Compatibility with people

I think there's more value (in scope) in finding what you didn't set out to look for. Basically. Of course, such discoveries may and likely will sting ones ego. But therein lies the true value.
I clarified also that someone offline keeps contacting me because they want to have a closer relationship with me and I don't really have anything in common with this person even though the surface contact they are nice.

I think there's more value (in scope) in finding what you didn't set out to look for. Basically. Of course, such discoveries may and likely will sting ones ego. But therein lies the true value.

Egos tend to get in the way of alot of things and can really put a damper on some relationships.

I didn't mention 'honesty' mostly for that same reason. Anyone can spout off 'facts', but most people aren't even honest with themselves so how can they truly be honest with anyone else?

I have an Offline situation where a person who lives here in Utah would like to be much closer friends with me and they are nice. I just don't see we have anything really in common. We have opposite views on many things. I am not sure why they want to pursue it deeper. Like I said the person is nice but we got nada in common in fact we oppose opinions.
There is a difference between opinions and beliefs. The former should be conclusions based on assumed facts and logic, and should be open to new information and discussion. The latter are based on psychological needs, and are generally immutable. Opposing opinions do not necessarily mean in incompatibility, but conflicting beliefs usually do.

I personally do not think anyone is right or wrong in their opinion or approach. I asked because I wanted to know how others approach and if they do look for things what things they look for.

There is a difference between opinions and beliefs. The former should be conclusions based on assumed facts and logic, and should be open to new information and discussion. The latter are based on psychological needs, and are generally immutable. Opposing opinions do not necessarily mean in incompatibility, but conflicting beliefs usually do.
Thanks for sharing how you approach and look at relationships. :)

I clarified also that someone offline keeps contacting me because they want to have a closer relationship with me and I don't really have anything in common with this person even though the surface contact they are nice.

If it's a male, he probably just wants some poon. Probably...

If it's a female, who the heck knows. Females don't generally trust other females for whatever reason, so they tend to try to get closer to them, oddly. But some have insecurities and try to get closer to other females in order to kind of establish the perception of themselves as like that person they want to be like.

Last edited:
If it's a male, he probably just wants some poon. Probably...

If it's a female, who the heck knows. Females don't generally trust other females for whatever reason, so they tend to try to get closer to them, oddly.
Yeah, it came out of nowhere. We met through a relative she works for but she has very strong opinions and I have not shared mine. I don't typically do that offline. The relative told me she talks about me and hints about wanting to hang out and then she texted me a few times. She had my number for emergencies for when the relative is out of town. I don't know.

So it made me wonder why and what do people look for in wanting relationships or friendships or what is it that initially attracts the interest and what sustains it. I already know what it is for me.

Last edited:
Egos tend to get in the way of alot of things and can really put a damper on some relationships.
That's true too. I don't know any perfect people. I think everyone suffers from it from time to time.

I m not an intellectual at all and so for me, I do base things on how I want to experience it if I have that kind of choice.

I am not interested in changing a viewpoint in personal close relating I just want to be with my own like-minded tribe.

I think everyone's way is valid for them.

In work environments, I have no choice about my co-workers, supervisors, and customers.

But in my personal life, I do.

Can you clarify it, what is the standard for you a post office. what is a low standard to you, you didn't say no standard. Do you not want to disclose it direct?
th

What do you want a book from me?

Redneck Paradise

I like moonshine whiskey
I like home made wine
I don't look for greener grass
Home grown suits me just fine
Welcome to my shanty
Drop by anytime
I bet you'll like my Redneck Paradise

Redneck Paradise
It's a hole in the wall kinda small but the people are real nice
And folks in here they's free and clear
To drink beer and dance all night, that's right
And no one's uptight in Redneck Paradise

Now I might get a little tipsy
I might be past my prime
But pour some Jim Beam whiskey
And I'll show you a real big time
You don't need reservations
Drop by anytime
The sun is shinin' in Redneck Paradise

And the things we like don't cost a lot of money
Good foot stompin' music gets us by
Measure up our wealth in friends and family
We're gonna hit them honky tonks tonight

Down in Redneck Paradise
It's a hole in the wall kinda small just look for the red light
And have no fear you're free and clear to get wild and rock all night
We don't bite
Cuz we get down right in Redneck Paradise

Down in Redneck Paradise
It's a hole in the wall kinda small but the people are real, real nice
And when you're here you're free and clear to do what most ever you like, all night
So rock on through to Redneck Paradise

Down in Redneck Paradise
And when you're here you're free and clear to drink beer and dance all night, that's right
Cuz no one's uptight in Redneck Paradise
Kid Rock

"So baby, let's sell your diamond ring
Buy some boots and faded jeans and go away
This coat and tie is choking me
In your high society you cry all day
We've been so busy keepin' up with the Jones
Four car garage and we're still building on
Maybe it's time we got back to the basics of love"
Waylon Jennings

Happy now?

