Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day the 'Culture Cancel' idiots will be attempting to erase any memory of the Confederacy at Gettysburg National Park in order to completely erase the memory and history of the Civil War.
Progressives need to do this in order to sustain perpetual power should they, God forbid, ever achieve it!

And what does anything at Gettysburg have to do with the Cult of the Lost Cause? Did the UDC plop some shit there too?

One day the 'Culture Cancel' idiots will be attempting to erase any memory of the Confederacy at Gettysburg National Park in order to completely erase the memory and history of the Civil War.
Progressives need to do this in order to sustain perpetual power should they, God forbid, ever achieve it!

History is one thing, honor is anther.

Two things that you know little about.
You fail to honor history!

Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Burning books will be next...

Democracy sucks, doesn’t it?

I honor history, not his-story.

Since 'Culture Cancel' idiots want to dismantle Confederate statues, how about we dismantle statues depicting the horrors of slavery too, and act like that didn't happen.
What's fair is fair, you fuckin' idiots.

Since 'Culture Cancel' idiots want to dismantle Confederate statues, how about we dismantle statues depicting the horrors of slavery too, and act like that didn't happen.
What's fair is fair, you fuckin' idiots.

Um.............. that's what these propaganda transmitters were already doing -- acting like it didn't happen.

Thanks for coming over to the bright side. Sunny in here, innit?

Unlike you, I honor history, and truth, for better and/or worse.

The benefit of history is: if we know where we are going, we need to know where we were.
Cancelling it does no one any good!

The benefit of history is: if we know where we are going, we need to know where we were.

Not to worry. The history of the Lost Cause Cult trying to rewrite history is being exposed every time they take back one of their propaganda transmitters. In future we won't take lightly who puts out what message and what the agenda is behind it.

Not to worry. The history of the Lost Cause Cult trying to rewrite history is being exposed every time they take back one of their propaganda transmitters. In future we won't take lightly who puts out what message and what the agenda is behind it.

Your cult are the experts at revising history once you've cancelled enough of American culture.

Your cult are the experts at revising history once you've cancelled enough of American culture.

Oh no I've never been part of this Cult. I've been a part of exposing it. All through this thread and others before.

What's that?

Yeah, you're welcome. Don't expend that knowledge all in one place.

And by the way you might want to essplain to the class how the city or county who OWNS the property can't decide what goes ON their own property, or how the UDC which OWNS the statue isn't allowed to take back their own statue. No one else has yet been able to.

Oh no I've never been part of this Cult. I've been a part of exposing it. All through this thread and others before.

What's that?

Yeah, you're welcome. Don't expend that knowledge all in one place.

And by the way you might want to essplain to the class how the city or county who OWNS the property can't decide what goes ON their own property, or how the UDC which OWNS the statue isn't allowed to take back their own statue. No one else has yet been able to.

The 'content of your character' leaves much to be desired. And likewise, the county, city, or property owners.

You don't honor the losers.

I meant what I said. Why don't you address the policy of reconciliation? That was actual national policy. That succeeded.

Instead of just making shit up. Unless your goal is to just make up shit, pretend I said it, and then just play with yourself.

Germany went through a reconciliation, doesn't change the fact of who the Nazis were.

Build a time machine, go back in time, and argue with the veterans of the Union Army, that they should not have a policy of reconciliation, because "nazis". Then come back and let me know how it went for you.

Meanwhile, here is the present, these issues were laid to rest long before I was born.

Those Union veterans, and their peers of that time, accepted the South and the Southerns back into the Union, long ago.

Who are you to renege on their forgiveness? What moral authority do you have, that you think out weights their sacrifices?

Germany accepted the Nazis back into the country, but you don't see statues of Hitler, Klaus Barbie, Adolf Eichmann, etc. I served in Germany and there is no statues or monuments of Nazis in that country. Hell it is against the law to display any.

Yeah, you said that. I told you to build a time machine and go complain to the union vets, who decided to have reconciliation, instead of tearing this nation apart.

