Cognitive Dissonance

I do. I just don't need to make rationalizations like you do.

This is what you said

Yes, I enjoy eating meat but that's the reason I eat meat. It's not the reason I don't eat meat. The reason I don't eat meat is because I am weak and selfish.

Do you eat meat? I don't think you know what cognitive dissonance is.

This is what you said

Yes, I enjoy eating meat but that's the reason I eat meat. It's not the reason I don't eat meat. The reason I don't eat meat is because I am weak and selfish.

Do you eat meat? I don't think you know what cognitive dissonance is.
Yes. I do. I just don’t rationalize I’m a good person for doing so. Cognitive dissonance would be me justifying there’s nothing wrong with killing animals. But please feel free to correct my understanding of cognitive bias by providing your explanation.

Yes. I do. I just don’t rationalize I’m a good person for doing so. Cognitive dissonance would be me justifying there’s nothing wrong with killing animals. But please feel free to correct my understanding of cognitive bias by providing your explanation.
Wrong? What's wrong about it?

No you rationalize what you know and agree is cruel behavior because your pleasure is more important to you than the suffering you cause.

No you rationalize what you know and agree is cruel behavior because your pleasure is more important to you than the suffering you cause.
Can you quote the post I wrote that supports your contention?

Because what I wrote doesn’t support it. I admitted what I am doing is wrong.

It’s funny how you ignored sealybobo’s implied statement that killing animals for food isn’t wrong and attacked me instead when I said killing animals is wrong.

I'm not defensive. I'm confused why you won't accept the fact that I admit eating meat is wrong but choose to do it because I like it and am too selfish and weak not to do it. I don't rationalize like you do.

You know it's wrong but your pleasure is more important to you

Yes. I already admitted that. I have no cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance would be me denying it was wrong when in reality it was.

I said you were rationalizing behavior you agree is bad because your pleasure is more important to you than the suffering you cause.

There was no rationalization. I admitted it was wrong.
But you defend your wrong actions that is rationalization.

Your pleasure is more important to you than the suffering you cause and you blame it on "weakness"

That is a rationalization

I bet you see abortion that way too.
I feel bad about the deer who had to die to give me life.

A lot worse for the deer than I do a fetus

1696423311739.png

In the immortal words of Alan Iverson. "Practice? We're talking about practice?"

Fetus'? We're worrying about other people's fetus' Ding? Really? I doubt it.

But you defend your wrong actions that is rationalization.

Your pleasure is more important to you than the suffering you cause and you blame it on "weakness"

That is a rationalization
How did I defend them?

I already said I was selfish.

That isn't a rationalization. That is a statement of fact.

How did I defend them?

I already said I was selfish.

That isn't a rationalization. That is a statement of fact.
You made an excuse as to why you will continue to eat meat even though you said your self it was wrong. It's no different than making an excuse to molest children.

A child molester will say he is weak but you would not accept that excuse would you?

So your morality is obviously flexible and if it is flexible then your morality is relative.

Forum List

Back