Confederate statue removed from historic North Carolina courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't expect a black man to go to a court house to pay his taxes and have to walk past a statue to someone that fought to keep his ancestors a slave.
He fought to maintain the rights and sovereignty of his state. Slavery was a secondary issue and needs to be presented in the context of the era to be honest.
You want to apply a very funneled, narrow focus that denies context. That’s fascism.

Lol....I chuckle at how so many want to label about anything as "Fascism" or something of the sort.

Friggen Fascists. I ordered this without pickles and they put pickles on it.

We can not expect someone to have to walk past a statue of someone that fought to keep his ancestors a slave as he goes to pay his taxes.

How can that same man walk by the USA flag, after all they had slavery for 89 years under that flag? Is that the next thing that gets attacked?

That same flag fought to free his ancestors.

So "they" are OK with the USA having slavery for 89 years, but not OK with the Confederacy having slavery for 4 years? Not good at math?

The Confederacy didn't just have slavery for 4 years.

You’re endorsing censorship.
False. Not allowing public funds, to pay for a statue, or for the State to sponsor it on State grounds, is not censorship. Not by any stretch of the imagination. You are still free to display all the confederate symbolism you like. Knock yourself out.
What’s wrong with the statue? Your racism?

You can't expect a black man to go to a court house to pay his taxes and have to walk past a statue to someone that fought to keep his ancestors a slave.

You might have a point there except everyone including yourself knows its not really about that statue. Next its the current U.S. flag, the pledge of allegiance, the national anthem, other symbols like George Washington and Jefferson will be next, and pretty much everything that symbolizes patriotism for this country, all because there is a radical faction within The democrat party that believes America symbolizes injustice and it all needs to come down. Just start with the confederate statues first, thats the easy one.... then move on down the line.
Look in the communist playbook on how to take down a nation from within and its all there. The people who want to destroy you and your way of life always show up with a smile and talk about fairness.

He fought to maintain the rights and sovereignty of his state. Slavery was a secondary issue and needs to be presented in the context of the era to be honest.
You want to apply a very funneled, narrow focus that denies context. That’s fascism.

Lol....I chuckle at how so many want to label about anything as "Fascism" or something of the sort.

We can not expect someone to have to walk past a statue of someone that fought to keep his ancestors a slave as he goes to pay his taxes.

How can that same man walk by the USA flag, after all they had slavery for 89 years under that flag? Is that the next thing that gets attacked?

So "they" are OK with the USA having slavery for 89 years, but not OK with the Confederacy having slavery for 4 years? Not good at math?

The Confederate States of America only existed for 4 years. All other slavery in the USA was OK under USA laws. Supported by the US Congress and the US Supreme Court.

Robert Duvall is a descendant of Robert E. Lee
and appears at protests over making mini malls of
battlefields.

Destroying those statues and memories of the CSA
does a disservice to what is, AMERICA

And when your state Indiana abolished slavery, they immidiately passed anti-black immigration laws to keep free blacks out. I'm sure this is duly noted in your Indiana school books, Right?
No idea! I do know that the Indiana Supreme Court later (1820) issued a ruling that gave freedom to all the slaves in Indiana. Did they not teach you that on Breitbart?

Wrong. You’re endorsing censorship and trying to disguise it with speech.
Wrong. Voting away, by due process, state sponsorship of something (but allowing any private citizen to carry on) is not censorship. By any stretch of the imagination. Now I am repeating myself.

The problem is you paint with a very broad brush.
Yes, intentionally so. I was being facetious in order to mock him, using his own favorite fallacies. Surely you get that.
Seeing everyone as Klan because the statues have become politicized.
Why do you think the Klan wore hoods? Because they had to hide. They didn't hide during the Civil War. Later,they had to hide. This is because they men those statues represent were murdered or defeated.

False. Not allowing public funds, to pay for a statue, or for the State to sponsor it on State grounds, is not censorship. Not by any stretch of the imagination. You are still free to display all the confederate symbolism you like. Knock yourself out.

You might have a point there except everyone including yourself knows its not really about that statue. Next its the current U.S. flag, the pledge of allegiance, the national anthem, other symbols like George Washington and Jefferson will be next, and pretty much everything that symbolizes patriotism for this country, all because there is a radical faction within The democrat party that believes America symbolizes injustice and it all needs to come down. Just start with the confederate statues first, thats the easy one.... then move on down the line.
Look in the communist playbook on how to take down a nation from within and its all there. The people who want to destroy you and your way of life always show up with a smile and talk about fairness.

If you want to argue it won't end there, argue it but as far as this issue goes, you can not expect a man to go to the courthouse to pay his taxes and walk past a statue to a man that fought to keep his ancestors in slavery.

The Confederate States of America only existed for 4 years. All other slavery in the USA was OK under USA laws. Supported by the US Congress and the US Supreme Court.

No it wasn't. You arent much on history.

No it wasn't. You arent much on history.

Much to the contrary. I teach history, and morals, and virtue, to people from the North. It is very frustrating work. :wink:

You’re right. They only had it illegally for 3.5 years.

If you want to argue it won't end there, argue it but as far as this issue goes, you can not expect a man to go to the courthouse to pay his taxes and walk past a statue to a man that fought to keep his ancestors in slavery.

Really? he cant walk past the statue of a man he defeated? or has the statue defeated the man?
He's not paying taxes to the Confederacy. If I was a black man I think I would see it as a monument to freedom, not slavery. I would be looking into the face of the man who was defeated by the Union and African Americans as well. I think we are all just being taught to be weak now and to feel threatened instead of being taught to be strong and to be victorious. Better to build things up instead of tearing things down......
I would counter and say I want to have a monument to black soldiers in the Union army also right there on the courthouse steps, but I dont have a need as a grown man to tear down someone elses monument.

Not true either.

Wrong. You’re endorsing censorship and trying to disguise it with speech.
Wrong. Voting away, by due process, state sponsorship of something (but allowing any private citizen to carry on) is not censorship. By any stretch of the imagination. Now I am repeating myself.
Where is that due process? How was it carried out? How was it framed?

Really? he cant walk past the statue of a man he defeated? or has the statue defeated the man?
He's not paying taxes to the Confederacy. If I was a black man I think I would see it as a monument to freedom, not slavery. I would be looking into the face of the man who was defeated by the Union and African Americans as well. I think we are all just being taught to be weak now and to feel threatened instead of being taught to be strong and to be victorious. Better to build things up instead of tearing things down......
I would counter and say I want to have a monument to black soldiers in the Union army also right there on the courthouse steps, but I dont have a need as a grown man to tear down someone elses monument.

If you want to go there, you don't place statues to the losers.

Not true either.
Right again. It was only 2.3 years. Emancipation January 1, 1863. Confederacy dissolved April, 1865.

What was illegal?

What was illegal?
Slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back