Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equality before the law, was the goal for many generations, and was eventually achieved, long ago.

And during that whole time, the celebration of confederate symbols was seen as harmless regional pride and part of the larger American culture, utterly unconnected to the issue of equality.

Even back to, and including the generation of men that fought and paid the price of that war.

To pretend, now, suddenly that this has become an issue, for the children of the children of the children of the children of those who were freed by those men, so long ago,

is absurd.

You've lost. Get over it. Isn't that what we told Hillary?

But I did not lose. Americans fought and then put the fight behind them, long before I was born. In no way was it a loss for me.

If anyone loss, it was the idea that America would be divided by the conflict. The policy was to heal the wounds of the war, and that was done, successfully, generations before either of us were born.

You're right it was done at the expense of black folks.

SInce then, the celebration of confederate symbols, have been accepted as a completely harmless form of regional pride, within the larger American culture, for many generations.

Seriously, what the fuck are you even talking about?

It was accepted by the grand children and great grand children of the traitors.

"Black folks" would not have benefited from this nation being torn apart, neither in the past, nor today.

In both times, then and now, those who want to tear this nation down, are the enemy of "black folks".

To be clear, you are an anti-American piece of shit.

Is literally EVERYTHING outside your own little bubbleshpere a "piece of shit"?

Maybe you should invest in a toilet.

Note how I explained my conclusion, before I stated my conclusion?

And how you failed to address my argument, or even try to make a counter argument?

That is you losing the debate.

It's absurd thinking members of this society have ever honored those racist traitors .

Did you not learn that the Civil War is officially over or do you want to create another schism in America? Frankly THAT sounds rather traitorous.

The war is over, but it doesn't change the fact that the Confederacy was traitors.

The war is over, and the wounds are long healed, and forgiveness was given by those that had the moral authority to do so.

That you show up now, trying to tear this nation apart, makes you the traitors.

But I did not lose. Americans fought and then put the fight behind them, long before I was born. In no way was it a loss for me.

If anyone loss, it was the idea that America would be divided by the conflict. The policy was to heal the wounds of the war, and that was done, successfully, generations before either of us were born.

SInce then, the celebration of confederate symbols, have been accepted as a completely harmless form of regional pride, within the larger American culture, for many generations.

Get over it.

Get over what? What are you even talking about?

The fact that our ancestors kissed and made up, generations before we were born?

There is nothing to get over.

Great, so there is no need for this thread.

Apparently when he says "The policy was to heal the wounds of the war" he means the hyperextensive whitewash campaign that began immediately after, with Pollard's book quite literally titled "The Lost Cause: A New Southern History of the War of the Confederates" (1867), whence derives the term "Lost Cause"; a massive excision of schoolbooks engineered by the UDC; the flims "Birth of a Nation" and "Gone With the Wind"; Jim Crow ordinances; a "gentlemen's agreement" to keep blacks out of baseball; innumerable race riots and lynchings; the rebirth of the Klan; and all these hundreds of monuments peppered around public property, again by the UDC, all put there to undermine the whole point of that War because sore losers.

The "wounds of the war" then, means a call for a rewrite because truth is hard.

Seems like a rather expensive "healing".

I meant what I said. Why don't you address the policy of reconciliation? That was actual national policy. That succeeded.

Instead of just making shit up. Unless your goal is to just make up shit, pretend I said it, and then just play with yourself.

Germany went through a reconciliation, doesn't change the fact of who the Nazis were.

Separate water fountains, hotels and schools were accepted for many years also.

Equality before the law, was the goal for many generations, and was eventually achieved, long ago.

And during that whole time, the celebration of confederate symbols was seen as harmless regional pride and part of the larger American culture, utterly unconnected to the issue of equality.

Even back to, and including the generation of men that fought and paid the price of that war.

To pretend, now, suddenly that this has become an issue, for the children of the children of the children of the children of those who were freed by those men, so long ago,

is absurd.

"Black folks" would not have benefited from this nation being torn apart, neither in the past, nor today.

In both times, then and now, those who want to tear this nation down, are the enemy of "black folks".

I am willing to bet I have done more to serve this country than your fake patriot ass. I see why you are a stinkin Trump Humper.

is absurd.

Is literally EVERYTHING outside your own little bubbleshpere a "piece of shit"?

