🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Comey Says Whether He Leaked Classified Information Or Not is NOT Important Enough To Talk About

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"Former FBI Director James Comey refused to comment Monday when a reporter asked whether he leaked classified information to prompt the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

"My understanding is that when you shared your memos with your legal team, that there was a follow-up for a classified containment operation by the bureau. Was there a spill of classified information when you shared those memos?" Fox News correspondent Catherine Herridge asked Comey.

"I'm not going to talk about something like that," Comey responded.

"Well that's important to talk about, whether classified information was mishandled," Herridge followed up.

"Whether you think it is or not, I'm not going to talk about it one way or another," Comey said, before taking a question from another reporter."

"Last summer, Comey admitted in open testimony that he gave memos detailing his conversations with President Donald Trump as FBI chief to a friend, who then gave them to the New York Times.

Comey said that he asked his friend, Columbia Law professor Daniel Richman, to share the memos "because [he] thought that it might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.""

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this year that "at least two of the memos that [Comey] gave to a friend outside of the government contained information that officials now consider classified."

Comey Refuses to Say Whether He Leaked Classified Information

Lst time I checked, leaking classified information was a crime...even for Democrats and Trump-haters.

I believe the plain truth is that the Lib/Dems could not accept their defeat in 2016 and discarded whatever scruples they may have had to go after Trump by any means fair or foul. And that includes leaking official, sensitive, or even classified information if it might further their ends to get Trump. They didn't care then and do not care now who else might be hurt or run over, ethical standards be damned. Can anyone seriously say that the same approach and vigor was taken in the investigation of Hillary's email server and the Trump collusion? Does anyone really think that either one was handled in a fair and impartial manner? I certainly don't.

Last edited:
"Comey is a dirty cop. he's smarmy, he's a loon. he has no self-awareness." - Joe DiGenova

"Former FBI Director James Comey refused to comment Monday when a reporter asked whether he leaked classified information to prompt the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

"My understanding is that when you shared your memos with your legal team, that there was a follow-up for a classified containment operation by the bureau. Was there a spill of classified information when you shared those memos?" Fox News correspondent Catherine Herridge asked Comey.

"Well that's important to talk about, whether classified information was mishandled," Herridge followed up.

"Whether you think it is or not, I'm not going to talk about it one way or another," Comey said, before taking a question from another reporter."

"Last summer, Comey admitted in open testimony that he gave memos detailing his conversations with President Donald Trump as FBI chief to a friend, who then gave them to the New York Times.

Comey said that he asked his friend, Columbia Law professor Daniel Richman, to share the memos "because [he] thought that it might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.""

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this year that "at least two of the memos that [Comey] gave to a friend outside of the government contained information that officials now consider classified."

Lst time I checked, leaking classified information was a crime...even for Democrats and Trump-haters.

What a douche ! yet he tries to convict people of things so he can pressure them to testify against Trump, without
a charge against Trump in the first place.

What a douche ! yet he tries to convict people of things so he can pressure them to testify against Trump, without
a charge against Trump in the first place.

LOL.Did you confuse Comey with Mueller dimwit?

Comey is the one Trump fired. Mueller is the one that's gonna get Trump put away

Comey's memo wasn't classified and was WRITTEN as "Trump Insurance" to document what went on with Trump
Any discussion between the President and the Director of the FBI is automatically classified, and that's what his memo was about.

No, not really it’s not.

Comey's memo wasn't classified and was WRITTEN as "Trump Insurance" to document what went on with Trump
Any discussion between the President and the Director of the FBI is automatically classified, and that's what his memo was about.
More pseudo law from the morons?

I would have thought you would have learned your lesson with the FLynn debacle

And here's the part you intentionally left out......

Of those two memos, Mr. Comey himself redacted elements of one that he knew to be classified to protect secrets before he handed the documents over to his friend. He determined at the time that another memo contained no classified information, but after he left the Federal Bureau of Investigation, bureau officials upgraded it to “confidential,” the lowest level of classification.

Justice Department Watchdog Probes Comey Memos Over Classified Information

This is the very Wall Street Journal Article you cited. You knew that it stated that Comey redacted information that he knew to be classified. And intentionally withheld that information from us.

As always, Easy......your argument relies on the ignorance of your audience. And you will always try to mislead us by withholding vital information, collaborator.

Says who? Show us the law that says any discussion between the president and the director of the FBI is automatically classified.

Or is this another of your classic 'disprove whatever I imagine' scenarios?

Of those two memos, Mr. Comey himself redacted elements of one that he knew to be classified to protect secrets before he handed the documents over to his friend. He determined at the time that another memo contained no classified information, but after he left the Federal Bureau of Investigation, bureau officials upgraded it to “confidential,” the lowest level of classification.

This is the very Wall Street Journal Article you cited. You knew that it stated that Comey redacted information that he knew to be classified. And intentionally withheld that information from us.

As always, Easy......your argument relies on the ignorance of your audience. And you will always try to mislead us by withholding vital information, collaborator.

It's all classified, moron. Comey isn't the final arbiter on what's classified, especially after he's been fired from the FBI. He had no authority to release those memos. He broke the law.

It's all classified, moron. Comey isn't the final arbiter on what's classified, especially after he's been fired from the FBI. He had no authority to release those memos. He broke the law.

Says you, just making shit up again. And you're the same hapless soul that insisted that 'anything said between the the FBI director and president was classified'.

Backed by nothing but your talent of pseudo-legal gibberish of course.

Tell us...which law did Comey violate?

And as aside......is there really nothing more to you than making shit up on topics you know nothing about?

Says you, just making shit up again. And you're the same hapless soul that insisted that 'anything said between the the FBI director and president was classified'.

Backed by nothing but your talent of pseudo-legal gibberish of course.

Tell us...which law did Comey violate?

And as aside......is there really nothing more to you than making shit up on topics you know nothing about?
Snowflakes don't understand classified data or how to legally handle it. Comey's refusal to answer the question about his handing over official documents / notes to his buddy with the specific purpose of them getting leaked to the press in hopes of an investigation being opened up says it all.

Doing so - giving notes to his buddy who then hands it off to the media is 'leaking'.

If Comey felt so strongly that there was a need to open an investigation why didn't he sack-/ man-up and make this known, push for one himself? Why go through a 3rd party and through 'Court of Public Opinion' rather than BE the Director of the FBI and use the proper channels?

Based on his last Q&A session under oath in front of Congress, based on his own testimony and claim to not know what the hell was going on in the FBI (Hillary's 'leadership' style in the State Department), Comey is either the most incompetent FBI Director in US history or lied his ass off before Congress ... again.

Hey fool....it was COMEY who claimed his conversations with the President were classified. Take a look at what's been released by Mueller's stooges....it's all blacked out. You lose like always, loser.

Hey fool....it was COMEY who claimed his conversations with the President were classified. Take a look at what's been released by Mueller's stooges....it's all blacked out. You lose like always, loser.
Again, snowflakes have a problem thinking things through. The idea that the notes Comey wrote down about the details of the classified meeting being considered classified themselves never occurred to them.

Well, the "question" from the faux Noize reporter was nothing more than an attempt to distract from the real issues. It didn't really require an answer, it was just there to give faux's rabid low IQ crowd something to talk about.

And it did.

Forum List

Back