Cochran primary won by Black Democrats

The charge isn't that democrats voted for Cochran. It's that democrats who voted in the earlier primary voted for Cochran. They voted twice. The votes of everyone who had voted previously should be disqualified.

Well, sure they should, but for that there are poll workers specifically cased with that kind of work. And those poll workers were, I assume, Republicans, since it was exclusively a Republican runoff election.

seems reasonable

Not only that, but in every state that I know of, poll workers work in teams of two or more, so for this stuff to have happened in any major way would require the knowing collusion of a number of poll workers, which would be a crime for which they can be prosecuted.

Is it possible that a poll worker team screwed up a name or two and let a vote get through that should have been disqualified? Well, sure, that is possible, but highly unlikely that enough of those votes, if any, would change the results of this runoff election.

Not only did Cochran do better in black counties in contrast to the primary in early June, he also did decidedly better in a great number of majority white counties, counties that tend to be 70-30 or 80-20 R-D in presidential elections.

So, it wasn't just black democrats who had not yet voted in a primary who helped Cochran along, he obviously picked up a great number of white, conservative votes as well. Exactly how many and the motivations of each voter, no one will ever know, nor should everyone know. Secret ballot, right of privacy, inalienable rights and all that cool jazz....

:D

Last edited:
In the end, the Teapers will threaten an armed insurrection if there isn't for some sort of recount or re-do. Teapers are a brutal and hateful group. I mean, they sent their goons out on election day to make sure blackie didn't vote twice.

Sooooooooooooooo, you are OK with people voting twice?
Where do you get that idea?

LOL, teapers are a funny bunch. Do you support an armed insurrection if McDaniels loses his challenge? How dare dem black bastards deny the teapers of their candidate.

:lol:

Well, sure they should, but for that there are poll workers specifically cased with that kind of work. And those poll workers were, I assume, Republicans, since it was exclusively a Republican runoff election.

seems reasonable

It doesn't work that way. The same poll workers work all elections. The Cochran camp got democrat blacks to vote for him by lying about his opponent and claiming that he would cut food stamps, welfare, and that he hated black people.

It was a very bad example of corrupt politics. Sadly, corruption and lies many times work.

i dont know

but it looks like it does

Mississippi***

Yes

Nomination Process
To Become a
Poll Worker

County appoints for
general and special
elections. Parties appoint
for primaries.

http://www.eac.gov/assets/1/Page/Poll Worker Requirements by State.pdf

but could be wrong

seems reasonable

not only that, but in every state that I know of, poll workers work in teams of two or more, so for this stuff to have happened in any major way would require the knowing collusion of a number of poll workers, which would be a crime for which they can be prosecuted.

Is it possible that a poll worker team screwed up a name or two and let a vote get through that should have been disqualified? Well, sure, that is possible, but highly unlikely that enough of those votes, if any, would change the results of this runoff election.

Not only did Cochran do better in black counties in contrast to the primary in early June, he also did decidedly better in a great number of majority white counties, counties that tend to be 70-30 or 80-20 R-D in presidential elections.

So, it wasn't just black democrats who had not yet voted in a primary who helped Cochran along, he obviously picked up a great number of white, conservative votes as well. Exactly how many and the motivations of each voter, no one will ever know, nor should everyone know. Secret ballot, right of privacy, inalienable rights and all that cool jazz....

:D

The truth is that the election was decided by last minute robocalls that lied about McDaniel's positions on food stamps, welfare, and race. It was a dirty tactic, but it worked.

If there was voter fraud, that should be brought out and those votes removed from the count.

Cochran is a perfect example of why we need term limits for congress.

In the end, the Teapers will threaten an armed insurrection if there isn't for some sort of recount or re-do. Teapers are a brutal and hateful group. I mean, they sent their goons out on election day to make sure blackie didn't vote twice.

LOL, teapers are a funny bunch. Do you support an armed insurrection if McDaniels loses his challenge? How dare dem black bastards deny the teapers of their candidate.