Maybe you should invest in a toilet.

Yep and climb in it while he is at it.

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Burning books will be next...
They are trying to make honoring the confederate soldiers are a Republican's issue. The Dems are turning the tables around to confuse the voters. Like when they recently changed the color code for each party. that it has confused a lot of Republican voters. Because most of them has gotten adapted to Republicans being the blue party. That they will only support those that represent the Blue party. A lot of old folks goes by the color scheme. That it is hard for them change their ways. Al Gore was hoping to take most of the Republican's votes away when they has changed the color code. But he didn't realized that there were old Democrats that are set in their ways as well.

In 1976, NBC debuted its first election map on the air, with bulbs that turned red for Carter-won states (Democratic), and blue for Ford (Republican). This original color scheme was based on Great Britain's political system, which used red to denote the more liberal party.
Why are Republicans red and Democrats blue?

The first use of the terms red state to connote a Republican state came about a week before the 2000 presidential election between Republican George W. Bush and Democrat Al Gore,
Why Does the Republican Party Use Red?

Yeah sorry, that's fascinating I'm sure but none of this is related to either colors or political parties. It's not a political party issue.

His logic is holding together a lot better than yours.

Perhaps you might essplain to the class then, where the deconstruction of the Lost Cause Cult anywhere involves the colors "red" or "blue" or any political party at all.

Get over it.

The fact that our ancestors kissed and made up, generations before we were born?

Apparently when he says "The policy was to heal the wounds of the war" he means the hyperextensive whitewash campaign that began immediately after, with Pollard's book quite literally titled "The Lost Cause: A New Southern History of the War of the Confederates" (1867), whence derives the term "Lost Cause"; a massive excision of schoolbooks engineered by the UDC; the flims "Birth of a Nation" and "Gone With the Wind"; Jim Crow ordinances; a "gentlemen's agreement" to keep blacks out of baseball; innumerable race riots and lynchings; the rebirth of the Klan; and all these hundreds of monuments peppered around public property, again by the UDC, all put there to undermine the whole point of that War because sore losers.

I meant what I said. Why don't you address the policy of reconciliation? That was actual national policy. That succeeded.

Instead of just making shit up. Unless your goal is to just make up shit, pretend I said it, and then just play with yourself.

Germany went through a reconciliation, doesn't change the fact of who the Nazis were.

Build a time machine, go back in time, and argue with the veterans of the Union Army, that they should not have a policy of reconciliation, because "nazis". Then come back and let me know how it went for you.

Meanwhile, here is the present, these issues were laid to rest long before I was born.

Those Union veterans, and their peers of that time, accepted the South and the Southerns back into the Union, long ago.

Who are you to renege on their forgiveness? What moral authority do you have, that you think out weights their sacrifices?

is absurd.

I am willing to bet I have done more to serve this country than your fake patriot ass. I see why you are a stinkin Trump Humper.

You are here to tear this nation apart. You are an anti-American piece of shit.

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Burning books will be next...
They are trying to make honoring the confederate soldiers are a Republican's issue. The Dems are turning the tables around to confuse the voters. Like when they recently changed the color code for each party. that it has confused a lot of Republican voters. Because most of them has gotten adapted to Republicans being the blue party. That they will only support those that represent the Blue party. A lot of old folks goes by the color scheme. That it is hard for them change their ways. Al Gore was hoping to take most of the Republican's votes away when they has changed the color code. But he didn't realized that there were old Democrats that are set in their ways as well.

In 1976, NBC debuted its first election map on the air, with bulbs that turned red for Carter-won states (Democratic), and blue for Ford (Republican). This original color scheme was based on Great Britain's political system, which used red to denote the more liberal party.
Why are Republicans red and Democrats blue?

The first use of the terms red state to connote a Republican state came about a week before the 2000 presidential election between Republican George W. Bush and Democrat Al Gore,
Why Does the Republican Party Use Red?

Yeah sorry, that's fascinating I'm sure but none of this is related to either colors or political parties. It's not a political party issue.

His logic is holding together a lot better than yours.

Perhaps you might essplain to the class then, where the deconstruction of the Lost Cause Cult anywhere involves the colors "red" or "blue" or any political party at all.

Nah, don't care.

But compared to the shit you and yours are pushing. He comes across as a fucking Einstein.

