Congratulations, Walmart Shoppers!

If you haven't heard, Black Friday deals are not what they were. The economy is out the recession and retailers have little reason to give merchandise away just to get you in the store.

I've shopped online for 15 years. I probably buy at least a dozen items a year and have never had a serious problem. I've had to return a few items and have a had a few shipments delayed but I have never lost a dime ordering online. If you are new to ordering online, be sure and check the return policy. You may have to look for it. Return policies will vary from non-returnable to 30 days or more.

Last edited:
I have zero desire to shop this weekend, zero...

I have never had it, nothing is worth this, someday he will get his turn

Exactly. If I'm shopping (I hate shopping) - it is going to be online.
That's why God invented Amazon and eBay...
tongue_smile.gif

We had a family emergency (the Roku died). Had to go to Best Buy.

The things I will do for love of my sister. /sigh

Got an amazing parking spot, third from end, furthest row. Like two rows from door. Had called first, so knew that a) product was in store, and b) where product was located. Sales guy singled it out for us, we were in line less than two minutes, back out the door.

We heartily congratulated ourselves for a job well-done by going to Old Country Buffet, which also wasn't crowded and had no lines.

Maybe that's because all this transpired at 3-5 pm on Friday?

Holy shiznit.

Black Friday 2013: Brawls, Trampling, Shootings

Below is just a selection of some of the chaos people are reporting from this year's sales, with most predictably coming from Walmart stores.

The saddest may be from Romeoville, though, where police have shot a suspected shoplifter following a botched escape that left another police officer injured.

WVVA: UPDATE: Two men arrested over Walmart parking space stabbing

Sheriff Brian Hieatt tells WVVA it happened in the Walmart parking lot. He says two men, 61-year-old Ronnie Sharp of Russell County and 35-year-old Christopher Jackson of Jewell Ridge in Tazewell County, were arguing over a parking space.

This escalated into a threat with a firearm, and then Hieatt says Sharp used a knife to cut Jackson in the arm, slicing down to the bone.

Sharp is charged with malicious wounding and brandishing a firearm. Police seized a rifle from him.

Got an amazing parking spot, third from end, furthest row. Like two rows from door. Had called first, so knew that a) product was in store, and b) where product was located. Sales guy singled it out for us, we were in line less than two minutes, back out the door.

We heartily congratulated ourselves for a job well-done by going to Old Country Buffet, which also wasn't crowded and had no lines.

If you've got the budget for it, put a Roku on your Amazon 'Wish List' and wait for it to go down on price (may take a few weeks or a month or more), so that you've got a lower-cost spare...

You can also buy the product off the web site and select the pickup location.

How quickly and for so little they ditch the sanctity of the sacred Thanksgiving holiday.

How quickly and for so little they ditch the sanctity of the sacred Thanksgiving holiday.
Sacred Thanksgiving holiday???

Sacred Thanksgiving holiday???

Right. The day liberals think every business should close and every employee should get the day off to spend with family. Never mind that they do everything they can to destroy the family. Gotta have that entertainment. It's right up there with medical services. And anyone who goes for the bargain on Black Friday is the biggest sinner of all.

Last edited:

She denied that, the lady on the phone did. In her defense, she was probably a bit overwhelmed.

Forum List

Back