McDaniels should run third party

seems reasonable

It doesn't work that way. The same poll workers work all elections. The Cochran camp got democrat blacks to vote for him by lying about his opponent and claiming that he would cut food stamps, welfare, and that he hated black people.

It was a very bad example of corrupt politics. Sadly, corruption and lies many times work.

i dont know

Mississippi***

Yes

Nomination Process
To Become a
Poll Worker

County appoints for
general and special
for primaries.

but could be wrong

I lived and voted in Mississippi for 30 years (now in Louisiana). The same poll workers work all elections, primary and general. What you quoted is not followed in practice.

seems reasonable

i dont know

Mississippi***

Yes

Nomination Process
To Become a
Poll Worker

County appoints for
general and special
for primaries.

but could be wrong

The pdf is from 2007, maybe and updated version is out there.
but it is pretty specific about the requirements for the payment of poll managers and the training of poll workers. No mention of partisan breakdown.

To late for him to run 3rd party, the filing deadline for MS already came and went.

But he could do a write-in campaign.

i dont know

Mississippi***

Yes

Nomination Process
To Become a
Poll Worker

County appoints for
general and special
for primaries.

but could be wrong

I lived and voted in Mississippi for 30 years (now in Louisiana). The same poll workers work all elections, primary and general. What you quoted is not followed in practice.

like i said

i dont know

i just posted what the law dictates

since the law says the party picks the poll workers in a primary

they may simply choose to keep the same ones on board

Yes, or as a write in candidate. Lieberman did it and won.

It is a possibility, but will probably be impossible to get Childers under 42-43%. If he does a write-in, he will split the GOP vote, which is just fine with me.

Sure, if he wants to guarantee a Democrat win and further alienate the GOP from the Tea Party nutters. He probably will run 3rd party...I have mixed feelings about that...lose a seat or let the teapers dig a deeper hole for themselves. I hate the tea party so much...I am willing to sacrifice that seat in exchange for Republicans dismissing the teapers and working to oust them from the GOP.

And just a mild-mannered note: should this thing get dragged out, it means more time and money that Cochran has to sink into something other than his GE campaign, which could make Childers more of a threat. Even so, it looks like a safe R seat in the election with inc. Cochran as the nominee.

i dont know

Mississippi***

Yes

Nomination Process
To Become a
Poll Worker

County appoints for
general and special
for primaries.

but could be wrong

The pdf is from 2007, maybe and updated version is out there.
but it is pretty specific about the requirements for the payment of poll managers and the training of poll workers. No mention of partisan breakdown.

No mention of partisan breakdown

no but it does say the party picks the poll workers in a primary

Sure, if he wants to guarantee a Democrat win and further alienate the GOP from the Tea Party nutters. He probably will run 3rd party...I have mixed feelings about that...lose a seat or let the teapers dig a deeper hole for themselves. I hate the tea party so much...I am willing to sacrifice that seat in exchange for Republicans dismissing the teapers and working to oust them from the GOP.

if he wants to guarantee a Democrat win

those are the breaks

What specifically do you hate "so much" ? Be specific, no talking points or left wing lies. The teaparty platform is very clear. What about it do you hate?

Do you hate it that they have taken on the corruption of the establishment in both parties?

Do you hate it that they want the govt to follow the constituion?

Do you hate it that they want a balanced budget, secure borders, and a sane foreign policy?

What exactly do you hate?

if he wants to guarantee a Democrat win

those are the breaks

Cochran is a Rino, he might as well be a democrat.

Yes, or as a write in candidate. Lieberman did it and won.

he did

i am not sure that McDaniels can pull it off

Completely different dynamic in MS than was in CT, and Lieberman was in incumbent Senator who then ran as an independent after losing his primary. Similar story for Murkowski in Alaska in 2010.

I don't recall a challenger who lost a primary end up winning a write-in vote in any kind of marquee election. Anyone aware of such a case? I am not.

Forum List

Back