Congratulations to Hillary Clinton!

Actually two revelations came to light.

1) She told the Egyptians hours after the attack that it was terrorism, she told Chelsea that it "was done by an Al-Qaeda like group, but then spent the next few days, including the casket ceremony of the four dead men blaming the attacks on a video.

2) The consulate sent 600 separate requests to the State Department for extra security, and none of them ever reached Clinton's desk.

Sorry.

You say that as if one can only be true if the other is false. That's certainly not the case.

Actually not. Both of them are true.

1) She told the Egyptian PM that it was a straight out terrorist attack which didn't have anything to do with the video, she then told Chelsea the same thing.

2) Yet contrary to what she told the PM and her daughter, she spent the next few days blaming it on a video. She then reiterated that in her testimony yesterday:

"Several of you have raised the video and dismissed the importance of the video, and I think that is unfortunate.”

Contrary to what Doc said, Hillary saw the video as more than an "influence" or a "factor." She said it was unfortunate that they "dismissed the importance (past tense) of the video."

If "that's not true" is your only argument, then you're pathetic.

The video thing has been explained to death. It's a pretty dead issue at this point, I don't get why right wingers cling to it so desperately.

And I don't get why you're trying to dismiss my claim so... desperately. The issue is dead only because you want it to be.

1) She told the Egyptians hours after the attack that it was terrorism, she told Chelsea that it "was done by an Al-Qaeda like group, but then spent the next few days, including the casket ceremony of the four dead men blaming the attacks on a video.

2) The consulate sent 600 separate requests to the State Department for extra security, and none of them ever reached Clinton's desk.

Sorry.

You say that as if one can only be true if the other is false. That's certainly not the case.

1) She told the Egyptian PM that it was a straight out terrorist attack which didn't have anything to do with the video, she then told Chelsea the same thing.

2) Yet contrary to what she told the PM and her daughter, she spent the next few days blaming it on a video. She then reiterated that in her testimony yesterday:

"Several of you have raised the video and dismissed the importance of the video, and I think that is unfortunate.”

Contrary to what Doc said, Hillary saw the video as more than an "influence" or a "factor." She said it was unfortunate that they "dismissed the importance (past tense) of the video."

The video thing has been explained to death. It's a pretty dead issue at this point, I don't get why right wingers cling to it so desperately.

And I don't get why you're trying to dismiss my claim so... desperately. The issue is dead only because you want it to be.

Even the committee didn't focused much on the video claims. They've been over it and over it and over it. It's not going anywhere, it's dead.

the Republicans were TOLD by their brainwashing Media, that Obama had said that AlQaeda was dead, defeated, no longer a threat....

This specific LIE about what Obama actually said, allowed the right wing LIE masters media, to then claim that Obama Administration did not want anyone to know that AlQaeda was not dead and defeated...

The thing is, Obama NEVER SAID Alqaeda was defeated....that's right, that talking point from the right wing was never true in the first place, and this conspiracy of theirs of Obama wanting to hide it, could have never been created if they just simply fact checked their own media spinmeisters in the first place.....
  1. Obama Has Touted Al Qaeda’s Demise 32 Times since...
    cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-touts-al-qaeda-s-demise...Cached
    Obama Has Touted Al Qaeda’s Demise 32 Times since Benghazi Attack. By Fred Lucas | November 1, 2012 | 4:16 PM EDT ...
    1. Al Qaeda is “morphing,” not on the run, intel...
      www.cbsnews.com/news/al-qaeda-is-morphing-not-on-the-run...Cached
      Intelligence officials reiterate to Congress that the threat of al Qaeda ... Mr. Obama often said, “al Qaeda is on the run ... he said. Clapper noted that the al ...
    1. Flashback: Obama Says " Al- Qaeda Is On the Run"...
      www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/04/flashback-obama-says-al...Cached
      ... “We focused on the terrorists and Al-Qaeda is on the run.” ... Obama Says “Al-Qaeda Is On the Run” ... Al Ahram; Asharq Alawsat;
on the run, etc is NOT SAYING they were DEFEATED, and is not saying there would never ever be another alqaeda attack....which is how your right wing media spun it....

even though obama DID NOT SAY they were defeated and gone forever, the right wing media, may have been right though....who even talks about alqaeda anymore....it's all isis... alqaeda has just disappeared off the radar it seems?

