Columbus Day

Qualify your statement. Please. Just what, exactly, did Columbus have to do with the American Revolution?

And point of fact, Columbus was a POS. He was the father of the transatlantic slave trade, he was a sex slaver, he was a mass murderer. He used 9 and 10 year old girls as currency. He was a greedy, wicked man. He didn't even discover the Americas (something done 500 years earlier by Lief Ericson, if anyone can discover a land already occupied by people...), he "discovered" what we now call the Bahamas. The only reason he has a federal holiday? Because the Knight of Columbus lobbied hard for it. They wanted a holiday for an Italian.

You know what? Here, read this:

It done like a comic strip, so you should be okay... but be careful, you may learn something...

Columbus was one of the great explorers. But to continue to say he "discovered" America is laughable.

I agree and I didn't say that. All I said was that we would still be underneath a British monarchy if it wasn't for him.

Liberal progressive Democrats remind me of Liza Simpson, they always step in at the last moment and mention the worst possible facet of a thing to make it look like they are hyper aware that human beings do shit. Martin Luther King wasn't perfect. He was a plagiarist and cheated on his wife, with a tad bit of demagogue thrown in. Nobody is perfect. Not even liberals.

Amen to that sister.

you probably think spaghetti was a white guy invention...

Aren't Italian people white?

Liberal progressives are great at tearing down conservatives and western culture. And every single person ever born has feet of clay, Stalin, Mao, Marx. I am done with the hyper critical one-sided standard of the left. Apply that same critical standard to ALL causes, or just stop this farce.

I agree and I didn't say that. All I said was that we would still be underneath a British monarchy if it wasn't for him.

Amen to that sister.

Aren't Italian people white?
it depends on which group you are talking about....northern or southern Italians....were i grew up the Sicilians were pretty dark and many Italians were fairly dark.....the northerners could have red hair....

ColumbusDay.jpg

I hate to see all the divisiveness over Columbus Day or Indigenous Peoples Day. We can appreciate and honor all who have contributed to society. And sure, we can also condemn any bad practices too. That's part of history.

But just to muddy the waters even more, October 9 (which falls on CD/IPD this year) has been proclaimed Leif Erikson Day. As far back as 1925, President Calvin Coolidge would even acknowledge the Vikings as being the first to discover America...

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

Yes. He was an Italian sailing for Spain. But how does that get you to what you said?

"We would still be underneath a British monarchy if it wasn't for him."

Britain is also in Europe. The word had to have gotten out.

Forum List

Back