Cold Forecast Dashes U.S. Crop Planting Hopes

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
With everything else going on, most of it Bidens' fault, now the weather may give us another inflationary spurt if these numbers do not improve.

The USDA released its sixth Crop Progress report earlier in the week.
The agency, which is tasked with stabilizing the markets rather than painting a true picture, reported that corn planted stands at just 22% compared with the previous five-year average of 50%. Also, just 5% has ’emerged’ compared with the average of 15%.
Soybeans are also in trouble: 12% have been planted, compared with the five-year average of 24%.
Spring wheat planted is at 27% compared with the average of 47%; while just 9% has emerged compared with the norm of 15%. Winter wheat ‘headed’ came in at 33% vs the 40% average. More concerning, though, winter wheat condition was rated 29% good/excellent and 39% poor/very poor, compared with the previous year of 49% good/excellent and 18% poor/very poor.
And not forgetting oats, the planted area was reported at 55% vs the five-year average of 71%; while just 36% of oats have emerged compared with the 50% norm by this time of the year.
I don’t need to tell you, but these numbers –particularly in light of the incoming cold (shown below) plus the shortfalls noted elsewhere (such as in Brazil/Argentina/Ukraine/Russia/Kazakhstan)– is nothing short of a disaster. Additionally, you also have a shortage of inputs to factor in: any seeds that do end up in the ground will still suffer due to a lack of fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides (reduced fertilizer application = lower yields).

GFS 2m Temperature Anomalies (C) May 16 – May 28 [tropicaltidbits.com].

Last edited:
1652472051549.png

100% of my corn is planted. You suckers are on your own.

It has been a tad wet since we passed the frost date. It wasn't as dry as I would have preferred when I put mine in, but I didn't want to wait so it missed all the free spring rain either.

I don't think the Repubs have to pray for it. Dems inflict suffering and misery as a general policy. They need to keep every dependent on the government to keep buying votes.

Then why do all the recessions and wars happen when Republicans are in charge?

Then why do all the recessions and wars happen when Republicans are in charge?
Oh? I didn't realize FDR and LBJ were republicans. Both parties get us in to wars when they think it benefits them somehow. Your blind allegiance to one side shows why we need to find a way to eliminate the party system.

Oh? I didn't realize FDR and LBJ were republicans. Both parties get us in to wars when they think it benefits them somehow. Your blind allegiance to one side shows why we need to find a way to eliminate the party system.

The fact you have to go back to LBJ to find a war should say a lot.

Or that you have to go back to Jimmy Carter to find a Democrat recession.

With everything else going on, most of it Bidens' fault, now the weather may give us another inflationary spurt if these numbers do not improve.

The USDA released its sixth Crop Progress report earlier in the week.
The agency, which is tasked with stabilizing the markets rather than painting a true picture, reported that corn planted stands at just 22% compared with the previous five-year average of 50%. Also, just 5% has ’emerged’ compared with the average of 15%.
Soybeans are also in trouble: 12% have been planted, compared with the five-year average of 24%.
Spring wheat planted is at 27% compared with the average of 47%; while just 9% has emerged compared with the norm of 15%. Winter wheat ‘headed’ came in at 33% vs the 40% average. More concerning, though, winter wheat condition was rated 29% good/excellent and 39% poor/very poor, compared with the previous year of 49% good/excellent and 18% poor/very poor.
And not forgetting oats, the planted area was reported at 55% vs the five-year average of 71%; while just 36% of oats have emerged compared with the 50% norm by this time of the year.
I don’t need to tell you, but these numbers –particularly in light of the incoming cold (shown below) plus the shortfalls noted elsewhere (such as in Brazil/Argentina/Ukraine/Russia/Kazakhstan)– is nothing short of a disaster. Additionally, you also have a shortage of inputs to factor in: any seeds that do end up in the ground will still suffer due to a lack of fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides (reduced fertilizer application = lower yields).

GFS 2m Temperature Anomalies (C) May 16 – May 28 [tropicaltidbits.com].

I've been curious about this as well. Coupled with increases in diesel fuel a loaf of Wonder Bread will top $10 this winter

I don't think the Repubs have to pray for it. Dems inflict suffering and misery as a general policy. They need to keep every dependent on the government to keep buying votes.
Biden, Pelosi and Schumer are last democrat leaders you'll ever see in the USA

Forum List

Back