Build a time machine, go back in time, and argue with the veterans of the Union Army, that they should not have a policy of reconciliation, because "nazis". Then come back and let me know how it went for you.

Meanwhile, here is the present, these issues were laid to rest long before I was born.

Those Union veterans, and their peers of that time, accepted the South and the Southerns back into the Union, long ago.

Who are you to renege on their forgiveness? What moral authority do you have, that you think out weights their sacrifices?

Germany accepted the Nazis back into the country, but you don't see statues of Hitler, Klaus Barbie, Adolf Eichmann, etc. I served in Germany and there is no statues or monuments of Nazis in that country. Hell it is against the law to display any.

Get over it.

Germany also didn't run around putting up fictionalized versions of how the Nazi Party really were just misunderstood bearers of "honor" trying to do the Reich thing. Uh I mean right thing.

It didn't hire Leni Riefenstahl to concoct a fantasy movie where the Nazis run in to stave off the awful Jews out to rape Aryan women. It didn't throw up statues and monuments from Scheswig-Holstein to Bavaria crowing about how valiant Himmler and Göring were. It didn't rewrite its schoolbooks to white out any reference to Hitler as being anything less than a swell mensch. And it didn't then ban Jews from sports, bubble up Jew water fountains and waiting rooms, or make necessary a Jewish Rights movement to take what simple rights had been promised in the German constitution.

I am not here to agree with a racist POS like you.

Germany accepted the Nazis back into the country, but you don't see statues of Hitler, Klaus Barbie, Adolf Eichmann, etc. I served in Germany and there is no statues or monuments of Nazis in that country. Hell it is against the law to display any.

Yeah, you said that. I told you to build a time machine and go complain to the union vets, who decided to have reconciliation, instead of tearing this nation apart.

I also asked you, what moral authority you have, to overrule those that actually fought that war.

All you did was just repeat the same shit you said before.

That fear you felt, when you thought about answering my points, and decided to cowardly NOT?

That was your brain letting you know that you are wrong.

I am not here to agree with a racist POS like you.

Funny, this was supposed to be about statues in the SOuth, and the confederate "traitors".

And suddenly, it is about me?

You kind of slipped up there, told the truth by accident.

LIke I said, you are here, not because of some long ago war, or century old statue, but to tear about American TODAY.

Because you are a traitor.

Good! Remove all the traitor statues. Especially from courthouses.

Fortunately the Rushmore likeness of MessiahObama won't have to be torn down.

Just set fire to it and screw the carbon footprint like he/she/it screwed America!

Funny you should mention Rushmore. Some of the more educated readers just went "wuh-oh".

Gutzon Borglum who carved Rushmore, was also a rabid Klanner. Before Rushmore he was hired to carve a Confederate glory-hole into Stone Mountain, where the Klan was re-instigated under a bible, an unsheathed sword, an American flag and a fiery cross. Again the image featured valiant Confederate heroes riding into battle, same as the rest of this Lost Cause malarkey.

Oh and the UDC, who put this statue up and hundreds of others, was behind that project too. It was the same time they were hanging a plaque on a building in Pulaski Tennessee honoring the birthplace of the original Ku Klux Klan. So wherever the Klan was, so was the UDC.

The more you know...

Yeah, you said that. I told you to build a time machine and go complain to the union vets, who decided to have reconciliation, instead of tearing this nation apart.

I also asked you, what moral authority you have, to overrule those that actually fought that war.

All you did was just repeat the same shit you said before.

That fear you felt, when you thought about answering my points, and decided to cowardly NOT?

That was your brain letting you know that you are wrong.

Nobody is arguing about making this one nation again, the Confederacy was traitors and they should not be honored with statues or monuments. What part of that can't your dumbass understand.

One day the 'Culture Cancel' idiots will be attempting to erase any memory of the Confederacy at Gettysburg National Park in order to completely erase the memory and history of the Civil War.
Progressives need to do this in order to sustain perpetual power should they, God forbid, ever achieve it!

One day the 'Culture Cancel' idiots will be attempting to erase any memory of the Confederacy at Gettysburg National Park in order to completely erase the memory and history of the Civil War.
Progressives need to do this in order to sustain perpetual power should they, God forbid, ever achieve it!

History is one thing, honor is anther.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back