Comey's memos were never classified to begin with

Let me type slowly for you..

1. Comey made notes about a meeting with the president of the united states. All of these meetings are considered Top Secret unless they are declassified by the POTUS/whitehouse chief of staff.

2. Notes made by the director are considered work product and thus they are classified by their very nature. (see the employment agreement he signed when he was hired)

3. Comey ADMITTED that he leaked these documents through a third party under oath..

Comey is now in a very precarious position now by leaking classified materials using a third party to a Ny Times reporter.

Comey is screwed...

Neither 1 nor 2 are the slightest bit true. There are no such "automatic" classification systems.
Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

I suggest you do some reading..

:lol:

18 USC 641 outlaws stealing from the government.

It doesn't say a damn thing about automatically classifying anything at all.

Why not use Google or Bing and look up everything on Executive Privilege.
It may take you half the night....but I suggest you get cracking if you're gonna get it done.

Actually, if you don't want to continue embarrassing yourself, I suggest that you do exactly what you've suggested.
So you claim it's SCOTUS case law but you also say it never went to court.

Hmmmmmmm.

That's impossible.

"Executive privilege" went to SCOTUS with this case: United States v. Nixon - Wikipedia.

"Everything the President says is classified" and "Everything the FBI director does is classified" have not gone to the SCOTUS, because they're not laws.
Wait a second...you said it never went to court.....now you say it did.
Make up your mind.
And Executive privilege doesn't have to be a law to exist, dumbass.

For it to be "illegal" for Comey to share the details of a private conversation with the President, a law does, in fact, have to exist.
Apples and Oranges.

1. Comey made notes about a meeting with the president of the united states. All of these meetings are considered Top Secret unless they are declassified by the POTUS/whitehouse chief of staff.

2. Notes made by the director are considered work product and thus they are classified by their very nature. (see the employment agreement he signed when he was hired)

3. Comey ADMITTED that he leaked these documents through a third party under oath..

Comey is now in a very precarious position now by leaking classified materials using a third party to a Ny Times reporter.

Comey is screwed...

Neither 1 nor 2 are the slightest bit true. There are no such "automatic" classification systems.
Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

Must have had a few wrong cross matches in there..

18 U.S. Code § 798 - Disclosure of classified information

Also.. Presidential communications are "born classified"
Security Classification of Information, volume 2 (Quist), Chapter Three

Last edited:

Comey is screwed...

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It covers records....
18 U.S. Code § 641 - Public money, property or records
Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, or any property made or being made under contract for the United States or any department or agency thereof; or​

Comey is screwed...

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

Still nothing there about automatically classifying anything.

In fact, this is what it says about "Classified":

The term “classified information” means information which, at the time of a violation of this section, is, for reasons of national security, specifically designated by a United States Government Agency for limited or restricted dissemination or distribution;

Now, can you show me exactly where any United States Government Agency "specifically designated" any conversation with the President and everything the FBI director does at work "for limited or restricted dissemination or distribution"?

Comey is screwed...

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It covers records....
Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, or any property made or being made under contract for the United States or any department or agency thereof; or​

Comey didn't "steal" any records. They're all still there, on the FBI email servers.

Comey is screwed...

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

The term “classified information” means information which, at the time of a violation of this section, is, for reasons of national security, specifically designated by a United States Government Agency for limited or restricted dissemination or distribution;

Now, can you show me exactly where any United States Government Agency "specifically designated" any conversation with the President and everything the FBI director does at work "for limited or restricted dissemination or distribution"?
It addresses leaks.
You have a problem understanding this?

Comey is screwed...

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It covers records....

Comey didn't "steal" any records. They're all still there, on the FBI email servers.

Not what I was saying.
He turned a copy of the over to a friend to have them published by the media.

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It addresses leaks.

No, actually I'm confident that I understand it much better than you do.

It addresses disclosing classified information.

Since the information in Comey's memo wasn't classified, it doesn't apply.

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It covers records....

Not what I was saying.

Exactly. Which is why the law against stealing from the government doesn't apply.

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It covers records....

Not what I was saying.

Exactly. Which is why the law against stealing from the government doesn't apply.
Again...I wasn't saying it applied in this case.
It may have in Hillary's case, but not this one.

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It covers records....

Not what I was saying.

Comey's notes are considered "work product" and are thus classified due to the position he held. He can not own work product. It belongs the US government and is classified.

It covers records....

Not what I was saying.

So then what in the fuck was your point?

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It addresses leaks.

Well, how exactly can you say that if you've never seen the memo in the first place?
You're just taking his word for it....but I wouldn't trust is his word for the price of a cup of coffee.

Comey is screwed...

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It covers records....

His work product is not on the servers.. Thus theft..

It covers records....

Not what I was saying.

Comey's notes are considered "work product" and are thus classified due to the position he held. He can not own work product. It belongs the US government and is classified.

No such law exists automatically classifying the "work product" of the FBI director.

It addresses leaks.

Well, how exactly can you say that if you've never seen the memo in the first place?
You're just taking his word for it....but I wouldn't trust is his word for the price of a cup of coffee.

I see no reason not to take Comey at his word when he says that he specifically wrote the memos to be unclassified.

Apparents according to Odium anytime a govt employee writes something it becomes classified. That would be true if it wasn't super bullshit.

Now they want to lock people up for sharing their own notes. Lol....maybe you can have Flynn chant lock her up and say that sweet line "If I did half of what she did I'd be in jail". Which he did and ironically got you whipped up into a creamy froth
Trump's lawyer on tv was lying like a rug.

It covers records....

Not what I was saying.

So then what in the fuck was your point?
Maybe you can try reading what I posted and stop reading more into it than I posted.
I simple stated what it covers.....that's the only fucking God Damned point I made.

Actually there is..

18USC641-70
18USC641-49

It covers records....

His work product is not on the servers.. Thus theft..

What makes you say his "work product" is no longer on the FBI servers?

Forum List

Back