Colorado Legalizes Weed for Recreational Use

Reality check....

"The first sale, orchestrated as a news media photo opportunity, was made to Sean Azzariti, an Iraq War veteran who has lobbied publicly for legalization and says pot helps mitigate problems stemming from his post-traumatic stress syndrome. Azzariti, who served six years in the Marine Corps and two tours in Iraq, spent about $60 at 3D Cannabis Center for an eighth of an ounce of "Bubba Kush" and a pot-laden truffle."
Iraq War vet makes Colorado's first pot purchase

$500 per ounce ???

Maybe there has been some price inflation since I wandered around in the culture, but nobody is going to pay that price.

What is it with liberals and state marketing? Maybe they could pass an Affordable Pot Act. They could call it 'Obamaspleef' or something.

Yeah surely someone will think to open a Mexican Dirt Weed Shop that sells shitty 100 dollar an once weed.

State taxes on the sales of pot are expected to be 67 MILLION dollars. I wonder what the federal tax will be?

Less cost to an individual than being arrested, jailed, convicted, prison sentence incarceration, job disparity and loss of taxes from income that could be earned.

State taxes on the sales of pot are expected to be 67 MILLION dollars. I wonder what the federal tax will be?

Just the savings from ending the war on drugs and getting all those people out of our prisons and removing at least that excuse for government to violate our privacy alone would be massive.

That Price is about right.

$500 per ounce?

No way, the drug cartels will put them out of business. They will have to lower the price to get customers.

From a tax enforcement perspective, the pot can't be identified all on it's own as being state sanctioned.

Reality check....

"The first sale, orchestrated as a news media photo opportunity, was made to Sean Azzariti, an Iraq War veteran who has lobbied publicly for legalization and says pot helps mitigate problems stemming from his post-traumatic stress syndrome. Azzariti, who served six years in the Marine Corps and two tours in Iraq, spent about $60 at 3D Cannabis Center for an eighth of an ounce of "Bubba Kush" and a pot-laden truffle."

$500 per ounce ???

Maybe there has been some price inflation since I wandered around in the culture, but nobody is going to pay that price.

What is it with liberals and state marketing? Maybe they could pass an Affordable Pot Act. They could call it 'Obamaspleef' or something.

Yeah surely someone will think to open a Mexican Dirt Weed Shop that sells shitty 100 dollar an once weed.

Medical MJ in some states is only low grade unless the laws allows a higher grade.

The Feds grow and distributes medical MJ since the Carter Administration. It is low grade.

$500 per ounce?

No way, the drug cartels will put them out of business. They will have to lower the price to get customers.

From a tax enforcement perspective, the pot can't be identified all on it's own as being state sanctioned.

Not so, now we do not have to buy from the drug cartel. Which meant scarcity, unreliable supplies and injury if you were jacked. The plus side is that the cops are off your ass also.

DUI's can be given if you are tested and found to have more than 5 nanograms of THC in your system.

4 hours after smoking you will be legal to drive.

Last edited:
MJ is not sold for smoking, there are pills, baking paste and vaporization.

recent medical journals have linked pot to schizophrenia. Even if untrue, pot is a gateway drug in the very least.

This doesn't seem like it's going to end well for you. But let's let's take this reasoning out further and see where it goes.

Pot is a gateway drug, so let's make sure that kids who use it are buying it illegally from drug users who sell other drugs.

Yep, the initial thought was right, this didn't end well for you.

BTW, I smoked dope in high school. Never tried anything else, haven't smoked pot in 30 years.

I believe it's suffice to say you're in the minority.

Out of the 100 or so people I smoked with in the 1970's. I know of only 3 that still smoke.

$500 per ounce?

Not so, now we do not have to buy from the drug cartel. Which meant scarcity, unreliable supplies and injury if you were jacked. The plus side is that the cops are off your ass also.

The black market will always undercut a government imposed price control. It does not matter what the commodity is. And the cops will not know where you bought it.

recent medical journals have linked pot to schizophrenia. Even if untrue, pot is a gateway drug in the very least.

Every single study in the past sixty years that was done by independent researchers finds your claim bogus. There is no such thing as a gateway drug. Only bad lifestyles.

Reality check....

$500 per ounce ???

The Waltons are working on it now

$500 per ounce?

The black market will always undercut a government imposed price control. It does not matter what the commodity is. And the cops will not know where you bought it.

And nobody ever get busted for buying or selling, right? Cops use narks and surveillance. tell me another.

$500 per ounce?

Someone will always undercut someone else. Removing the fear of arrest and destroying someones life because of weed is worth it

Long as there isn't a correpsponding Twinkie and Pringles shortage, and potheads dont' set fire to anything important, I hope this will spread to all 50 states quickly. I'd certainly avail myself o ti being legal :) As would my brother, his wife, our Mom...:) (we're all from California.) ;)

Heroin and coca leaves were widely used before the age of the chemist that refined and increased it's strength.

Someone will always undercut someone else. Removing the fear of arrest and destroying someones life because of weed is worth it

I have a feeling prices will drop once more people get in on selling it, market drivers and all.

I do think the taxes are a bit high on it, but that can always be changed if they see people are still going to thier illegal dealers.

Long as there isn't a correpsponding Twinkie and Pringles shortage, and potheads dont' set fire to anything important, I hope this will spread to all 50 states quickly. I'd certainly avail myself o ti being legal :) As would my brother, his wife, our Mom...:) (we're all from California.) ;)

It is legal in Washington State also, they just don't have any places to buy it, you can grow it in three states.
Alaska has allowed people to grow it for decades.

Reality check....

$500 per ounce ???

Medical MJ in some states is only low grade unless the laws allows a higher grade.

The Feds grow and distributes medical MJ since the Carter Administration. It is low grade.

I think patience's should be able to do like the Founding Fathers did, import seeds and grow their own. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back