Coffey Anderson's "What To Do When You Get Pulled Over" viral video

I was stopped by a police officer and when she came to my window, I knew she would want to see my license. Problem was, that I had just come from walking in the park and had my license loose in my hand. And, it fell out of my hand between the the seat and the center piece. I started to reach down to try and retrieve it when she yelled for me to freeze! Whoa! I was shocked and immediately stopped and put my hands out for her to see them, and explained what I was doing.

She said not to move again and asked my name and address. I told her and she went to her car to call for my information. While she was gone, I attempted to get the license and finally was successful. I showed it to her so she could see I was telling the truth, but she wasn't impressed.

All went well after that, I got a warning for old tags but I saw how not following instructions could cause a life or death altercation. I never realized how "on the edge" officers have to be. It just takes seconds to be looking down the barrel...for both sides, the officer and me. I was a white older lady, but that didn't change anything...I was still a threat.

I told her that I didn't envy her the job she has and to stay safe. Today, that is hard.

What a barbaric country to live in, like some third world wild west.

Rather you than me.

Here is everything you need to know about dealing with Police.

Very reasonable, and if the suggestions are followed, lives should be saved.

You don't listen to black people. Why should they have to follow instructions? They are black. They gots rights.

As was recently explained by a black man, they aren't servile, please, thank you, excuse me, that's slave talk.

Rather you than me.
How many people are declaring war on police? I would have acted exactly the way she did. Her life is on the line everyday she goes to work. Who WANTS A JOB LIKE THAT???? It's nuts to want to be a police officer just to protect those who want you killed. God Bless Police Officers!

You don't listen to black people. Why should they have to follow instructions? They are black. They gots rights.

As was recently explained by a black man, they aren't servile, please, thank you, excuse me, that's slave talk.

Oh boy...if that is regarded as "slave talk" they are in for a very rough time. Common decency is slave talk...tsk, tsk.

I was stopped by a police officer and when she came to my window, I knew she would want to see my license. Problem was, that I had just come from walking in the park and had my license loose in my hand. And, it fell out of my hand between the the seat and the center piece. I started to reach down to try and retrieve it when she yelled for me to freeze! Whoa! I was shocked and immediately stopped and put my hands out for her to see them, and explained what I was doing.

She said not to move again and asked my name and address. I told her and she went to her car to call for my information. While she was gone, I attempted to get the license and finally was successful. I showed it to her so she could see I was telling the truth, but she wasn't impressed.

All went well after that, I got a warning for old tags but I saw how not following instructions could cause a life or death altercation. I never realized how "on the edge" officers have to be. It just takes seconds to be looking down the barrel...for both sides, the officer and me. I was a white older lady, but that didn't change anything...I was still a threat.

I told her that I didn't envy her the job she has and to stay safe. Today, that is hard.

The way things are now, I will be extra careful next time I get pulled over.

I don't have any problem with the police profiling me or anyone else.

You say you are an older white woman. Let's face it, the reality is you are far less likely to get violent with anyone including an officer, a young hot head male is much more likely, and officers know that.
If an officer barks out a command, they know you are more likely to respond without challenging them, or getting confrontational.
Let's be honest here, young males, especially black males, are more likely to take the officers orders as a challenge and are more likely to escalate the situation.

Rather you than me.
How many people are declaring war on police? I would have acted exactly the way she did. Her life is on the line everyday she goes to work. Who WANTS A JOB LIKE THAT???? It's nuts to want to be a police officer just to protect those who want you killed. God Bless Police Officers!

If I'm white and wanting to get into law enforcement, the last place I would want to work would be a large city with a sizable minority population.

The way things are now, I will be extra careful next time I get pulled over.

I don't have any problem with the police profiling me or anyone else.

You say you are an older white woman. Let's face it, the reality is you are far less likely to get violent with anyone including an officer, a young hot head male is much more likely, and officers know that.
If an officer barks out a command, they know you are more likely to respond without challenging them, or getting confrontational.
Let's be honest here, young males, especially black males, are more likely to take the officers orders as a challenge and are more likely to escalate the situation.
Unfortunately, I think you are right. It has happened to white males that refuse to follow directions as well. Following directions is always "for someone else."

One of the police officers killed in Dallas was a veteran from Iraq or Afghanistan. Multiple terms of duty. He survives it just to come back and get killed in Dallas over race. What's wrong with us????

Right. I can see a cop being justified in killing someone for not saying thank you.

This is still one of my favorite videos and kudos to rock for addressing the problem with humor. It is so apt for today.

It's not just lately. Police officers have always been trained to be in total control of an interaction with the public at all times.

It's not just lately. Police officers have always been trained to be in total control of an interaction with the public at all times.
Is that wrong? What happens when they are not in control?

Many stops/calls involve someone who does not want to go back to jail. They are carrying illegal gun or driving illegally etc. But the best idea they can come uo with, resist or shoot or reach for weapon? Those facing long sentence are a huge problem.

Forum List

Back