Colorado @ TCU

I guess you’re too much of a chicken shit to say you misread my post. All I said is I wasn’t calling Sanders prime. You misread my post, and now that it’s been brought to your attention you still double down.

I don’t know Bear Bryant, but the nickname doesn’t scream poor sportsmanship and unprofessionalism like prime time.

Nice dance. Means nothing.

But Coach 'Prime Time' Sanders took one of the worst teams from last year, and beat a team that was in the playoffs last year. He replaced most the team he inherited, and recruited some top level talent. I am pretty sure some of that top talent came to CU because of Coach Sanders.

But Coach 'Prime Time' Sanders took one of the worst teams from last year, and beat a team that was in the playoffs last year. He replaced most the team he inherited, and recruited some top level talent. I am pretty sure some of that top talent came to CU because of Coach Sanders.

We know. Pulling the scholarships and removing 73 underperforming Buffalo players from last year. Not sure how I feel about that? but rules are rules.

Maybe someday we will find out how many of these now pro-athletes (amatures are not paid, players now are paid) actually go to a meaningful class and maintain a real GPA.
After all, they are burning up a scholarship a poor smart kid who can’t run, ain’t big, needs for his Math major.

I like it, love “free” games on my cable but I see what it is. They even modified the clock rules more in a Pro setup. It had no effect here but does affect pro games. Many have become unwatchable. No action, all commercials.

How many of these top players would go play for him if Coach Sanders was White I wonder? Or would they stay in the SEC at ALA?

“Nice dance, means nothing”?

How about you stick the subject? You made a mistake in interpreting my post. I don’t give a shit how many football games coach Sanders wins.

a lot of truth in your post but not all good. TCU beat MI last year. They were legit.

Point taken, and that's indeed the argument. My counter-argument to that is that Ohio State got punked against Michigan, and it was really Ohio State that was the best team in the Big and not Michigan State, but obviously, the games were played, and the results are the results. I'm not saying TCU was bad - clearly a top-10 team (and maybe number 5 or 6) last year but they managed to pull off a lot of squeakers and finally got exposed. I think Alabama probably a better team than TCU, but couldn't get in because they didn't win the SEC West.

TCU has little defense right now as COL proved. TCU is back to normal Big 12 shootout style team, got outshot.

Big 12's gonna Big 12, lol.

Impressive to me was COL line play both O&D.

Line looked good - against TCU. Not sure how well they'd hold up against a top-tier team from the SEC, ACC, or Big. I think some of the teams from the PAC-12 may be finally building some credible line strength this year, too. What did impress me was how well they tackled. The defenders rarely looked out of position. They are also really well-conditioned. I'm almost certain TCU has more depth and that TCU probably practices a lot in hot conditions, but CU's starters kept pace.

Can’t play SEC…..until an undefeated Central FLA or whatever knocks off SEC when given a chance in a bowl game.

Actually I recall it being just the opposite: 3-loss LSU beat UCF, which hadn't lost in like 25 games.

That being said, I don't take non-CFP bowl games seriously anymore because so many players and coaches treat the game as an exhibition and anyone headed for the transfer portal or the NFL draft (or a new coaching gig) doesn't participate. As much as I'd like to believe LSU would have handed a 63-7 beat-down of Purdue during the regular season, I know that's not really indicative of either team's strength.

Point taken, and that's indeed the argument. My counter-argument to that is that Ohio State got punked against Michigan, and it was really Ohio State that was the best team in the Big and not Michigan State, but obviously, the games were played, and the results are the results. I'm not saying TCU was bad - clearly a top-10 team (and maybe number 5 or 6) last year but they managed to pull off a lot of squeakers and finally got exposed. I think Alabama probably a better team than TCU, but couldn't get in because they didn't win the SEC West.

Big 12's gonna Big 12, lol.

Line looked good - against TCU. Not sure how well they'd hold up against a top-tier team from the SEC, ACC, or Big. I think some of the teams from the PAC-12 may be finally building some credible line strength this year, too. What did impress me was how well they tackled. The defenders rarely looked out of position. They are also really well-conditioned. I'm almost certain TCU has more depth and that TCU probably practices a lot in hot conditions, but CU's starters kept pace.

Actually I recall it being just the opposite: 3-loss LSU beat UCF, which hadn't lost in like 25 games.

That being said, I don't take non-CFP bowl games seriously anymore because so many players and coaches treat the game as an exhibition and anyone headed for the transfer portal or the NFL draft (or a new coaching gig) doesn't participate. As much as I'd like to believe LSU would have handed a 63-7 beat-down of Purdue during the regular season, I know that's not really indicative of either team's strength.

UCF 34-27 Auburn (Jan 1, 2018). Boise beat OKL. Both when bowl games “mattered”. They don’t get many chances. Then if they actually do win, everyone says it really doesn’t count? AUB didnt try?

many NCAABB TMT games could have gone to small market teams over many decades, if Early round games had fair officiating. All late game calls go to the DUKEs instead of Iowa st., UCF or STL schools. Big TV markets get to play on. All others mostly blocked from later big games. Always frustrates me. As-if no one watches if its indiana st. vs. Marquette.

Last edited:
UCF 34-27 Auburn (Jan 1, 2018). Boise beat OKL. Both when bowl games “mattered”. They don’t get many chances. Then if they actually do win, everyone says it really doesn’t count? AUB didnt try?

