Concealed Carry Permits Should be Treated Like Driver's Licenses

The second amendment is a right, not a privilege. Driving is a privilege, not a right. Get it straight.
It is Only a right for that which is necessary to the security of a free State.

Yes, the FREE is the important part. The Bill of Rights is 9 limitations on what government is ALLOWED to do, and one final option should they overstep their authority. Get used to it. The Founders disliked, and didn't trust government. They realized that corrupt people are drawn to power like moths to flame and they wished to ensure we had the means to remove them when they got too onerous.
why do gun lovers believe they are necessary to the security of a free State if they don't love their republic as much as they claim to love their guns?
^^^
Mindless nonsense

I don't know why you have such a hard on for guns and their owners, (and I don't give a shit) but that is YOUR problem, not mine.

I probably have as many or more guns than you dumbass. I don't hate gun owners. Just the dumbasses who don't have enough sense to know there has to be reasonable restrictions for their use. You still haven't answered the question.....

Yes, liberals are all gun owners. You were all in the military. And you're all Republicans, or at least you used to be. It's amazing. I'm convinced now that W won his first term unanimously, apparently no one in the country voted against him

Never said all liberals were gun owners, but I am and have been since I was a kid.

I didn't you said all liberals do. But you said you do. Every discussion every liberal says I don't hate guns, I am a gun owner. Most of you are lying. I'm not saying it's you specifically, but I'm not saying I believe you either. Just apparently you all vote for lefties then go out and buy guns and vote for people who want to prevent you from doing that.

All I can say is sure you do...

That's just stupid. Gun nuts are like a little kid whose mother tells them they can't have a cookie before supper, and they start crying because they think they will never have another cookie. Responsible gun owners know that owning a gun requires reasonable precautions for safety's sake. That's what the NRA used to teach.

So you have experience with guns. Do you think everybody has that same experience? More importantly than knowing how to shoot a gun is knowing when to shoot a gun. Do you think everybody knows that? Do you think every one of the protesters in Ferguson or Baltimore should have been armed?
None of this is relevant to the point made here.

Indeed. How many aren't qualified to throw rocks? Didn't stop them from doing that in Baltimore, now did it? These leftists always forget that murder has been around since the beginning of time. Doesn't take a gun to kill someone. It takes a murderous heart.

So you think all the peaceful protesters in Baltimore and Ferguson, the vast majority, should have all taken advantage of their second amendment rights?

They sure should, IF they are not banned by law from owning firearms.
People that have been convicted of felonies and people that have been declared as mentally unstable, cannot legally own or possess firearms.
other than those banned by law from owning firearms, everyone that is old enough should be able to buy and carry firearms (CCW).

Without background checks, how are you going to know which ones are legally carrying? Do you expect the cops to take down everybody with a gun, or to respect their rights until a single thug in the crowd, who isn't allowed to have a gun, takes a shot? If or when that thug does that, what do you think should happen?

You are not particularly bright, are you!
You should know that one of the "C"s in CCW stands for "CONCEALED"?
IF they are concealed, how will the police know who is carrying a concealed weapon?
IF someone takes out a weapon and points it at anyone or threatens anyone, that is criminal threatening, which is a felony.

EMILYNGHIEM SAID:

“Instead of forcing states to have the same policy, on something as personal as marriage,
why not write laws so Constitutionally that all people consent to them freely and democratically?”

Because the United States isn't a democracy and the issue concerns access to marriage law, not what constitutes marriage.

Indeed. How many aren't qualified to throw rocks? Didn't stop them from doing that in Baltimore, now did it? These leftists always forget that murder has been around since the beginning of time. Doesn't take a gun to kill someone. It takes a murderous heart.

So you think all the peaceful protesters in Baltimore and Ferguson, the vast majority, should have all taken advantage of their second amendment rights?

People that have been convicted of felonies and people that have been declared as mentally unstable, cannot legally own or possess firearms.
other than those banned by law from owning firearms, everyone that is old enough should be able to buy and carry firearms (CCW).

Without background checks, how are you going to know which ones are legally carrying? Do you expect the cops to take down everybody with a gun, or to respect their rights until a single thug in the crowd, who isn't allowed to have a gun, takes a shot? If or when that thug does that, what do you think should happen?

IF they are concealed, how will the police know who is carrying a concealed weapon?
IF someone takes out a weapon and points it at anyone or threatens anyone, that is criminal threatening, which is a felony.

Indeed. The ONLY time that weapon should leave the holster is when you intend to defend yourself. Anything other than that - you are committing a crime.

Did I say concealed carry? Were all those crazies on Bundy's ranch practicing concealed carry? How do you conceal a rifle?

Indeed. The ONLY time that weapon should leave the holster is when you intend to defend yourself. Anything other than that - you are committing a crime.

Never saw a holster for a rifle. You got a picture of that?

Did I say concealed carry? Were all those crazies on Bundy's ranch practicing concealed carry? How do you conceal a rifle?

I was taking about "CONCEALED CARRY", and YOU answered MY OP.
???Are you trying to change the subject???

A rifle holster is called a scabbard.

Funny, but hardly a realistic answer to the question.

The Supreme Court has determined that restrictions on firearms are constitutional.
Really? Which ones? Cite, please.

Look it up yourself. Surely you are smart enough to know that fully automatic rifles are just as illegal as RPG's. or did you just think nobody ever thought to ask why?
Gee I own a fully automatic weapon and even have the federal tax stamp to show it's legal. What am I doing wrong?

I am of the belief that a CCW should be treated like a vehicle driver's license. If you are visiting a state, your CCW issued in your state should be legal and valid, just like your driver's license. If you move to a new state, you should have a set amount of time in which to get a new CCW issued by your new state.

CCW permits, in my opinion, should not be treated like a marriage licenses.

Opinions?
Are you a teaper....because if you are you are being hypocritical. Do you believe in State's right or not?

Teapercrits are hilarious.

Forum List

Back