Colbert trashing GOP chair in Georgia

You give him credit for thinking? If he had the ability to think he wouldn't be a liberal.

Oh yes....Colbert is another dimwitted liberal

But his satire is capable of brining down the most powerful Republican. Repubs can try to dismiss the effectiveness of his satire but ridicule is hard to recover from
The difference between humor and lying is that with humor, everybody wins. The reason comedy is not Coldbear's profession is because he aims to kill with no redemption every political opponent and give a free pass to his cronies aka shitty bottom feeders. That doesn't even pass as hyperbole.

What does Rush Limbaugh do?

Colbert is much more effective in reaching the young voters than Rush is in riling up the dittoheads

Oh yes....Colbert is another dimwitted liberal

But his satire is capable of brining down the most powerful Republican. Repubs can try to dismiss the effectiveness of his satire but ridicule is hard to recover from
The difference between humor and lying is that with humor, everybody wins. The reason comedy is not Coldbear's profession is because he aims to kill with no redemption every political opponent and give a free pass to his cronies aka shitty bottom feeders. That doesn't even pass as hyperbole.

Colbert is much more effective in reaching the young voters than Rush is in riling up the dittoheads
Limbaugh is musical and he puts the crescendo on lyres. :tongue:

Colbert is a good tricycle for learning jokes and hack lines. Should serve you well.

Maybe you and people of your ilk should take note. Colbert and Stewart have won over the youth of this country. That generation is going to grow into their 20's and 30's thinking Republicans are nothing more than bitter, angry, ignorant and sometimes racist/sexist old men.

Now please....silence yourself and pay your taxes old man:eusa_hand:

Well, here’s the thing. The Republicans kind of suck.

If I’m a young conservative and want small gov’t, it doesn’t make sense going with the GOP because they have really done nothing but drastically EXPAND the reach and Authority of the Federal Gov’t in the past 15 years. Just look to Bush and the creation of one of the largest and most sophisticated domestic spy organizations in history. $3 trillion dollar war with a country that didn’t attack us, all while upholding tax cuts? How’s that for fiscal responsibility?

Again, the hypocrisy makes them an easy target.

Last edited:

Limbaugh is musical and he puts the crescendo on lyres. :tongue:

A singularly appropriate metaphor, since a lyre, contrary to popular fiddlemyth, is what Nero played while Rome burned.

Just sayin'... :D

Colbert and Stewart, where Liberals go for their news and talking points

OK that's three times I count that this "getting news from comedians" line has been played in this thread.

Do you guys really not notice that it never works? Talk about a Bubble...

Topical comedians are fueled on the real world of real events, specifically the silliest. That's what makes those events ... comedic. Colbert is a satirist. If the material he's satirizing wasn't satire-worthy, the show wouldn't have worked for the last eight years. So this constant whine about "getting news from a comedian" not only confirms the silliness of that news that serves as material, but it also just comes off as so much sour grapes.

{Although it could be said that one side gets all the humorists (Colbert, Stewart, Carlin, Maher, etc) and the other side gets all the Grumpy Old Men (Limblob, Boortz, O'Liarly, Beck, Hannity... some of whom aren't even old but play one on TV). It seems one side appeals to funny while the other appeals to fear. I think that's got a lot to do with what succeeds on talk radio too but that's another topic... }

FWIW I don't hear him mocking a Southern accent when he quotes the Georgia congresscritteress. Though I'm sure he could if he wanted to, being from South Carolina.

Colbert is a good tricycle for learning jokes and hack lines. Should serve you well.

Maybe you and people of your ilk should take note. Colbert and Stewart have won over the youth of this country. That generation is going to grow into their 20's and 30's thinking Republicans are nothing more than bitter, angry, ignorant and sometimes racist/sexist old men.

Who are the people like me and what is our ilk?

Colbert and Stewart are comedians, admittedly funny ones, but comedians none the less. Anyone getting real life lessons from them deserve to be mocked.

Comedy is a communication art form. Those who don't get it, denigrate it.

Their loss.

Colbert and Stewart are comedians, admittedly funny ones, but comedians none the less. Anyone getting real life lessons from them deserve to be mocked.

Mark Twain was a satirist
So was Will Rogers

There is a long history of political satire and it can bring a politician to his knees

So was Will Rogers

There is a long history of political satire and it can bring a politician to his knees

It sure can. Sadly most Americans are easily led.

So was Will Rogers

Far from it

If a satirist is off the mark he fizzles. But if his satire is on target.....your doomed

Tina Fey destroyed Sarah Palin

So was Will Rogers

Far from it

If a satirist is off the mark he fizzles. But if his satire is on target.....your doomed

The same Sarah Palin who remains a tremendous fundraiser? Yeah, i don't think so. Any issues have more to do with Sarah Palin than Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin.
Remind me which Republicans Colbert has destroyed again.

Far from it

The same Sarah Palin who remains a tremendous fundraiser? Yeah, i don't think so. Any issues have more to do with Sarah Palin than Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin.

Palin will never hold elected office again. The fact that she can suck dollars out of wing nuts does nothing to prove her a viable candidate

Far from it

Palin will never hold elected office again. The fact that she can suck dollars out of wing nuts does nothing to prove her a viable candidate
Im sorry but holding public office is not the yardstick someones contrubitions or worth are measured by.

Im sorry but holding public office is not the yardstick someones contrubitions or worth are measured by.
Please try to stay on topic

We are talking about the ability of Satirists to affect political careers

Palins is over

Please try to stay on topic

We are talking about the ability of Satirists to affect political careers

Palins is over

I thought it was about Colbert and some pol in GA.
But you make your own rules. And your own facts. And your own logic.

Does the left live in an alternate dimension or does their incredible capacity for hatred cloud their minds to the point that they consider the Comedy Channel to be their source of political analysis?

Does the left live in an alternate dimension or does their incredible capacity for hatred cloud their minds to the point that they consider the Comedy Channel to be their source of political analysis?

There's no "hatred" in comedy. Maybe that's why you don't get it.

Forum List

Back