Colorado Sheriffs Threaten Not To Enforce Their Own State’s Gun Laws

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
By Matt Ferner

When debating gun control and the rights granted by the Second Amendment, heated arguments and debates are expected -- but a few people have gone too far by threatening some state lawmakers over the gun control bills currently being considered by the state legislature.

Fox31 was the first to report that Franklin Sain, a 42-year-old Colorado Springs man, was arrested for making threats against Rep. Rhonda Fields (D-Aurora), the sponsor of two of the four controversial gun measures that passed the state House last week.

Sain is accused of harassing Rep. Fields in emails and in a voicemail and is also charged with attempting to influence a public official, The Denver Post reports.

“I am grateful for the prompt work of the Colorado State Patrol in bringing this suspect to justice," Fields said in a statement. "I also thank the Denver Police Department, which was instrumental in the investigation. I will not be deterred by threats.”

Fields is the sponsor of House Bill 1224 which bans high-capacity gun magazines and limits capacity to 15 bullets, House Bill 1229 which requires universal background checks for all private gun sales in the state, including private sales.

Before the bills passed, 9News reported that several Democrats received death threats during the legislation hearing process. Freshman Rep. Joe Salazar (D-Thornton) was one of those lawmakers that received this threat via his phone's voicemail:

Hey Salazar, you f--king fascist, you want to outlaw magazines? Come and f--king take them. Are you will to kill the f--king outlaw magazines, because you will f--king die.

Many of Colorado's police chiefs are also in favor of stricter gun control laws in the state. CBS4 spoke with Tom Deland, head of the Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police, who said that police chiefs across the state support the universal background check bill and the high-capacity magazine ban bill that would limit firearm magazines to only 15 bullets. “Do we believe that this is going to solve the entire issue?" Tom Deland asked CBS4. "We know that it’s not, but it is one important step." Deland says that his organization supports ideas like these that keep Colorado citizens, and its police, safer.

More: Colorado Lawmakers Get Threatened Over Gun Control Legislation

Man arrested for death threats against Rep. Rhonda Fields over gun legislation | KDVR.com ? Denver News, Weather & Sports from FOX 31 News in Denver, Colorado

Man booked on suspicion of harassing Colorado Rep. Rhonda Fields - The Denver Post

Many of Colorado's police chiefs are also in favor of stricter gun control laws in the state. CBS4 spoke with Tom Deland, head of the Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police, who said that police chiefs across the state support the universal background check bill and the high-capacity magazine ban bill that would limit firearm magazines to only 15 bullets. “Do we believe that this is going to solve the entire issue?" Tom Deland asked CBS4. "We know that it’s not, but it is one important step." Deland says that his organization supports ideas like these that keep Colorado citizens, and its police, safer.

Amen.

Amen.

Ironic, isn't it? The NRA projects itself as a friend of law enforcement. But who's out on the front lines dealing with people who can buy guns with large magazine capacities without going through background checks?

The Gov't can do what ever it wants but you can't call it a Tyranny.

When an American citizen does what he's supposed to do, fight back, he gets arrested.

So we're just supposed to go along with Tyranny because it was "popularly elected"?

rachel-rules.jpg

Where was the libturd outrage when the following occured?

Huge Mob of SEIU Goons Attacks Banker?s Home | Right Wing News

Last Sunday, on a peaceful, sun-crisp afternoon, our toddler finally napping upstairs, my front yard exploded with 500 screaming, placard-waving strangers on a mission to intimidate my neighbor, Greg Baer. Baer is deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500), a senior executive based in Washington, D.C. And that — in the minds of the organizers at the politically influential Service Employees International Union and a Chicago outfit called National Political Action — makes his family fair game.

Waving signs denouncing bank “greed,” hordes of invaders poured out of 14 school buses, up Baer’s steps, and onto his front porch. As bullhorns rattled with stories of debtor calls and foreclosed homes, Baer’s teenage son Jack — alone in the house — locked himself in the bathroom. …

Now this event would accurately be called a “protest” if it were taking place at, say, a bank or the U.S. Capitol. But when hundreds of loud and angry strangers are descending on your family, your children, and your home, a more apt description of this assemblage would be “mob.” Intimidation was the whole point of this exercise, and it worked-even on the police. A trio of officers who belatedly answered our calls confessed a fear that arrests might “incite” these trespassers.

Amen.

Ironic, isn't it? The NRA projects itself as a friend of law enforcement. But who's out on the front lines dealing with people who can buy guns with large magazine capacities without going through background checks?

Do you not understand that CRIMINALS do not care what the background check laws are, or what the magazine capacity laws are?

They buy their guns and mags out of car trunks, back alleys, etc., or they just steal them.

It takes 2-3 seconds to change a magazine. BIG DEAL! Doesn't matter to me if I have one 30-round mag or two 15-round mags.