Sorry.

Even the committee didn't focused much on the video claims. They've been over it and over it and over it. It's not going anywhere, it's dead.

Then why, in her statement, did she mention that "several of you have raised the video"?

When several congressmen pressed her on the video... that's more focus than you care to admit.

Try to read carefully.

Sorry.

They have nothing else

Every other Benghazi conspiracy theory has been shot down

I'm just interested in why liberals are so eager to dismiss this issue as "dead."

Hillary has been exposed as a habitual liar.

"We know the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest."

-Hillary Clinton in a phone call with Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil

That clearly shows she was out in public blaming the video for this attack, yet telling the Egyptian PM that it had nothing to do with a film.

http://benghazi.house.gov/sites/republicans.benghazi.house.gov/files/documents/Tab 79.pdf

if anyone on this board believes that our govt comes right out and blasts over the world wide tv audiences and web exactly what happened in ANY catastrophic event like this, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you....

it's expected, and even required, in many situations NOT TO DO THIS...

this is just faux outrage imo...

if anyone on this board believes that our govt comes right out and blasts over the world wide tv audiences and web exactly what happened in ANY catastrophic event like this, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you...

Isn't it supposed to?

Yay Honesty!

Oh wait.
There are many many National security reasons in the immediate aftermath of such events for our Government to not go out on world television and tell the perps what our Intelligence knows....

This is not for me to decide or to stomp my feet on...I am not a high level person in the CIA, or NSA, or the State Dept, or the Defense dept, and am not privy to the confidential information, they know....

I expect them to be making these decisions on whether they want 'the enemy' to know they are on to them or not, via national/world television appearances....

It's selfish and childish and ridiculous to expect the government to report to me in person on something like this that I know nothing about.... within the first few days or week of the actual tragedy overseas...

And this is NOT a new stance for me...I have said this a few times at the very beginning of this incident, on this very board, a few years back....and time has not changed my 'rational' position on it.

Sorry.

Contrary to what Doc said, Hillary saw the video as more than an "influence" or a "factor." She said it was unfortunate that they "dismissed the importance (past tense) of the video." That means that she blamed the video for the attack on Benghazi.

Are you not familiar with the fact that people can, and often do, react to something that's said or done, especially if and when they take offense at it?

Don't you remember how certain Muslim extremists reacted to cartoons that portrayed Mohammed in an unflattering way? You should since it resulted in both murder and terrorism in Europe. I mean, they already take offense at depictions of Mohammed anyway. You should understand that in the Christian context of Thou shalt not make any 'graven images.' That means that ANY depiction of Mohammed would be met with scorn and anger. So, it should be no surprise to ANYONE that an image of Mohammed (or, in this particular case, a video that openly MOCKS Mohammed) is going to be received with anger and vitriol. Even the law recognizes the concept of an 'incitement to riot' as a causal factor when it comes to civil discord. Even in our own history, neo-Nazis were intending exactly that kind of reaction when they decided to hold a march in the heavily Jewish area of Skokie, Illinois.

Conservatives just make themselves look ignorant when they routinely dismiss causal factors as if it's not possible which is downright funny seeing as how easily conservatives take offense at just about everything when they don't feel they're getting the respect they deserve.

less than 10 days after the tragedy, it was out in the open on who was involved....not all the nitty gritty details that we may never know because they are top secret, but the ones that give us the gist of the event were all out in the open in a very very short time....

HOW DID THIS HURT ME, OR YOU? How did their 10 day wait, so they could gather more information, and also spin the spin that needed to be spun in the 'hot region', hurt us? How??????

So what precisely is this right wing bitch, all about?

Also, didn't it come out in the hearing that initially there was an alqaeda type group that was CLAIMING credit for the attack, but it also came out that a day or two later this group reneged their claim taking credit?

So even that part was confusing to those in the supposed Know.....1 minute it is one thing the next minute the group claiming credit reneges that credit, one of the participant perps captured says he began the attack initially because of the video....

I'm certain it was confusing for everyone initially, and this is why the talking points changed, and waffled, back and forth....along with them having to decide what they wanted the Perps to know that they knew, about them....

