want a crackpot rightwing extremist as their Senator?

Why do you believe that?

Of course they didn't..........They never do anything wrong........

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why do you believe that?

Of course they didn't..........They never do anything wrong........

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I love it when you guys admit that you base your opinions on feelings rather than evidence.

It sounds so truthy, it must be true!

Did it ever occur to you that maybe a good number of moderates and liberals in Mississippi might not want a crackpot rightwing extremist as their Senator?

Whatever floats their boat..........

As long as they didn't vote in the Dem primaries..............

Now of course they will now vote for Cochran.........right............

Sounds like Mississippi needs to pass a registration law to declare a party if they want to vote in the primaries........................Technically they should only vote in their party anyway in the Honor system.

But, too many instances of Dems having no Honor in the past.

Tsssk tssk.

Forum List

Back