Colorado @ TCU

I just can't stand all this modern show-boating The hotdogging the celebrating. Usually by the black players. But the players of yesteryear of either race didn't carry on like this. Jim Brown scored a TD, then handed the ball to the ref. That's the way to do it. But the black players after a touchdown running and posing as if for group photo -- that's nauseating.

What does that have to do with anything?
You dont see the irony of you whining about going back to 1970s recruiting practices using tech unimaginable then? The very tech that’s lead in part to the way recruiting is currently done?

I just can't stand all this modern show-boating The hotdogging the celebrating. Usually by the black players. But the players of yesteryear of either race didn't carry on like this. Jim Brown scored a TD, then handed the ball to the ref. That's the way to do it. But the black players after a touchdown running and posing as if for group photo -- that's nauseating.
Why do you watch then?

I was not crazy watching an SEC team play a cupkake team early and put big hits on defenseless smaller players and Gloat, dance, fist pump after. There was too much of that (or so it seemed to me) when Missouri opened up with South Dakota at MO. Be somewhat respectful, act with dignity. Not as many would label players animals or Felons. Hard to watch it. Bet when they play a team “their own size” they get less chance to maim the opposition.

Coach Smith is likely someone's name and Coach Prime isn't. And I already gave the reason I don't like Prime or Primetime. It denotes a selfish look-at-me flamboyant attitude that is not team oriented. Paterno or Bryant would never have tolerated such a thing.
When #3 scored that TD for Colorado, then slowed up and held up his last three fingers denoting his jersey number, that was me-first pure hotdogging. Generally harmful to a college team.

You forget that Paterno tolerated an assistant coach molesting boys.

I wish we would go back to the days when college teams had the best local high school players. WVU might have a boy from Petersburg, one from Moorefield, a couple from Charleston, one from Sissonville. Kids that were real students, playing football on the side. And now a team like WVU usually has few or no in-state players. Dey all black players from Florida.
And they should play close-by teams. WVU should play Pitt, Penn State, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio State. Not fricking Iowa State and Texas, and next year, Arizona.

There have always been players who went away to play college ball. Not all were local, nor should they be.

Joe Namath came from PA to play for Bear Bryant.

Part of the problem is that you seem to forget that these are 18-22 year old boys, playing in an atmosphere that rivals any sport for excitement from the fans.

Part of the problem is that you seem to forget that these are 18-22 year old boys, playing in an atmosphere that rivals any sport for excitement from the fans.
And that's where a mature coach is needed. Like Joe Pa. Not one who calls himself "Coach Prime".

A lot of this is the black culture. It's why black guys talk loud to each other, and yell across the parking lot, and laugh exaggeratedly loud. The showboating in games is part of that.

I was not crazy watching an SEC team play a cupkake team early and put big hits on defenseless smaller players and Gloat, dance, fist pump after. There was too much of that (or so it seemed to me) when Missouri opened up with South Dakota at MO. Be somewhat respectful, act with dignity. Not as many would label players animals or Felons. Hard to watch it. Bet when they play a team “their own size” they get less chance to maim the opposition.

The "cupcake" teams get paid very well to play a bigger team. And no team plays strictly a hard schedule. There are softies in every schedule.

Oh-Oh....some bloom come off da' Rose? Now we got some sort of a chip on shoulder? Can't just play a game and STHU?
I am not crazy about RHULE (as a coach, see CAR results) but I did not hear him say anything "disrespectful" about Deion?

“The coach said a lot of things about my pops, about the program, but now that he want to act nice - I don’t respect that because you’re hating on another man, you shouldn’t do that,” the quarterback told reporters at his postgame press conference. “It was just, all respect was gone for them and their program. I like playing against their [defensive coordinator], I like playing against them, but the respect level, it ain’t there cause you disrespected us first.”

He added: “It was extremely personal. We go out there to warm up, and you got the head coach for the other team trying to stand in the middle of the Buff. It’s okay if a couple of players do it, it’s fine. Just enjoy the scenery, but when you’ve got a whole team trying to disrespect it, I’m not going for that at all so I went in there and disrupted it.

Forum List

Back