Last Sunday, on a peaceful, sun-crisp afternoon, our toddler finally napping upstairs, my front yard exploded with 500 screaming, placard-waving strangers on a mission to intimidate my neighbor, Greg Baer. Baer is deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500), a senior executive based in Washington, D.C. And that — in the minds of the organizers at the politically influential Service Employees International Union and a Chicago outfit called National Political Action — makes his family fair game.

Waving signs denouncing bank “greed,” hordes of invaders poured out of 14 school buses, up Baer’s steps, and onto his front porch. As bullhorns rattled with stories of debtor calls and foreclosed homes, Baer’s teenage son Jack — alone in the house — locked himself in the bathroom. …

Now this event would accurately be called a “protest” if it were taking place at, say, a bank or the U.S. Capitol. But when hundreds of loud and angry strangers are descending on your family, your children, and your home, a more apt description of this assemblage would be “mob.” Intimidation was the whole point of this exercise, and it worked-even on the police. A trio of officers who belatedly answered our calls confessed a fear that arrests might “incite” these trespassers.

Holy shit, your link is dated May 20, 2010. Did anyone threaten to "kill" the banker? BTW, bankers ain't elected political lawmakers/representatives.

Do you not understand that CRIMINALS do not care what the background check laws are, or what the magazine capacity laws are?

They buy their guns and mags out of car trunks, back alleys, etc., or they just steal them.

It takes 2-3 seconds to change a magazine. BIG DEAL! Doesn't matter to me if I have one 30-round mag or two 15-round mags.

that's why all public firearms should be either bolt or lever action per round without detachable magazines - no exceptions.

Then WHY, pray tell, do you people want to make it EASIER for criminals to buy guns?

Amen.

Police chiefs support gun control only because they know what side their bread is buttered on, so they suck politician asshole. Rank-and-file police officers do not support gun control.

that's why all public firearms should be either bolt or lever action per round without detachable magazines - no exceptions.

Fuck that. That makes citizens easy meat for jack-booted government storm troopers, which is exactly the motivation behind gun control.

Holy shit, your link is dated May 20, 2010. Did anyone threaten to "kill" the banker? BTW, bankers ain't elected political lawmakers/representatives.

Irrelevant. The mob deliberately terrorized innocent people. They should have been thrown in jail.

Last edited:

Fuck that. That makes citizens easy meat for jack-booted government storm troopers, which is exactly the motivation behind gun control.

In your tinfoil hat world, do you honestly believe you could stop those "jack-booted government storm troopers" if they really wanted you?

In your tinfoil hat world, do you honestly believe you could stop those "jack-booted government storm troopers" if they really wanted you?

I could take plenty of them with me. When the jack-booted thugs get killed by the thousands in the attempt, they hesitate before herding enemies of the state off to the Gulag

Last edited:

Irrelevant. The mob was deliberately terrorized innocent people. They should have been thrown in jail.

Terrorized innocent people? Thrown in jail? Did they break any laws? First Amendment and freedom of speech...

By Matt Ferner

When debating gun control and the rights granted by the Second Amendment, heated arguments and debates are expected -- but a few people have gone too far by threatening some state lawmakers over the gun control bills currently being considered by the state legislature.

Fox31 was the first to report that Franklin Sain, a 42-year-old Colorado Springs man, was arrested for making threats against Rep. Rhonda Fields (D-Aurora), the sponsor of two of the four controversial gun measures that passed the state House last week.

Sain is accused of harassing Rep. Fields in emails and in a voicemail and is also charged with attempting to influence a public official, The Denver Post reports.

“I am grateful for the prompt work of the Colorado State Patrol in bringing this suspect to justice," Fields said in a statement. "I also thank the Denver Police Department, which was instrumental in the investigation. I will not be deterred by threats.”

Fields is the sponsor of House Bill 1224 which bans high-capacity gun magazines and limits capacity to 15 bullets, House Bill 1229 which requires universal background checks for all private gun sales in the state, including private sales.

Before the bills passed, 9News reported that several Democrats received death threats during the legislation hearing process. Freshman Rep. Joe Salazar (D-Thornton) was one of those lawmakers that received this threat via his phone's voicemail:

Hey Salazar, you f--king fascist, you want to outlaw magazines? Come and f--king take them. Are you will to kill the f--king outlaw magazines, because you will f--king die.

More: Colorado Lawmakers Get Threatened Over Gun Control Legislation

Man arrested for death threats against Rep. Rhonda Fields over gun legislation | KDVR.com ? Denver News, Weather & Sports from FOX 31 News in Denver, Colorado

Man booked on suspicion of harassing Colorado Rep. Rhonda Fields - The Denver Post

Good tar and feather the bastards.

Irrelevant. The mob was deliberately terrorized innocent people. They should have been thrown in jail.

Terrorized innocent people? Thrown in jail? Did they break any laws? First Amendment and freedom of speech...

Yes, they did break a law. They were terrorizing people in their homes, making them fear for their lives. It's a crime to burn a cross on someone else's lawn for the same reason, although I doubt you would question the illegality of the later.

Forum List

Back