Confederate Flag vs. Ground Zero Mosque?

Actually...wrong.

Confederate soldiers did not announce, nor did their leaders announce their intention, nor did they attempt, to slaughter Union women and children.

In fact, it was the UNION army that starved out (i.e., killed) Confederacy women and children by ransacking the farms and blockading the ports, resulting in the starvation of who knows how many southern women and children. They were also great at starving Confederate prisoners.

Still, nobody announced any intention to kill off the women & children of the other side.

So they aren't the same.

:eusa_eh:

wtf are you talking about?

What exactly did I get 'wrong' in the OP?

Are you suggesting that nobody sees the Confederate flag as insensitive or that nobody sees the ground zero mosque as insensitive?

Well, Islamic terrorist are kiling people in the name of their god.

The Confederates felt that their countries (states) were being invaded.

A Union soldier yelled to a Confederate soldier: "Hey Reb! Why are you shooting at us!"

The Confederate soldier replied: "Because you're down here!"

There's the difference.

exactly right:clap2:

Last edited:
If the southern states rose up again under the Flaggot flag, under who's flag would you fight?

My state thats the way I would go. I would never fight for the federal government. Not with how they govern now. Just as I guess you would join under the Flaggot flag of the federal government.

Thats not what I asked you dumbass.

Thats the fucking answer you're going to get from bitch.

To lazy? I've studied the 18th and 19th century most of my life, I am a 19th century living historian. I have done my research.. One more time for the ignorant the battle flag was a not a racist symbol until the late 1960's. The stars and stripes was used by the klan long before they started using the Confederate battle flag.
Good grief...I have lost the thread of our dispute...hang on...you contend that because the Stars and Stripes (as evidenced in some photos) was used before the Confederate flag at KKK rallies then it must be more racist than the Confederate flag.
Then I said "So what if the Stars and Stripes was used before the Confederate flag at KKK rallies, that doesn't imply that the S&S was designed to symbolise racist ideals, nor that the Confederate equivalent was. Nor does it prove that the South was not driven to secede by a desire to protect their right to maintain slaves"
OK, I'm paraphrasing my argument, but it seems to me that you are basing much of yours on symbology which can easily be appropriated by anyone.
What would happen if NAMBLA started using Mickey Mouse on their T-shirts?

Study and gains some knowledge. Here's an example of what I mean. What Confederate flag are you talking about. They had many, some I have already shown.

Neither flag was designed to symbolise any racist ideals, it's just how you have been taught about them. Which again goes back to doing your own research., and why I have shown you images of the klan carring the stars and stripes.

Nor does it prove that the South was not driven to secede by a desire to protect their right to maintain slaves"

Nor does your argument prove that the north fought to end slavery.

OK, I'm paraphrasing my argument, but it seems to me that you are basing much of yours on symbology which can easily be appropriated by anyone.
What would happen if NAMBLA started using Mickey Mouse on their T-shirts

Who cares? I don't, what I care about is keeping good men from being slandered with 20th century views.
I never argued that the north fought to end slavery, I am saying, though, that a few photos from you proves nothing either way.

Bugger, I think I'm sober now...look what you've done!!!

Good grief...I have lost the thread of our dispute...hang on...you contend that because the Stars and Stripes (as evidenced in some photos) was used before the Confederate flag at KKK rallies then it must be more racist than the Confederate flag.
Then I said "So what if the Stars and Stripes was used before the Confederate flag at KKK rallies, that doesn't imply that the S&S was designed to symbolise racist ideals, nor that the Confederate equivalent was. Nor does it prove that the South was not driven to secede by a desire to protect their right to maintain slaves"
What would happen if NAMBLA started using Mickey Mouse on their T-shirts?

Study and gains some knowledge. Here's an example of what I mean. What Confederate flag are you talking about. They had many, some I have already shown.

Neither flag was designed to symbolise any racist ideals, it's just how you have been taught about them. Which again goes back to doing your own research., and why I have shown you images of the klan carring the stars and stripes.

What would happen if NAMBLA started using Mickey Mouse on their T-shirts

Who cares? I don't, what I care about is keeping good men from being slandered with 20th century views.
I never argued that the north fought to end slavery, I am saying, though, that a few photos from you proves nothing either way.

The photos are historical proof, do not be foolish enough to argue with history.

My state thats the way I would go. I would never fight for the federal government. Not with how they govern now. Just as I guess you would join under the Flaggot flag of the federal government.

So you would fight for the enemy under the Flaggot flag, they don't call it a rebel flag for nothing. Coward.

The photos are historical proof, do not be foolish enough to argue with history.

You're right of course, those photos prove to me that everyone that possesses a S&S flag belongs to the KKK.
I'll look a bit closer and see what other historical proofs I can find.

So you would fight for the enemy under the Flaggot flag, they don't call it a rebel flag for nothing. Coward.

ignorance is your tactic so be a faggot. I will follow in the foot steps of mt great great grand fathes they are not my enemies that you claim they are. If you think they are the enemy then thats your proble, not mine remain a faggot all you want and anything you fight for is for flaggot everywhere.

ignorance is your tactic so be a faggot. I will follow in the foot steps of mt great great grand fathes they are not my enemies that you claim they are. If you think they are the enemy then thats your proble, not mine remain a faggot all you want and anything you fight for is for flaggot everywhere.

You would fight for the Confederacy, not the Union, you would do what flaggots do best fight for the rebel flag.

You would fight for the Confederacy, not the Union, you would do what flaggots do best fight for the rebel flag.

You are an ignorant flaggot.

At least I serve under the right flag, you wouldn't because you're a flaggot.

The rebel flag is and has always been a symbol of racism and treason.

:thup:

Deal.

Which came first the stars and stripes or the Confederate battle flag?
469888_f260.jpg

the rebel flag is and has always been a symbol of racism and treason.

:thup:

Deal.

which came first the stars and stripes or the confederat battle flag?
469888_f260.jpg

you wouldn't fight for your country, the confederacy was defeated, long before either flag was the union jack flag, whats your point flaggot?

which came first the stars and stripes or the confederate battle flag?
If the confederacy was defeated why do you keep mentioning it like it still around?

Last edited:

At least I serve under the right flag, you wouldn't because you're a flaggot.

Know what you are fiughting for, from what you say I doubt you do.

I thought you Repugs like to sell your party on the fact that it was the party that freed slaves and the party of Lincoln yet Lincoln didn't fight and didn't the support the flaggots under the Confederacy. Dumbass.

Forum List

Back