Coke, Hookers, Tequila better at preventing suicide than antidepressants

You are wrong. The medications work. I type about these patients every single day.

You just argue to argue ... You won't find a single professional in the field of medicine or psychology that will support your claims of "one size fits all".

I never said that meds didn't help some people manage their depression. That doesn't mean that the meds address the root cause of their depression in some cases. It also doesn't mean that people cannot learn more productive ways to manage their depression.

Again ... I am not knocking people who may be satisfied popping pills and cruising along. I am suggesting that people popping pills and not getting better (even more, those who feel worse) need to re-examine their options and look elsewhere for a second opinion and alternative options.

Never trust a Doctor that isn't willing to fathom the idea they may not have the answer ... Or that isn't open to investigating the opportunity of a second opinion.

No ... You keep ignoring the fact that ideas like "cannot" do more damage than "how".

That is retarded.

Says the person who is more interested in what they think they cannot do ... Than they are interested in figuring out how they can do what is far more enjoyable. No wonder you think drugs are a better answer for people who are depressed because their life sucks and they don't know how to let go and start moving in a more productive and enjoyable direction.

... And you actually think you are helping people.

This is just silly. People who are suffering from depression should listen to their psychiatrists, not to people on the internet who are spamming for business. Lol!

Yo peanut ... I have a Bachelor's of Science in Psychology ... And made it about three quarters of the way through my Master's ... When I cut loose from the courses. They were not interested in fixing people ... They are drug pushers and more interested in managing people and their symptoms. I haven't been spamming for business, because my business is by invitation only.

That makes both of your statements wrong (at least regarding me or my business) ... Care to keep going?

You are wrong. The medications work. I type about these patients every single day.

I know one dude on happy pills...honestly, every time I see him, I think he'd be better off dead. Near as I can tell, he has been chemically lobotomized.

I will not lighten up. Not only do I type about such patients every day for my living, but suicide and depression have touched me in a personal way, and I take this stuff deadly serious. I don't care about your past experiences.

My mother's brother gassed himself in his car less than an hour after leaving his shrink's office. He had been seeing the dude for about 3 months...when his wife left him, it destroyed him.

I have seen a couple of shrinks, and agree with the Marine: most of them are real weirdos.

I will not lighten up. Not only do I type about such patients every day for my living, but suicide and depression have touched me in a personal way, and I take this stuff deadly serious. I don't care about your past experiences.

My mother's brother gassed himself in his car less than an hour after leaving his shrink's office. He had been seeing the dude for about 3 months...when his wife left him, it destroyed him.

I have seen a couple of shrinks, and agree with the Marine: most of them are real weirdos.
As the old song goes.

You just argue to argue ... You won't find a single professional in the field of medicine or psychology that will support your claims of "one size fits all".

I never said that meds didn't help some people manage their depression. That doesn't mean that the meds address the root cause of their depression in some cases. It also doesn't mean that people cannot learn more productive ways to manage their depression.

Again ... I am not knocking people who may be satisfied popping pills and cruising along. I am suggesting that people popping pills and not getting better (even more, those who feel worse) need to re-examine their options and look elsewhere for a second opinion and alternative options.

Never trust a Doctor that isn't willing to fathom the idea they may not have the answer ... Or that isn't open to investigating the opportunity of a second opinion.

and WHAT is the title of this thread?

I think some people may be confusing loneliness with depression too. The two things are not the same. Loneliness can lead to depression though. The thing is that a lot of depressed people do not want to interact with other people at all. They close themselves off from others and would rather be alone.

and WHAT is the title of this thread?

The thread is about a man on anti-depressants who wanted to kill himself while taking the drugs prescribed by his psychologist ... You can argue that he should keep taking them if you feel like it.

I hope he doesn't take your advice.

I know one dude on happy pills...honestly, every time I see him, I think he'd be better off dead. Near as I can tell, he has been chemically lobotomized.
They must hand them out like candy here. A number of gals I've known were on anti-depressants. No real ups or downs, just a bland lifeless personality once you get to know them.

One gal I know was getting depressed over her boyfriend and told me she was going on the pills. I knew our friendship was going to end, sure enough she turned in a zombie and didn't give a fuck about anything anymore. Boyfriend booted her to the curb and she moved back home.

Of course shrinks are going to protect their pocketbook, convincing people they are victims in life and need professional meds and care is how they eat.

I think some people may be confusing loneliness with depression too. The two things are not the same. Loneliness can lead to depression though. The thing is that a lot of depressed people do not want to interact with other people at all. They close themselves off from others and would rather be alone.
I think most people know the difference and don't need people talking down to them. Life is about choices and for you the only choice is medication.

Forum List

Back