Were these not your words? What were you implying?

I was not "implying" anything. I was stating a fact.

Come now. A fact isn't just randomly stated for no reason if not to infer a point.

What I understood was

"if the video is responsible for those attacks, then it is possible that it caused the attack on the consulate in Benghazi."

I can't read your intentions from the other side of an internet connection.

You have, once again, added to my statement with your own imagination.

I mentioned the fact that 5 other embassies were attacked directly due to the internet video to add context to your Hillary Clinton quote:

"This has been a difficult week for the State Department and for our country. We’ve seen the heavy assault on our post in Benghazi that took the lives of those brave men. We’ve seen rage and violence directed at American embassies over an awful Internet video that we had nothing do to with.”

Why the need for context? It was easy to see she was blaming Benghazi on the video, irregardless of the five other attacks.

As you have proven......they just don't care.

Everyone knows she was lying.

Everyone knows they sent the vid maker to jail....contrary to the Liberal mantra 'better 100 guilty go free rather than one innocent blah blah blah...'

The truth is summed up here:
"Principle is nothing to liberals. Winning is everything."
Coulter

If there is a God who rewards rectitude, or karma, the same.....
...then Liberals have doomed us all.
he went to jail for breaking his probation, like everyone else who breaks their probation....but you seem to want some special privilege for the Criminal...

Who would have thunk it?

Also, didn't it come out in the hearing that initially there was an alqaeda type group that was CLAIMING credit for the attack, but it also came out that a day or two later this group reneged their claim taking credit?

So even that part was confusing to those in the supposed Know.....1 minute it is one thing the next minute the group claiming credit reneges that credit, one of the participant perps captured says he began the attack initially because of the video....

I'm certain it was confusing for everyone initially, and this is why the talking points changed, and waffled, back and forth....along with them having to decide what they wanted the Perps to know that they knew, about them....

CLINTON: Well, Congressman, there was a lot of conflicting information that we were trying to make sense of. The situation was very fluid. It was fast-moving. There was also a claim of responsibility by Ansar al-Sharia. And when I talked to the Egyptian prime minister, I said that this was a claim of responsibility by Ansar al-Sharia, by a group that was affiliated -- or at least wanted to be affiliated -- with Al Qaida.

Sometime after that, the next -- next day, early the next morning after that, on the 12th or 13th, they retracted their claim of responsibility.

Rep. Jim Jordan vs. Hillary Clinton: Why Did You Tell Egyptians Benghazi Was a Terrorist Attack But Not The American People?

CLINTON: Well, Congressman, there was a lot of conflicting information that we were trying to make sense of. The situation was very fluid. It was fast-moving. There was also a claim of responsibility by Ansar al-Sharia. And when I talked to the Egyptian prime minister, I said that this was a claim of responsibility by Ansar al-Sharia, by a group that was affiliated -- or at least wanted to be affiliated -- with Al Qaida.

Sometime after that, the next -- next day, early the next morning after that, on the 12th or 13th, they retracted their claim of responsibility.

Rep. Jim Jordan vs. Hillary Clinton: Why Did You Tell Egyptians Benghazi Was a Terrorist Attack But Not The American People?
Thank you! I knew I had heard this in the testimony yesterday!

if anyone on this board believes that our govt comes right out and blasts over the world wide tv audiences and web exactly what happened in ANY catastrophic event like this, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you....

it's expected, and even required, in many situations NOT TO DO THIS...

this is just faux outrage imo...

exactly.. not wise to spill the beans on all the intel up front like that...

the GOP claim to care about classified info in emails but at the time, they all went straight up the administrations butt in order to trumpet classified info in the midst of a precarious and dangerous diplomatic effort...

Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State

Treaty Room
Washington, DC
September 12, 2012

There will be more time later to reflect, but today, we have work to do. There is no higher priority than protecting our men and women wherever they serve. We are working to determine the precise motivations and methods of those who carried out this assault. Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our Embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the internet. America’s commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear – there is no justification for this, none. Violence like this is no way to honor religion or faith. And as long as there are those who would take innocent life in the name of God, the world will never know a true and lasting peace.

Remarks on the Deaths of American Personnel in Benghazi, Libya

Forum List

Back