Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the statue haters knew what Lincoln actually said about Blacks...His statues would be taken down also. But this is covered up.

Lincoln is yet another figure who has nothing to do with the Lost Cause.

You’re endorsing censorship.
False. Not allowing public funds, to pay for a statue, or for the State to sponsor it on State grounds, is not censorship. Not by any stretch of the imagination. You are still free to display all the confederate symbolism you like. Knock yourself out.
Wrong. You’re endorsing censorship and trying to disguise it with speech.
You’re endorsing censorship on public grounds. You’re endorsing forced selective speech on public grounds. You should be endorsing free speech and context but instead you endorse speech that only fits your narrative. That’s fascism, bro.

False. Not allowing public funds, to pay for a statue, or for the State to sponsor it on State grounds, is not censorship. Not by any stretch of the imagination. You are still free to display all the confederate symbolism you like. Knock yourself out.
What’s wrong with the statue? Your racism?

You can't expect a black man to go to a court house to pay his taxes and have to walk past a statue to someone that fought to keep his ancestors a slave.
He fought to maintain the rights and sovereignty of his state. Slavery was a secondary issue and needs to be presented in the context of the era to be honest.
You want to apply a very funneled, narrow focus that denies context. That’s fascism.

If the statue haters knew what Lincoln actually said about Blacks...His statues would be taken down also. But this is covered up.

This thread is about Civil War statues. Lincoln precipitated the Civil War. It was His War.

No, it's about Lost Cause statues, of which the example in your OP WAS one. READ IT.

How old was Lincoln in 1907?

This is my state, I know what a fucking Lost Cause statue is.

You can't expect a black man to go to a court house to pay his taxes and have to walk past a statue to someone that fought to keep his ancestors a slave.
He fought to maintain the rights and sovereignty of his state. Slavery was a secondary issue and needs to be presented in the context of the era to be honest.
You want to apply a very funneled, narrow focus that denies context. That’s fascism.

Lol....I chuckle at how so many want to label about anything as "Fascism" or something of the sort.

Friggen Fascists. I ordered this without pickles and they put pickles on it.

We can not expect someone to have to walk past a statue of someone that fought to keep his ancestors a slave as he goes to pay his taxes.

Lol....I chuckle at how so many want to label about anything as "Fascism" or something of the sort.

We can not expect someone to have to walk past a statue of someone that fought to keep his ancestors a slave as he goes to pay his taxes.

How can that same man walk by the USA flag, after all they had slavery for 89 years under that flag? Is that the next thing that gets attacked?

It is pure fascism. Forced and denied speech.
According to your selective reasoning, only the context of slavery is allowed. That is forced speech.
Most race riots of the 1960’s and 70’s occurred in northern cities. I suppose any vestige to any public figure in those cities should be removed, too? Damn the context, right?

How can that same man walk by the USA flag, after all they had slavery for 89 years under that flag? Is that the next thing that gets attacked?

Once AGAIN ----- the US flag ALSO has nothing to do with the Lost Cause.

Any more red herrings? Dunlop tires? Ferris wheels? Actual red herrings?

It’s already under attack by neosegregationist fascists. Kapernick, et al?

This thread is about Civil War statues. Lincoln precipitated the Civil War. It was His War.

No, it's about Lost Cause statues, of which the example in your OP WAS one. READ IT.

Wrong again. "Lost Cause" is not mentioned in the OP, only your repeated drivel.
Fighting to protect your sacred homeland from a Terrorist invasion sent by a Tyrant is a lost cause?

Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

"A North Carolina county removed a Confederate statue from a historic courthouse early on Wednesday, joining the handful of places around the state where such monuments have come down in recent years despite a law protecting them.

News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone..."

Burning books will be next...
Good! Remove all the traitor statues. Especially from courthouses.

That's a good commie fascist......
Yes, I know this all bothers you wannabe klan members. Remember when you pussies had the guts to wear your hoods? Oh wait, you pussies were hiding then, too. Nevermind.

The problem is you paint with a very broad brush. Seeing everyone as Klan because the statues have become politicized. The Confederate army and its generals were deemed to be NOT traitors by the Union after the war, for the purpose of reconciliation. Therefore they would be allowed to have monuments to their fallen just as the people in the North. Many southerners since then have died fighting for this country in many wars and continue to do so. Time to let the divisiveness go.

That same flag fought to free his ancestors.

According to your selective reasoning, only the context of slavery is allowed. That is forced speech.
Most race riots of the 1960’s and 70’s occurred in northern cities. I suppose any vestige to any public figure in those cities should be removed, too? Damn the context, right?

You have been corrected on this over and over.

You need to actually respond to offer any alleged correction.

If it had no affect on you before it's not going to now.

If it had no affect on you before it's not going to now.
You’ve made no correction.

Wrong again. "Lost Cause" is not mentioned in the OP, only your repeated drivel.
Fighting to protect your sacred homeland from a Terrorist invasion sent by a Tyrant is a lost cause?

Oh but it is. Roll tape.

>> News outlets reported that a subdued crowd of several dozen people watched as the statue of a soldier was taken down overnight outside the historic Chatham county courthouse, where it had stood since 1907. By dawn, even the base was gone.

But county officials argued in court that the monument was private property, owned by the United Daughters of the Confederacy

Protesters have also torn down two such monuments in recent years, including one at a historic Durham courthouse and another on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. <<

Those two were erected 1924 and 1913 respectively, also spurred by the UDC. The latter was dedicated with a Confederate veteran rambling on about how he had publicly "whipped a negro wench" near that very spot years before.

We did all this shit before. It may be new to you, not new to us.

Oh and that court decision to send it back to the UDC and let them decide what to do with it but not on our public property, that's not new either.

That same flag fought to free his ancestors.

So "they" are OK with the USA having slavery for 89 years, but not OK with the Confederacy having slavery for 4 years? Not good at math?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back