*****SMILE*****

:)

That's true too. I don't know any perfect people. I think everyone suffers from it from time to time.

I m not an intellectual at all and so for me, I do base things on how I want to experience it if I have that kind of choice.

I am not interested in changing a viewpoint in personal close relating I just want to be with my own like-minded tribe.

I think everyone's way is valid for them.

In work environments, I have no choice about my co-workers, supervisors, and customers.

But in my personal life, I do.

Nope, nobody is perfect and nobody is immune from ego.......I think it depends more on letting it get in the way. Atleast be self aware and willing to admit your shortcomings and even better if you can laugh at yourself.

Intelligence is more than being an Einstein and while I love to be mentally challenged or stimulated, I have more respect for those with common sense than any college degree.

Personally, I have different levels of relationships. I can usually get along with most anyone and in that sense have a wide range of friends, Some are closer than others, and there are few, very few that are considered very close and all are based on the level of trust.

th

What do you want a book from me?

Redneck Paradise

I like moonshine whiskey
I like home made wine
I don't look for greener grass
Home grown suits me just fine
Welcome to my shanty
Drop by anytime
I bet you'll like my Redneck Paradise

Redneck Paradise
And folks in here they's free and clear
To drink beer and dance all night, that's right
And no one's uptight in Redneck Paradise

Now I might get a little tipsy
I might be past my prime
But pour some Jim Beam whiskey
And I'll show you a real big time
You don't need reservations
Drop by anytime
The sun is shinin' in Redneck Paradise

And the things we like don't cost a lot of money
Good foot stompin' music gets us by
Measure up our wealth in friends and family
We're gonna hit them honky tonks tonight

Down in Redneck Paradise
It's a hole in the wall kinda small just look for the red light
And have no fear you're free and clear to get wild and rock all night
We don't bite
Cuz we get down right in Redneck Paradise

Down in Redneck Paradise
It's a hole in the wall kinda small but the people are real, real nice
And when you're here you're free and clear to do what most ever you like, all night

Down in Redneck Paradise
And when you're here you're free and clear to drink beer and dance all night, that's right
Cuz no one's uptight in Redneck Paradise
Kid Rock

"So baby, let's sell your diamond ring
Buy some boots and faded jeans and go away
This coat and tie is choking me
In your high society you cry all day
We've been so busy keepin' up with the Jones
Four car garage and we're still building on
Maybe it's time we got back to the basics of love"
Waylon Jennings

Happy now?

*****SMILE*****

:)

This is my interpretation they need to like music, drinking, and mind reading. :lol:

You like down to earth, easy going, dropping out.

Nope, nobody is perfect and nobody is immune from ego.......I think it depends more on letting it get in the way. Atleast be self aware and willing to admit your shortcomings and even better if you can laugh at yourself.

Intelligence is more than being an Einstein and while I love to be mentally challenged or stimulated, I have more respect for those with common sense than any college degree.

Personally, I have different levels of relationships. I can usually get along with most anyone and in that sense have a wide range of friends, Some are closer than others, and there are few, very few that are considered very close and all are based on the level of trust.
Yes, I have experienced it similar to how you describe you experience it.

But for those reasons, I typically offline don't really interact anymore outside of work environements. I don't know if I want to.

Intellect.

When I spent six months in the mountains in Western Montana, I was having some respiratory difficulty. I went to a "health care professional" to discuss it.

When I mentioned altitude, which was 2600 ft (after I'd lived at sea level for the last many decades), he said, "We're not that high here. After all, sea level is 1200 feet.".

I didn't think any of MT was under 2400 ft. The prairies surrounding Spokane are 2400'.

Forum List

Back