I also asked you, what moral authority you have, to overrule those that actually fought that war.

All you did was just repeat the same shit you said before.

That fear you felt, when you thought about answering my points, and decided to cowardly NOT?

That was your brain letting you know that you are wrong.

Nobody is arguing about making this one nation again, the Confederacy was traitors and they should not be honored with statues or monuments. What part of that can't your dumbass understand.

Said the man that refuses to address what moral authority he has, to renege on the forgiven given by the Union vets.

That forgiveness is what made US one nation again, after the division of the Civil War.

As you are trying to undo that forgiveness, you are trying to undone US being one nation.

That is what this is all about. You hating and attacking America.

What the hell does history and honoring traitors have to do with anything.

History doesn't change because you don't honor those who took up arms against this country, because they wanted to continue their racist ways.

Germany went through a reconciliation, doesn't change the fact of who the Nazis were.

Build a time machine, go back in time, and argue with the veterans of the Union Army, that they should not have a policy of reconciliation, because "nazis". Then come back and let me know how it went for you.

Meanwhile, here is the present, these issues were laid to rest long before I was born.

Those Union veterans, and their peers of that time, accepted the South and the Southerns back into the Union, long ago.

Who are you to renege on their forgiveness? What moral authority do you have, that you think out weights their sacrifices?

Germany accepted the Nazis back into the country, but you don't see statues of Hitler, Klaus Barbie, Adolf Eichmann, etc. I served in Germany and there is no statues or monuments of Nazis in that country. Hell it is against the law to display any.

Yeah, you said that. I told you to build a time machine and go complain to the union vets, who decided to have reconciliation, instead of tearing this nation apart.

I also asked you, what moral authority you have, to overrule those that actually fought that war.

That fear you felt, when you thought about answering my points, and decided to cowardly NOT?

Nobody is arguing about making this one nation again, the Confederacy was traitors and they should not be honored with statues or monuments. What part of that can't your dumbass understand.

Said the man that refuses to address what moral authority he has, to renege on the forgiven given by the Union vets.

What the hell does forgiveness have to do with honoring traitors?

That forgiveness is what made US one nation again, after the division of the Civil War.

Ok, so what does that have to do with honoring traitors?

As you are trying to undo that forgiveness, you are trying to undone US being one nation.

What does honoring traitors have to do with forgiveness?

Isn't that what drove the Confederacy to take up arms against America, Smfh.

The "treason" such as it was, was long ago forgiven. It is not credible that you don't know this, or even care about it.

They have long ago, been readmitted to the Union and are now honored as part of the larger American heritage and culture.

Which is part of what makes US, a common heritage and culture.

As you well know, which is why you are attacking it.

The "treason" such as it was, was long ago forgiven. It is not credible that you don't know this, or even care about it.

They have long ago, been readmitted to the Union and are now honored as part of the larger American heritage and culture.

Which is part of what makes US, a common heritage and culture.

As you well know, which is why you are attacking it.

The part you are missing, just because I forgave you doesn't mean i have to honor your crimes with statues and monuments.

Good move, they can replace it with a statue of a slave in bondage

hqdefault.jpg

That is the TRUE Confederate heritage

Indeed it was, and indeed it was long ago. Which has ZERO to do with a propaganda drive subsequently blanketed over the land to redefine what was behind the conflict it in the first place.

Nice try, deflector shields fail.

You don't honor the losers.

And maybe more to the point you don't honor their cause in a surreptitious way, which in effect denies that they lost.

Germany doesn't dot its land with monuments sending the message "well yes Hitler lost but it's a shame because his heart really was in the right place genociding Jews and invading everybody". THAT would be dishonoring history.

It's the same thing the Klan tried to do, which is why the UDC and the KKK were so intertwined. They were both flailing away trying to preserve, protect and defend the distasteful ideas that created that War, even after they lost it, in effect nullifying that surrender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back