Companies crapping out on Paula!

Smithfield has been bought by the Chinese.
Smithfield Foods bought by Chinese meat producer - May. 29, 2013
She is better off without them.
Smithfield Foods also feed our troops. This is bad news, Very bad news.
China is buying up everything here thanks to Obama.
They are buying our coal mines, our movie theaters, our houses.
We are going to be owned by China and nobody is saying a thing about it.

I'm late to the show on this one....have no idea what the woman said, don't care either. But don't be alarmed about china buying American assets....the trick is hanging onto them. The japanese were the boogieman in the 80's, buying everything in sight and then, GONG! we fixed their wagon. We can collapse china within a matter of months if necessary....lock out their goods and they go down like the house of cards they are. :doubt:

It does. And I have read every word of it. It is preposterous the number of things she has alleged. But if someone wants to have a pre Civil War wedding, maybe they should leave out the Savannah crowd and invite these folk:

Confederates in Brazil - YouTube

Those are descendants of Confederates who left the country rather than stay after the war of northern aggression. They never pledged allegiance to the union jack! And are proud of it.

That post is very revealing. Tells me a lot.

Fun fact: Brazil was the last country in the Americas to illegalize slavery (1888). But the speaker in the video is correct; race relations are quite different there -- nothing like the divisions we have here. The Portuguese 'settlers' came in waves of males rather than families, so taking natives (and beginning in the mid-15th century, African slaves) was widespread and common; as a result there are infinite gradations of color among the populace.

Of course it tells you a lot. One of those things being that I know one helluva lot more about the world than you do, dumbass.

One world in particular ......you sure do.
Glad to see that point at least didn't sail over your head.

The fact that Deen mocked Michelle might have contributed to this whole thing.

Seems like a coincidence.

I don't really care about Deen I stopped watching her years ago but if she was purposely targeted because she joked about the first lady, that's what worries me.

The Obamas are entirely unrelated in all of this. The only way they're even superficially connected is through internet message board wags who think a TV cooking show is "politics" and that cooking is somehow related to "Marxism".

Then again I've seen O'bama dragged into a thread about advertising for salad dressing and naked people, so nothing surprises me from this particular font of wisdom any more.

Last edited:
The Obamas are entirely unrelated in all of this. The only way they're even superficially connected is through internet message board wags who think a TV cooking show is "politics" and that cooking is somehow related to "Marxism".

Then again I've seen O'bama dragged into a thread about advertising for salad dressing and naked people, so nothing surprises me from this particular font of wisdom any more.

Of course they're "unrelated" to everything....plausible deniabilty...that way nobody can pin the shit they do on them.....that's the truth about Hussein politics....vote "present"...if it fails, trumpet you were against it, if it succeeds, take credit for it. I put nothing past them....Moochelle in particular.....Barry is too stupid to be worried about but that beast he's married to is a whole different animal.

Of course they're "unrelated" to everything....plausible deniabilty...that way nobody can pin the shit they do on them.....that's the truth about Hussein politics....vote "present"...if it fails, trumpet you were against it, if it succeeds, take credit for it. I put nothing past them....Moochelle in particular.....Barry is too stupid to be worried about but that beast he's married to is a whole different animal.

Damn, we need a Reconciliation Commission South Africa style. This country is so divided, it makes me sick.

Maybe we should posthumously impeach Byrd, Thurman and LBJ.

Got no use for old Paula Deen, but, all she did was tell the truth.

It has gotten beyound pathetic in my opinion.

Oh, and good to see you bro!

Argumentum ad ignorantiam -- Appeal to ignorance. "How do I know Martians have invaded? Because we've heard nothing about it -- that proves they're hiding something!!"

Put the comic book down. Nice and slow...

"Moochelle" -- -what does that mean?

Paula Deen Smithfield Endorsement Deal Over: Company Drops Deen In Wake Of Racist Remarks

Dear Smithfield Hams,

This is America where people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Clearly you do not believe in American ideals. Therefore, I will not help you and your employees partake of the American dream. I will NEVER buy another Smithfield ham.

Yours Truly,

A Former Customer

she admitted to calling black people "*******".

her restaurant has racist policies.

we don't need to wait for a court verdict to know she is a racist.

So Paula Deen is being crucified for using the N word 30 years ago. This board has made the N word and the C word acceptable vocabulary. The Trayvon Martin dude called Zimmerman a "crazy assed cracker" and a lot of black people call eachother the N word and I'm supposed to be outraged? Why exactly? Oh and btw take a gander at my signature line. whydon'tchya?

Paula Deen Smithfield Endorsement Deal Over: Company Drops Deen In Wake Of Racist Remarks

Dear Smithfield Hams,

This is America where people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Clearly you do not believe in American ideals. Therefore, I will not help you and your employees partake of the American dream. I will NEVER buy another Smithfield ham.

Yours Truly,

A Former Customer

Racism is in the eye of the beholder; that's a personal judgement. And I'd be wary of taking the sausage of media sensationalism as a basis. Very wary.

But beg to differ, we do need to wait for a court verdict before we conclude what went down in the restaurant. That's an allegation at this point. Let the justice system do what it's there to do.

So Paula Deen is being crucified for using the N word 30 years ago. This board has made the N word and the C word acceptable vocabulary. The Trayvon Martin dude called Zimmerman a "crazy assed cracker" and a lot of black people call eachother the N word and I'm supposed to be outraged? Why exactly? Oh and btw take a gander at my signature line. whydon'tchya?

no, she used the N word recently.

her restaurant only allowed black workers through the back door.

her restaurant had sexist policies.

You're supposed to be outraged (we all are like good lemmings) because the media says "boo" and we're supposed to say "how high?". The same media that tells us this is some kind of case about what Paula Deen said thirty years ago. It isn't. But you have to sift through a ton of media sensationalist bullshit crapola to even find that much out.

Mostly we're supposed to be outraged because that keeps us interested, and keeping us interested means eyeballs, and eyeballs means selling ads, and selling ads means money.

Last edited:

Dear Smithfield Hams,

Yours Truly,

A Former Customer

something is clearly 'amiss'. I will need a lot more before I assign the 'racist' label to Paula Deen. She is out of touch with the times apparently. I thought the 'I is what I is' comment didn't help her. PR experts collectively seem to believe she should 'disappear' for a while. I don't think any further explanations will help. The court case needs to be completed and a verdict assigned. I assume that has bearing on why corporations are withdrawing support.

I'm sort of tired of the emphasis on ethnicity on the Food Network and elsewhere.

FWIW--having visited Savannah--Mrs. Wilkes' Boarding House is generally acknowledged as the place to go for 'Southern Food'.

link it?

its funny how folks want to give her the "innocent until proven guilty" treatment and yet those same folks think OJ is a murderer even though he was found not guilty in a court of law.

Let me know when black people stop using the N word, then I'll be outraged.

its funny how folks want to give her the "innocent until proven guilty" treatment and yet those same folks think OJ is a murderer even though he was found not guilty in a court of law.

how did that young man's blood make it into oJ's car and into his bedroom? doyathink?

Forum List

Back