Boise St v OU was the greatest football game I've ever seen. But nobody cares about Auburn vs UCF...except UCF.

Then he probably shouldn't choose to play at CU. I don't know what the coach requires his players to call him. But what he requires is what happens on the team. He replaced basically the entire CU team in the offseason. I doubt he would hesitate to punish or discard anyone not following what he demands.
My son's playing days are over, but I can't image Sanders letting a good player go because of something as silly as not calling him "Coach Prime". Sounds like Sanders is results-oriented.

Last edited:
And how would you do against coach Sanders?
I wouldn’t try calling him something he didn’t want to be called. He’s a nice guy I’ve met him a number of times when he was in HS, college and the Pros. There would be no reason for him and I to have any altercation. Honestly what would likely happen if you just refused to call him by his preferred name is he’d just laugh at you and proceed to ignore you. As he should.

My son's playing days are over, but I can't image Sanders letting a good player go because of something as silly as not calling him "Coach Prime". Sounds like Sanders is results-oriented.
No kid in his right mind would pass up a D1 scholarship at a power 5 football team over a name.

Why is Coach Smith ok but Coach Prime isn’t? A name is a nothing but a grouping of letters people can pronounce that otjer people know refers to you.

And by some I assume you mean all.

I wouldn’t try calling him something he didn’t want to be called. He’s a nice guy I’ve met him a number of times when he was in HS, college and the Pros. There would be no reason for him and I to have any altercation. Honestly what would likely happen if you just refused to call him by his preferred name is he’d just laugh at you and proceed to ignore you. As he should.
There’s no reason for me to fight him either. Is he going to want to fight me for not calling him prime? You and WinterBorn concocted this fantasy of Deion sanders kicking my ass because I refused to call him prime. Bottom line is prime is an unprofessional nickname and you’re a dumb noob.

At one time it was Student Athletes actually going to class. Now it is 100% big money. Technically w/o any draft or contracts. Strictly mercenaries now. Pro Sports now 100%. Good or bad this is what it is. We get games on TV.

Edit: probably been like this for decades but now they own up to it at least.

At one time it was Student Athletes actually going to class. Now it is 100% big money. Technically w/o any draft or contracts. Strictly mercenaries now. Pro Sports now 100%. Good or bad this is what it is. We get games on TV.

The athletes still have to make progress towards a degree and maintain a certain GPA to continue to play.

The athletes still have to make progress towards a degree and maintain a certain GPA to continue to play.

Naive much? Taking what Classes lol! Now even more traveling coast to coast or playing overseas. Not much time for Applied Physics 302 for CAL in the ACC. Or the constant transfers to the highest bidder. Face reality. North Carolina and many other schools caught fudging results for athletes Taking Physical ED or African studies. There have been Hiesman winners that could barely speak the English language as graduates lol! And go pro.

But now its OK. It’s become officialy accepted.

Last edited:
Naive much? Taking what Classes lol! Now even more traveling coast to coast or playing overseas. Not much time for Applied Physics 302 for CAL in the ACC. Or the constant transfers to the highest bidder. Face reality. North Carolina and many other schools caught fudging results for athletes Taking Physical ED or African studies. There have been Hiesman winners that could barely speak the English language as graduates lol! And go pro.

But now its OK. It’s become officialy accepted.

I can only speak to the schools I know. Not all are producing illiterate athletes.

No kid in his right mind would pass up a D1 scholarship at a power 5 football team over a name.

Why is Coach Smith ok but Coach Prime isn’t? A name is a nothing but a grouping of letters people can pronounce that otjer people know refers to you.
Coach Smith is likely someone's name and Coach Prime isn't. And I already gave the reason I don't like Prime or Primetime. It denotes a selfish look-at-me flamboyant attitude that is not team oriented. Paterno or Bryant would never have tolerated such a thing.
When #3 scored that TD for Colorado, then slowed up and held up his last three fingers denoting his jersey number, that was me-first pure hotdogging. Generally harmful to a college team.

Last edited:
Coach Smith is likely someone's name and Coach Prime isn't. And I already gave the reason I don't like Prime or Primetime. It denotes a selfish look-at-me flamboyant attitude that is not team oriented. Paterno or Bryant would never have tolerated such a thing.
What’s the definition of name?

When #3 scored that TD for Colorado, then slowed up and held up his last three fingers denoting his jersey number, that was me-first pure hotdogging. Generally harmful to a college team.

a word or a combination of words by which a person, place, or thing, a body or class, or any object of thought is designated, called, or known.

Words have meanings.

I wish we would go back to the days when college teams had the best local high school players. WVU might have a boy from Petersburg, one from Moorefield, a couple from Charleston, one from Sissonville. Kids that were real students, playing football on the side. And now a team like WVU usually has few or no in-state players. Dey all black players from Florida.
And they should play close-by teams. WVU should play Pitt, Penn State, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio State. Not fricking Iowa State and Texas, and next year, Arizona.

Last edited:
We should go back to the days when college teams had the best local high school players. WVU might have a kid from Petersburg, one from Moorefield, a couple from Charleston, one from Sissonville. Kids that were real students, playing football on the side. And now a team like WVU usually has few or no in-state players. Dey all black players from somewhere else.
And they should play close-by teams. WVU should play Pitt, Penn State, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio State. Not fricking Iowa State and Texas, and next year, Arizona.
He says posting on an internet message board. Possibly from his cell phone…….

Forum List

Back