Companies crapping out on Paula!

Smithfield has already been sold to China. They plan on exporting most of the products to China anyway. The loss of American customers won't faze them.

The greatest message i am getting from all this is, for God's sake don't always tell the truth. If you can get in this much trouble for admitting that 2 something years ago you used the "N" word, we all need to be learning when it is prudent to lie, lie, lie.

No one is commending Paula for her honesty...oh, hell no. This is uproar is way out of proportion to the alleged wrongdoing. Ridiculous.

Now Walmart has dropped her. I shop there all the time, they're damn sure going to be gettin gome feedback from me. I don't care WHAT she says, I like her cookware, which I've purchased at Walmart in the past.

Being able to fire an employee due to advertising and public image doesn't represent current American ideals? You as a conservative believe this?
A companies right to fire someone isn't okay with you?

You clearly know nothing about contract law. But that is no surprise. Hell, you can't even write a cogent sentence in English! "A companies (sic) right....?" Seriously?

Go get your high school diploma. Then I will consider discussing something with you. Until then, you are nothing to me but a troll.

Contract laws? Do you know what was in her contract?
A troll? You mean the five times you have brought up my mod status was not trolling?

I may have made a grammar error, but your OP is moronic and doesn't make sense at all.

So I will assume you are a troll until your provide Paula's contract, and prove that they went against her contract by firing her. Which is something you did not state in your OP. You stated it was against American Ideals. Last time I checked American Ideals has nothing to do with contract laws. Stupid hypocrite troll.

Oh, she has a law degree, don't you know? I can't believe she hasn't told you that yet. PLUS she's a certified nurse practitioner. Anything about law or medical topics and she is the self-professed EXPERT! And she also likes to neg rep people who disagree with her and leave them nasty little private messages.

:)

The greatest message i am getting from all this is, for God's sake don't always tell the truth. If you can get in this much trouble for admitting that 2 something years ago you used the "N" word, we all need to be learning when it is prudent to lie, lie, lie.

No one is commending Paula for her honesty...oh, hell no. This is uproar is way out of proportion to the alleged wrongdoing. Ridiculous.

Now Walmart has dropped her. I shop there all the time, they're damn sure going to be gettin gome feedback from me. I don't care WHAT she says, I like her cookware, which I've purchased at Walmart in the past.

It was about more than that. The case was brought by a WHITE female management employee. I posted the link to the complaint. It is so far fetched as to just be unbelievable. The woman went to Paula first and demanded money or have her life ruined. Paula wouldn't bite.

Bottom line, the woman didn't get promoted on her own time schedule, then she resorted to extortion. Now Paula pays the price.

I don't think I have any of her cookware, and I have had her recipes most of my life, well, except for the hamburger between two doughnuts. YUK. But this is nothing short of extortion and should not be tolerated. Most successful high profile women in this country ultimately end up paying a price like this. The amazing thing about her is, she could have been famous much earlier in her life. She wanted to be a model, but her father wouldn't let her go to wicked Atlanta. So, she takes something ordinary and makes it big time with it. She is one of the 'personalities' of the Food Network. She has her own magazine, her own cookware, etc. This should not be happening. But I think she will weather this storm and I really wish her accuser would end up in prison.

You clearly know nothing about contract law. But that is no surprise. Hell, you can't even write a cogent sentence in English! "A companies (sic) right....?" Seriously?

Go get your high school diploma. Then I will consider discussing something with you. Until then, you are nothing to me but a troll.

A troll? You mean the five times you have brought up my mod status was not trolling?

I may have made a grammar error, but your OP is moronic and doesn't make sense at all.

So I will assume you are a troll until your provide Paula's contract, and prove that they went against her contract by firing her. Which is something you did not state in your OP. You stated it was against American Ideals. Last time I checked American Ideals has nothing to do with contract laws. Stupid hypocrite troll.

Oh, she has a law degree, don't you know? I can't believe she hasn't told you that yet. PLUS she's a certified nurse practitioner. Anything about law or medical topics and she is the self-professed EXPERT! And she also likes to neg rep people who disagree with her and leave them nasty little private messages.

:)

Negged~!

Being able to fire an employee due to advertising and public image doesn't represent current American ideals? You as a conservative believe this?
A companies right to fire someone isn't okay with you?

Even if I posted it you wouldn't be able to read it. You can't even post at the high school level. Of course you were found to be OK, you are both the token woman and the token black. You fool no one but yourself.

Even if I posted it you wouldn't be able to read it. You can't even post at the high school level. Of course you were found to be OK, you are both the token woman and the token black. You fool no one but yourself.

Token black? Found to be okay? What are you even talking about?

And from your answer you cannot post it. Got it. You were just making up things as you went along.

Paula Deen Smithfield Endorsement Deal Over: Company Drops Deen In Wake Of Racist Remarks

Dear Smithfield Hams,

This is America where people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Clearly you do not believe in American ideals. Therefore, I will not help you and your employees partake of the American dream. I will NEVER buy another Smithfield ham.

Yours Truly,

A Former Customer

Not sure what your point is here.

Paula Deen admitted her guilt. She admitted she used racial slurs.

Smithfield Hams is perfectly in their rights not to want their product associated with her.

You are perfectly in your right to not buy their products.

Everyone wins, I guess, although it's kind of a silly thing to go fight over.

Paula Deen Smithfield Endorsement Deal Over: Company Drops Deen In Wake Of Racist Remarks

Dear Smithfield Hams,

This is America where people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Clearly you do not believe in American ideals. Therefore, I will not help you and your employees partake of the American dream. I will NEVER buy another Smithfield ham.

Yours Truly,

A Former Customer

Smithfield Hams is perfectly in their rights not to want their product associated with her.

Her point is over contract laws. You can't tell?

Dear Smithfield Hams,

Yours Truly,

A Former Customer

I long ago gave up trying to figure out what Sunshine is talking about.

If she was going on about "contract laws", I almost garuntee you that Smithfeild had a morals clause in there that allows them to terminate her contract.

If she was going on about "contract laws", I almost garuntee you that Smithfeild had a morals clause in there that allows them to terminate her contract.

Yeah, pretty much. Otherwise I doubt they would have released the statement they did. They don't want her to turn around and sue them.

And she's being attacked for doing something decades ago that cRappers do everyday in their songs.

Yes, there is that thing called "Context".

I have another word for it: Bullshit

No, it has a lot more to do with the circumstances.

For instance, on The Wall, there's a song on Side 4 where the protoganist of the album thinks he's a fascist dictator and goes on a homophobic, anti-Semitic and racist rant. Yet in the context of the album it makes sense and no one sane would claim Roger Waters is a racist.

Paula Dean, on the other hand, has said quite a lot of stupid stuff.

Now, I have no dog in this fight. Frankly, I wouldn't put her kind of fatty food in my body on a bet. I even think some of these companies are over-reacting.

Yeah, pretty much. Otherwise I doubt they would have released the statement they did. They don't want her to turn around and sue them.

You wouldn't know a moral if one came up and bit you on the ass.

You wouldn't know a moral if one came up and bit you on the ass.

And you call me a troll.

I am trying to figure out the token black comment to start off with.

Forum List

Back