? Congress Gets A Pass ?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Should Congress and their "special interests" be exempt from the legislation they pass...ie Obamacare?

I vote.. NO.. (with outrage)...if we're getting screwed, they should as well....:mad:

They are not exempt.

Please. Be as good as you cn be.

Yes.. we're all rich political elitists or government employees and receiving government subsidized heath care...:lol:

Last edited:
They have always had their insurance subsidized as part of their compensation package. They are not exempt from the ACA.

Please......do not repeat a lie once you know it is a lie. It does a disservice.

Thanks.

It means that they won't be paying out of their own pockets for any part of their hc coverage. Seems the law only applies to everyone but them. Oh and those who can't afford their own. We will be paying for them as well

Not fair in my book.

Last edited:
They are not exempt.

Please. Be as good as you cn be.

Review & Outlook: Congress's ObamaCare Exemption - WSJ.com

Congress grants itself ObamaCare exemptions | Fox News Video

Is Congress Really Attempting A Last Minute End Run To Exempt Itself From Obamacare? - Forbes

Lawmakers, aides may get Obamacare exemption - John Bresnahan and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

In the abortion known as obamacare, there is a clause that reads....

The only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are — (I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act).

And EVERY SINGLE DIMOCRAP SCUMBAG IN CONGRESS VOTED FOR IT.

Every one of them.

In fact, they bragged about it. Openly. They bragged about how it was going to be sooooo good, that they wrote their mandatory participation in it into the law.

Well, now it seems that dimocrap scum have changed their minds. As usual. (Like they ever intended to keep their word in the first place.... They are dimocraps, you know)

So while dimocrap scum won't be technically exempted from the ACA itself, they ARE getting special dispensation from the Office of Personnel Management to ignore that feature of THE LAW as written.

But hey, they're dimocrap scum. What else can you expect.

And you're a dishonest shill.

Call it an exemption or a dispensation or an exception or a giant dildo.....

It still keeps Congress from obeying the very law that they wrote and that they voted for.

They have always had their insurance subsidized as part of their compensation package. They are not exempt from the ACA.

Please......do not repeat a lie once you know it is a lie. It does a disservice.

Thanks.

YOU are the one who is lying.

It is WRITTEN INTO THE FUCKING BILL.

That they MUST Purchase their Insurance through the exchanges and now they're backing out by getting an 'exemption' from the OPM.

What the FUCK do you call that?

lying bitch

Edgetho,

I know this is difficult for you to grasp. But you are wrong. Congress is not exempt from the ACA. They never were. You are horribly uninformed and unable to comprehend the words tht you read.

You are a stupid person. This is a lie that you believe because you desperately want it to be true. But..Congress is not exempt from the ACA and neither are the Congressional staffers.

It means that they won't be paying out of their own pockets for any part of their hc coverage. Seems the law only applies to everyone but them. Oh and those who can't afford their own. We will be paying for them as well

Not fair in my book.

The problem is this:

Chuck Grassley more or less said, "If you think it's so good, then let's make sure YOU have to use it."

the dimocraps called Grassley's bluff and wrote it into the law.

Now that most of the idiots (aka; dimocrap scumbags) have forgotten about it, Congress is changing their minds.

Including a lot of Republicans.

Remember all the crying, gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair about the 'Brain Drain' if the law was enforced as written?

Remember?

Of course, they always set their treachery up with a 'reasonable illusion before they set out to actually change something.

When the dimocrap scumbags didn't get a lot of push-back, when they had dirtbags in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM lie for them, when they had their ignorant toadies in the internet lie for them and there still wasn't a lot of push-back, they're going for it.

dimocraps lie. It's what they do.

Nothing they say, nothing they do, their words, their promises mean nothing.

They have no honor and you can nto shame them.

They're dimocraps. The scum of the Earth.

To sit here and scream that Congress isn't getting an exemption is just simply a lie

Edgetho,

I know this is difficult for you to grasp. But you are wrong. Congress is not exempt from the ACA. They never were. You are horribly uninformed and unable to comprehend the words tht you read.

You are a stupid person. This is a lie that you believe because you desperately want it to be true. But..Congress is not exempt from the ACA and neither are the Congressional staffers.

Look, stupid.

I read legal documents for a living for thirty years.

In the law is the statement I posted above.

Now Congress wants to get out of it.

You can call it whatever you want. A partial exemption. A lobotomy, a hemorrhoid operation, an exclusion, an exception, or you can stick it up your ass and whistle Dixie with it.

But the bottom line is this...

The Office of Personnel Management is allowing Congress and its Staffers to ignore that portion of the law through.... Whatever.

Like I said, you can stick it up your asse whistle Dixie with it. I don't care.

It's an exemption from the law as written.

The LAW says that Congress must........._______ and now Congress is getting away from obeying that section of the law.

Call it what you will.

As to the IDIOTIC assertion that Congress is not being exempted from obamacare en masse....

THAT is the whole point. That they PROMISED to go through the exchanges and now..... They don't wanna.

I hate quibbling little bitches

Last edited:
Congress?s Exemption from Obamacare | National Review Online

In 2009, Senator Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa) decided that the principle deserved to be embedded in Obamacare, and he was able to insert a provision requiring all members of Congress and their staffs to get insurance through the Obamacare health exchanges.......

Democratic and Republican staffers alike were furious, warning that Congress faced a “brain drain” if the provision stuck. Under behind-the-scenes pressure from members of Congress in both parties, President Obama used the quiet of the August recess to personally order the Office of Personnel Management, which supervises federal employment issues, to interpret the law so as to retain the generous congressional benefits..

OPM had previously balked at issuing such a ruling.

Senator Vitter says the OPM ruling has removed “the sting of Obamacare” from Congress.......

The Congressional Leadership Empire decided to strike back at Vitter. Politico reported that several Democratic senators have asked staff to draft legislation that would deny federal health subsidies to anyone who votes for the Vitter plan...... (to deny the exemption)

What Vitter’s opponents fear most is that this fight will penetrate the public’s consciousness........

Edge:
dimocraps are lying scumbags. Top to bottom, inside and out. In the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM and throughout the land....

dimocraps lie. It's waht they do

From the link..

As it turns out, Grassley was wrong. Democrats didn’t reject the amendment. They accepted it, and now it’s part of the law. But that created a very weird situation. The federal government, like most large employers, not only provides the opportunity for its workers to get insurance. It also pays a large portion of the premium. Now that lawmakers and their advisers were going into the exchanges, what would happen to that contribution? Would they just lose the money?

The answer, the administration decided last week, is no. Lawmakers and their staffs could keep their employer contributions, and apply that money towards the cost of whatever insurance they buy in the exchanges.

Forum List

Back